1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official General AI Comments & Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. pr07

pr07 Member

• Car / Track used: F-Retro Gen2 (all cars) / Kyalami 1976 (seems to happen on any track)

AI is significantly slower than the player on long straights, as if they weren't going at full throttle, or have too much drag. In Historic Kyalami specifically, this is exagerrated because, due to the AI line, which misses the apex, the AI always gets a terrible exit out of the final corner. But even if I have an equally bad one, I'm still much faster than them on the straight using the default setup.

2. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

• Car / Track used: Formula Retro Gen 1 / Imola Historic 1972
    • AI Strength setting: 105
    • AI Aggression setting: medium
    • Weather when the issue was observed: light cloud with heavy rubber
    imola 72.png

3. manfer

manfer Member

AI on Daytona (Wet Conditions)

I did a race at Daytona with mixed weather conditions. it also rains occasionally. The race lasted a total of 4 hours and after a stint I handed over my DPI to the AI (I was on P4). After an hour I returned and saw that the AI doesn't dare to overtake, instead it hangs in the rear in slower classes (GTE) and thus causes itself damage, so that it has to go to the pits every 2 laps for repairs (than P32 wirh mutch laps behind).
    Unfortunately, changing drivers with AI makes absolutely no sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Delete - problem was on my end. Sorry for bothering you!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

- Chevrolet Omega Stock Cars 1999
    - Le Mans Circuit Bugatti

While the "pass in the grass" is an iconic stock car moment i don't think the whole field should attempt to recreate it every lap :D
    20240113215259_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  6. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

McLaren GT4 AI 120 does this a lot.

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Blue flag behaviour:
    It got slightly better in races, but in training and qualifying, AI still blocks/fights faster cars on their in- and outlap like madmen.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Please make the AI safety car come safely onto the track and not just ignore the pitlane white lines, I almost had a heart attack xD

• Funny Funny x 7
  9. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe all AI cars take this line out of the pits during a full course yellow.

10. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive been playing around with AI and noticed that they never make mistakes, never crash or spin out. Also they occasionally slow down as you approach for the overtake and of course multiclass racing with a slow class and fast class seems to confuse the fast ai. They will just sit behind the slower class and wait till a long straight before overtaking.

Now is there a specific file I can play with to add some spice to the mix? I'd love to see some ai crash or at the very least overshoot a corner. I've been playing with ai ranging from 88 to 99.

Track - Any
    Single race mode
    10 mins +1 lap
    Dry slicks
    Dry clear weather
    Multi class and single class

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2 V1.3

12. TomLehockySVK

GT3 Gen 2 at Le Mans. Is there any use for videos like this ? Instead of having just a picture, here i have raw footage what the AI does or does not do.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice report. The same general behaviour can be witnessed with open wheelers.

14. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Draft strength and usage seems to be a constant trouble spot on both AI and multiplayer racing, specially on ovals. Hopefully Reiza can do a pass on aerodynamics and drafting now that the tyre physics are in a very good spot! Great video.

15. Marg

Marg Active Member

Yes, it also seems to me that oval racing is worse than it was before 1.5.5.4 patch, at Indy oval AI cars (F-USA-Gen1) slow down a bit (release gas pedal) more, it's a bit more erratic...

16. TomLehockySVK

17. TomLehockySVK

While i have seen AI rejoining in safe ways and waiting for traffic to pass, it seems that it does not realize it should wait when drivers from a further distance are approaching, and the approaching AI does not know how to avoid a car on the road and instead sticks to their racing line, thus causing another crash.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

He forgot to shout "Safe rejoin"

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Dud

Dud New Member

The AI since the last update is slower than previously, I beleive this is due to the wider margins they give the track limits and kerbs.
    I like the fact that they seem to stay in the slipstream for a little longer before pulling out to overtake, the problem is that the tow effect is simply not as strong for the AI as it is for the player.
    It seems to me that the loss of aero the AI suffers when compared to the player is too low. This affects both cornering in traffic and slipstreaming.

20. TomLehockySVK

The draft / slipstream / tow effect basically does not exist from the AI, only time you see an AI overtake from what looks like the slipstream boost is actually the AI driver just driving faster on their own. I did many tests that showed the AI draft not working. See 0:23 as an example.

• Informative Informative x 2