1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Real Weather Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Nacho1311

Nacho1311 New Member

Dubious weather in custom championship mode with F1 Classic Gen4:
    My settings:
    Buenos Aires No6 GP
    Date: 03/15/2000
    Practice:
    15 minutes
    Time acceleration 2x
    Start time: 10:00
    real historical weather - 2x accelerated
    Qualification: 15 minutes:
    Race: 40 minutes

I had 8 different weather situations in practice.
    From fog to sun, then cloudy, shortly after rain, again cloudy, sun, heavy fog and at the end again fog.
    The track was also completely wet in a few minutes and dried up just as quickly.
    I think this is a bug.
    So many weather changes in half an hour do not seem realistic to me although I must say that I am not from Argentina

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had similar, real weather can't remember what year but early eighties. It was flashing between light cloud and thunderstorms, very trippy in vr. Championship mode still needs some work. And my country icon is still blank..

3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Real weather is bugged in custom championships unfortunately, been a while like that...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but when I started my newest Racing Life season, I started making sure that I turn real weather and real time weather progression off and back on again in every custom championship session I create. So far I'm up to 13 races with no weather issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Well, I think you just got lucky, but will try doing that ritual to see if it helps.

6. Troodon

Entirely possible. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

7. Mazdaspeed

I'll be damned, not counting victory on your ritual yet, but I have done 2 races and they both have been fine.

The first at Hockenheim stayed with rain through the hour long race, so that didn't impress me much. But the second at Silverstone started with rain, then after 30m eased to light rain and the track progression was spot on!

Fingers crossed this weird ritual keeps working!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Troodon

My theory is that the initial settings don't get set properly for a new championship despite what the UI shows, and if you don't do the clicks they end up getting old values, bad defaults or something completely garbled which the game then interprets to the best of its ability. I've also been wondering if it could have something to do with the extra custom championship slots that were added at some point, but that's a really vague guess that I have no confidence in.

Both theories could be wrong and the ritual's working could still be a coincidence, but with 15 races between at least four different championships and two players driven without issues it's starting to feel like I may be at least partially correct. Fingers still crossed.

9. Mazdaspeed

So now I am pretty certain its no coincidence and that turning them off and on does seem to fix the custom championship real weather bug!

I have done 5 races now and each has been fine, only in Jerez I got a visual bug, where the race started with light rain and then changed to heavy cloud but the rain kept falling. The track progression and evolution was spot on though.

It's so good doing races in this sim with the weather system it has, only wished the marbles where more visible in the dry!

You just made a nice discovery Trodon!

• Like Like x 2
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    something strange:
    Since a long time real weather / current live weather is not working anymore.
    With update to 1.5 I got historic weather till 27th July 2023.
    Now, with update to 1.5.0.4 I have historic weather till 11th August 2023.
    But why not till12th? And what's the reason for non live weather?
    It's really sad because this is a great feauter if it works.

I know, there is something with system time. But system time is OK, date, hours, minutes, seconds, everything fine.
    In earlier times I synchronised system clock with internet each day when using AMS.
    But since another long time, my Windows11 hangs up when doing this. Even a system reset didn't help to avoid that hang up issue. And in windows event log there is nothing noted. So a very curious system error..
    Has someone an idea? Would be great to know, thanks

11. alink

What I do not understand:
    Current date: - no real weather
    currentdate.jpg
    This goes back till 16/08/2023
    16082023.jpg
    But at 15/08/2023 there is weather found:
    15082023.jpg

BUT: time synchronisation was last done at 12/08/2023
    synch.jpg
    So, this is not the issue.
    The use of PC and AMS was last on sunday 13/08/2023 (and today 19/08/2023)

Any hint?
    It's really sad that this great feature doesn't work correctly:(

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The Real Historic Weather is updated when the game is updated (although likely never to the exact day as I doubt Reiza updates the database as the last, most important thing prior to every game update).

If Live Weather is not working, it is simply not working and should be unrelated to the historic weather.

Of course, what this system means is that if Live Weather is not working, you will never be able to get "real" live weather because by definition the historic database cannot contain today's weather.

I solve the whole problem by using random weather slots, since they aren't random, but instead a probability-based representative weather from the actual location and date.

Let's agree the UI in the game on all this is not the most helpful :)

13. alink

Thanks for feedback.
    Historic weather is updated with game update - OK
    But, is Live Weather working in generall or not, is it an issue on my or on another side?
    Of course, this is not essential for life, but a great and nice feature.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am not seeing the "No Live Weather Found" message here. I get Live Weather if I set the time and date correctly. Of course, this means if I in North America want to test Bathurst, I have to set the race date to tomorrow and figure out the exact hour that corresponds to my "live" current time. Checked a couple of locations and they were plausible compared to a forecast site I found (but do not know how accurate it is).

I also don't know how P and Q sessions work if you pick Live Weather for a Race. They cannot use "live weather" since they occur in the past (two and one days prior to race), but they also cannot use Real Weather as days that recent haven't been loaded into the database yet. Does it revert to random or some other setting? Hence my preference for the representative weather that the random slots provide. Good enough for me. I get really annoyed if inappropriate weather is provided for a certain location and season, but could not care less if it is an exact match for a particular day in history. The representative weather is always "appropriate" for the place and date and I can introduce changeability by simply using more slots.

If I wanted to replicate some special race with changing weather from the past, I would manually set the slots, since between forecast inaccuracy, time zone issues, and a gameplay issue, it's not worth the hassle to me. The gameplay issue is that if I progress through a decent-length P and Q session, which I would if I actually cared so much about a race that I wanted RealWeather, have I exceeded the current hour for LiveWeather and it has to switch to historic (meaning the unknown substitute for lack of very recent historic weather in the database)?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mazdaspeed

I think some sort of in game weather report, just before the race or in the garage menu would be a godsend to help understand the live weather features, that way you wouldn't be blind to what the weather will be thought the sessions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. alink

Yes, I think using random weather is a good/better option to get a real weather than using "real weather". Random weather uses a comprehensible logic for its weather, depending on date and time.
    Real weather, what logic, to which base? Example time, is it local time, GMT, American, Australian, Chinese,... time?
    When real weather "worked", I always got so big differences between P, Q and race like between spring, summer, autumn.
    Now, did a test with random weather and got some more constant weather what seems more real. Of course, one day rain, one day sun is not unnormal, but in gerenal, either there is a high or low weather situation. Therefore either a cloudy, rainy or sunny warm weekend....

17. Mazdaspeed

So, has anybody real weather stopped transitioning? As in each session the weather doesn't change at all? Did a full 71 lap race at Interlagos (March 24 1991, 15:00 start time) and it was foggy, 76F ambient temperature, 6mph wind the whole race.

It's happening in my custom championship as well. Before the issue was too many weather changes in a session, now it's not having any changes at all! o_Oo_O

18. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This might explain the issues were having here https://forum.reizastudios.com/thre...yer-feedback-reports.9127/page-39#post-257515
    The real weather seems to be acting strange for us & maybe its because we really don't understand how it all works.

19. BPsurf

BPsurf New Member

Would love to get realtime date, time and weather like in AC.

20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What does that mean?