1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

  1. Roninho

    Roninho New Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2021
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    9
    I felt that in some formula classes, but simply reduced the traction/accelaration slider and that worls nicely for me
     
  2. XTRMNTR2K

    XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2016
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Absolutely. I'm not saying that they have to be perfectly dialed in for every class and track combo, but I think it is fair to expect a margin that is +/- 1 second in terms of performance within a couple of points, i.e. you get the desired performance in a range of, say, 93-96. But at least to me having the AI easily be 5-7 seconds slower on a short track while it roughly performs as expected (or better) at the exact same setting on another combination is not acceptable, and I don't think this holds up to Reiza's own high standards either.

    The main problem here is of course the vast number of combinations that needs manual adjustment by the devs, so the best place to start would probably be the official presets the game offers (which is why all of the examples I gave directly come from those).
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. stealthradek

    stealthradek Driving character: Chaotic good AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2020
    Messages:
    1,074
    Likes Received:
    902
    100% agree. While I'd get that some cars will suit some drivers more and some less but there should be some sort of "base level" that's consistent across the various series and that "base level" should be roughly the same.

    Given that there are some sort of median lap times (and ghosts to see and calculate where lap time is gained/lost) I reckon that may be a decent target to get AI dialled in to a sensible 100% capability which could be then adjusted to suit driver skill.

    I'm not sure if it's possible to convert those "most common hotlaps" into AI's laptime baselines though. But it would have been nice! And probably is a waste of time anyway in case the physics get another significant planned update.
     
    • Like Like x 1

Share This Page