1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Hi!
    the game crashes when making any race or practice with the stock car omega.

anyone?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When starting a race on Buenos Aires #7 with F_USA Gen 2, the loading screen shows me a world record in TT.
    But when switching to TT mode in order to see which times people have achieved on this track, all over sudden, there are no times set there. :rolleyes:o_O

Unbenannt-2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  3. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i can't add any ghosts with nur 24h TT.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you driven a lap in that combo?

6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

No, just in single race, where the loading screen shows me a world record that does not exist in TT mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sam12H

Sam12H New Member

Hi all.

Can someone point me to the notification and reasoning behind some category's time trial boards being reset recently.

8. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The reason was due to substantial physics changes that would make comparisons between old and new times useless.

I think this was mentioned in one of the dev updates a few months ago.

9. Sam12H

Sam12H New Member

Thanks, and that's usually the reason, but I'm talking very recently ie. in the past week or so.

I saw the one you are referring to, which is why I even started posting times late last year. I thought that dev update said they were finally happy with the physics and therefore done with resetting boards. It appears that is not the case.

10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Not sure which leaderboards you're referring to but I remember one of the developers mentioning something about F-Classic leaderboards being reset recently because they were adding cars and moving some cars to a different gen within F-Classic. Probably the same applies to street car leaderboards too.

11. Lukas2121

Lukas2121 New Member

F-Classic G1 and G3 leaderboards were reset due to performance changes, presumably to fit more in line with the cars being added as part of the Brazilian Racing Legends DLC.

Source

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sam12H

Sam12H New Member

Thanks. Your link appears to confirm my suspicion that this occurred with zero warning.
    And I get why it needed to happen. My objection is being blindsided by it.

I know it's just a game Reiza, but it's hard to stay emotionally invested when several of your 'world records' are deleted from existence with no warning or explanation (and right before Christmas) just to make a new licenced car look good, after you said you were finally "happy with the physics" (I even waited until you said that before moving on from AMS).
    Meanwhile there's a thread wondering why the user count isn't bigger. This and the poor multiplayer experience have a common theme (ie. no reason to become or stay emotionally invested) /endrant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because we are still dealing with a stint best time and not a best session time, It should be possible to set a best time to leave the TT and load your best time as a ghost, unfortunately that is also not possible because some "random" loading is then done. This hasn't been okay for so long, maybe it's time to fix that
    20230104102035_1.jpg
    20230104102102_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

15. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

In Daytona time trails , racers are using pits to for faster times, nice trick, but this is not real racing.
    Cones are marked with pit speed. Track management would ask you to leave the track if we pulled this in real racing at any track. Other VR games have had the problem and fixed it The race starts at the start finish line, not in the pits. I see more racers doing it in more classes. I thing it makes the game and Daytona look less real. Up for discussion.

16. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

17. Speedbump

Speedbump Member

In Daytona time trails , racers are using pits to for faster times, nice trick, but this is not real racing.
    Cones are marked with pit speed. Track management would ask you to leave the track if we pulled this in real racing at any track. Other VR games have had the problem and fixed it The race starts at the start finish line, not in the pits. I see more racers doing it in more classes. I thing it makes the game and Daytona look less real. Up for discussion.

18. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

In Formula Retro Gen.2 the Brabham BT46b 'fan car' is quite a bit quicker after the recent revisions.

Either that or I got way faster suddenly, I'm hoping it could still be that :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When can we finally see in the TT with which driving aids a time was driven. I classify a time that was driven with manual clutch and H-shift higher than one that was driven with autoclutch and paddles. we still can not see this now after 3 years of development. That is easy to realize pCARS2 has already shown us. Why do we not get this display?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Fully agree with that.
    But even a more humble change like just add the date where the lap was run would make it possible to get rid of Reizas unannounced resets of TT LBs.
    Because we could check exactly when the lap was run - before or after certain updates.
    I proposed this simple change years back but exactly as I expected it has been ignored.

Proposal:
    TT Date proposal2.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1