1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Real Weather Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2021.

1. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

Set the time, date and weather to realtime. So when I start at 6pm today for example the race starts at this time, date and with realtime weather.

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

That sounds cool, but not fully possible

3. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

Sadly. In AC its fun to go to a Track in Realtime and drive with the actual weather of the Track.
    But since I installed AMS2 I don't like driving in AC anymore .. so these features are missing. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ben Summers

Ben Summers New Member

Hi all,

I am about to test the historic real weather option for the first time very shortly. I am going to start my F1 1983 season replicating the tracks (where possible) and cars/drivers using the 1983 F1 skinpack. Does anyone know for sure if the Historic/ real weather goes back as far as 1983? I really hope so, or all my races maybe just Clear. Thanks guys

Regards
    Ben

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It should? It went back 40 years last year, dunno if it eliminates 1 year to stay in that 40 year range. If you choose a date and the game doesnt default to using current date instead, it means its using the date you choose.

Do report if real weather works for you! I haven't had too much success trying to replicate the real weather of some F1 races.

7. Ben Summers

Ben Summers New Member

@Mazdaspeed Good news, I have tried a couple of tracks from 1983. Jacarepagua and Spa races both worked for real weather, I set lots of ai races at both of these events and the weather was different and changed during testing difering dates in 1983 :)

Regards
    Ben

• Like Like x 2
  8. PostBox981

PostBox981 New Member

Sorry for asking, if that has already been explained here or somewhere else. Is anybody in the know of how Real Weather works in detail? I would like to know how often the weather gets updated during a session and whether also very short weather interactions, e.g. a very short shower, are possible. First and foremost though it would be important for us to know how long a weather slot is going to stay, as we don´t have a forecast yet.

If there is a place with the answers on my questions, it would be great if somebody would be so kind as to link me there. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Theis Søndergaard

Theis Søndergaard New Member

Buenos Aires, 1995 F1 GP, on April 9 1995, was raced on a dry track. No matter what time of day I pick, AMS2 sets this on a wet track, with varying degrees of rain and fog.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

In windows settings you can synchronize time. it has an impact on the weather, Automobilista2 uses a live weather program if the game and the program are not synchronized the live weather will not work.
    Maybe this will help

11. Theis Søndergaard

Thanks, but not quite sure I understand. My report is not about current weather, but rather historic. For this specific GP, it was rainy all days leading up to the race, but not on race-day (according to all reports I´ve read, and the video i´ve seen from the race. In AMS2, I tried the track on the specified historic date many times and at most available timeslots during the day, but it´s always rain and wet track no matter what.

My Windows is set to "Set time automatically" and is synced to current time.

12. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

I meant historical weather my bad,
    (My Windows is set to "Set time automatically" and is synchronized with the current time) same for me.
    what the developers have said, it may help to synchronize the time so the computer is synchronized to the weather program, that's what I know

13. Cornflex

Cornflex New Member

Are weather changes possible if you select real weather?
    How often is the real weather updated?
    Is it only checked once at the beginning of a session and used consistently over the duration or can there also be changes in the weather?

Thanks in advance.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Real weather unfortunately doesn't really work that "real" with real time progression. It seems to simulate the weather in 1 hour intervals, so it's extremely rare for you to see transitions in races shorter that 80 minutes. You need to use 2X+ time progression to get the weather to change.

There's also some issues within the weather system in the game with the correlation of the track temperature not being based on the ambient temperature or track state, but the date. So if you start a race in a summer date and the track is wet with overcast skies and an ambient temperature of 70°F, the track will be at 90°F which doesn't make sense, and that in turn causes the track to dry a lot faster than it should.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Theis Søndergaard

Track: Monza Historic 1991. Scenario: 1995 F1 GP, on September 10 1995, was raced on a dry track, sunny weather.
    AMS2 sets this to Fog with Rain, Wet track, with varying degrees of rain and fog.

16. Theis Søndergaard

Cumbersome Tip, if you want the change the (real-world) weather for a mid-season race (where the date has been locked once the season has started, and thus you´re stuck):

- Find another track, where the weather is the way you want it, on that date.
    - Edit the track file (.trd in Automobilista 2\tracks), so that the "Track_Location" value is that of the track with the "correct" weather.
    - Remember to edit the track back to its original Track_Location value once you´re done...

17. Bealdor

Bealdor Member

I found at least 1 weather service that says cloud cover was overcast and weather described as mist at race start (2pm).
    So the ingame weather isn't completely off, at least according to specific weather stations. Not sure where the rain is coming from though because precipitation was 0mm for that time frame.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Peter McMullan

Peter McMullan New Member

Maybe a better place to ask is there any way a weather radar could be implemented even if only visible from before the race as a forecast to time pits to change before the spits on the windscreen

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris New Member

I have also found the weather to make wet days when there wasn't in history. It's too untrustworthy, i make whole seasons and get disappointed when the game decides there needs to be a monsoon typhoon in qualifying one hour after a perfectly sunny practice session. Big shame that this claim (real historic weather) about the game is so patently false.