1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Real Weather Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2021.

1. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Ok, I found it (quite some time ago I configured this). It's a workaround for ProjectCars2, the real weather in AMS2 works in my experience. It's actually from mr belowski :), Link: GitHub - mrbelowski/PCars2OpenweatherServer. I remember I had to create a free account, probably on Weather API - OpenWeatherMap. Everything else is as he describes under "Proxy Mode". I didn't test it over a year now, but I expect that it still works. Note, there is also a non proxy mode, in case you want to write your own better random weather generator (the game thinks its real weather though).

• Like Like x 1
  2. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Has there been any confirmation of this? I've also experienced rain on practically every session using Real Weather in a championship. Is it just a coincidence? Is Real Weather working as intended? I have also experienced dry sessions as well - but they are in a minority - so it feels like the game is Gaslighting me! "No baby, don't worry it's just in your head! Real Weather is working exactly perfectly - see, a dry race! Don't worry, sweetheart - you're going crazy!" <proceeds to do wet sessions for the next 3 races>

Anyone know one way or the other?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally think there are some issues with real weather as sometimes if you exit a session and then go back into it the weather is different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I experienced that today in championship mode, started a race yesterday and it was raining, quit and returned and it was sunny and hot.
    I also noticed there was no historic weather data for Gionia and Velo Citi.

I synced my windows clock and still got the same results.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know how the time reading actually works to calculate the real weather at each track, but it would not be bad to set the time synchronization via an external server such as
    ZULU TIME. Synchronize the time according to the place and avoid problems related to Microsoft Windows. Finally it would be great to insert the weather forecast with maybe a radar as mentioned long ago here in the forum.

6. Dakine Thor

Dakine Thor New Member

Also how often does real weather update? Hourly?

7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

MS FS updates the real weather via METAR all 10 minutes, I guess AMS2 uses the same public data.

8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 uses OpenWeatherMap's API. No idea how often it updates.

9. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

using time synchronization with this ZULU TIME is it possible in the game?
    delete the setting that if you do not synchronize the time of windows does not work the real weather

10. F1Aussie

The accelerated weather bug seems to be back. In custom championship with x5 accelerated time i have had many times over the last couple of weeks where it can go from dry weather to wet weather and soaked track in the space of one corner, of even less at hockenheim 88 tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Erik G

Erik G New Member

Custom Ginetta G40 championship. April 5th 2022 at 11am. Brands Hatch Indy 15 laps x 2 races, no time acceleration, real historical weather and real time progression. No rain on the date historically, at least from the sources I have. Race 1 started clear and sunny, every other lap there were heavy clouds, then clear and sunny again the following lap, and so on until very light rain after about 10 minutes, track was undriveable after 30 seconds even though there was a clearly visible dry line so I quit and restarted it. Restarted race and it started on a wet track which a couple of minutes later turned into a dry track. All AI pitted for dries. I remained on wets for the full race, the weather was behaving pretty much as mentioned before and on the last lap (~14 minutes in) a torrential rain suddenly started out of nowhere. My hunch was right.

Race 2, at 12am same day. Damp track. I started on dries. Weather behaved as mentioned (sunny/heavy clouds taking turns every lap). AI seem to have all started on wets and pitted after two laps. Sudden torrential rain and flooded track on the next to final lap (~13 minutes in) that stopped pretty much instantly and one lap later the track was pretty much dry again.

I know it's England, but come on?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Erik G

Erik G New Member

Same custom championship as mentioned in my post above. Track Kansai (East layout). Date April 12th 2022 at 11am. According to my sources, no rain at this date and this place either. However, Race 1, light rain on lap 11 out of 15 beginning when I passed the start/finish straight. Track undriveable after half a lap. Pitted for wets and finished the race. Rain stopped at lap 12. Track drying up by lap 15.

Race 2. Exactly the same. Light rain on lap 11, beginning when I started on the start/finish straight. Track undriveable at the end of the start/finish straight. Then heavy rain for the rest of that lap. I pitted for wets, rain stopped mid lap 12. Track drying up by lap 15.

Note, I ran practice and qualify before the race date. Always rain towards the last few minutes of both sessions.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just an information that we are aware about current weather quirks!
    Real weather and weather/track progression especially in custom championship context is under investigation and a few things have been found already. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Another thing:
    When driving a car without all weather-tyres but which has slicks, many cars are immediately undriveable when the track gets wet. You gotta crawl to pits. Ok for me, Formula cars are hard to control with these tyres in wet conditions.
    But the AI, also on slicks before their stop, still drives like on rails, just as if the track was dry. This bug was also there in those horrible Project Cars games and still exists in AMS 2.
    The AI should suffer from wet tracks the same way the player does.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Erik G

Erik G New Member

I partly agree. Personally I have found that they do slow down a lot in the classes I have driven so far (GT3 & Ginetta G40) but a lot later than the player. It's like there is a delay of a AI wet behaviour script. Once they slow down they slow down a lot.

16. F1Aussie

That is good to know Crimson

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dakine Thor

Dakine Thor New Member

I don’t think Real Weather is perfect especially in areas of the world where report’s aren’t constantly updated etc

This is what happened to me. I’m racing in a F1 championship at Brands Hatch and it forecasted 0% rain on race day. I even checked the 24hr live cam for the area and saw no rain throughout the day. So when I did the actual race at my local time it was already 2am the next day there. I selected race start at 2pm using Real Weather and Historic Weather since 2pm had already passed there. I still got a down pour half way during the race which made me having to pit for tire change and went from P1 to finish at P6

18. Dakine Thor

Dakine Thor New Member

October 11th 2022 at Brands Hatch. Race started at 2pm with 0% rain fall prediction for the entire day. It started to pour about 2:30pm for approximately 10 minutes
    I checked 24hr live cam for the area and witnessed no rain for the entire day

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
  19. Dakine Thor

Dakine Thor New Member

Radar confirmed the same. No rain

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Some issues with real weather in custom championship have been found already which also influences weather type per date/session. We're working on that.

• Like Like x 1