1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Why should I participate in anything if there are people who do these things?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. jose46lopez

upload_2023-5-28_18-43-27.png

However, some people have to learn how to jump the curves better to beat someone who is really good ;););););););)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jose46lopez

This is the line guys...:p

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's why I brought it up, the whole leaderboard is.

If they allow it, we're all going to exploit it. It's just like the sticky grass exploit in iRacing rallycross: if the devs refuse to patch it, expect everyone to use it. It's not right, I don't like cutting the chicane, but it's just part of the current meta in the weekly TT.

Edit: the top ghost I went against did it too.

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  5. jose46lopez

Well no, I'm not going to exploit it, you can see my lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. DavidGossett

Than any attempts I do later I won't, but I guarantee if someone beats yours by 2 seconds by using exploits that you'd use it. I've seen this kind of stuff in iRacing too much. What Reiza need to do is just wipe the Monaco leaderboards again, but the track limits issues have been known about for a long time.

Tbh, the skip is only worth a 0.3-0.4. I was off 0.2 on that run and gained most of my time in the last sector.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK I thought the mentioned exploits was setup exploits.
    Using bugs in the track limits is just lame(IMO).
    Before the mentioned Azure bug I have only seen mentioned the track limit exploit on Montreal GP.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Personally when I discover people mis-using such track bugs in TT mode I just stop driving on that track in TT mode. Because its not fun (or challenging) trying to get a high position on the LB and then find that someone without much skills is able to beat the lap only because he is driving over the grass or through a tire wall.:rolleyes:

8. jose46lopez

You don't know me to say this. My time is already done, at most I can go 2 tenths lower. Just because something is wrong, doesn't mean you have to use it. So let them continue with that "ethic".;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. DavidGossett

Normally I would do the same, but Monaco is a track I've held the record at multiple times previously. The only reason I used the Nouvelle skip was every ghost I saw on the weekly time trial (this was before Lopez's run) used it. If everyone else is cheating on it and Reiza won't fix it, I might as well use it. Since Lopez set a better time without it, I'll go try and beat his time without the skip. It's not so much about using an exploit as it is being on a level playing field to those around me.

As mentioned before, I don't like iRacing's iRX grass/curb exploits, but if you've ever done a top split race with the championship level guys, they use the exploit. The only solution I have is to report it (which I did) and drive to the same standard as those around me.

Fair enough, you do you... Sorry for insinuating your "ethics..."

My recent weekend working at a GR Cup event, you better believe everyone was exploiting track limits. Race control wasn't enforcing it, so everyone was going miles wide. The same thing happens at Watkins Glen in game here. Everyone talks about following track limits on T1, but it always devolves into everyone abusing it. I don't like it, but I already mentioned the skip needs patched before you did and refused to use it in the normal leaderboard. If you want to vilify me over this, I'll go back and beat my previous time without the skip.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jose46lopez

I also saw how everyone cut the chicane, but unlike you, I decided to make an effort and believe me, I feel quite gratified with it. I invite you to do the same and be able to say, I am in front of people who take advantage of what they should not. Don't worry, I didn't vilify you, in the end it's just a game, in which I see many bugs, which I hope they fix and don't have to wait for forum users to see these things.

So good luck in your attempt, try hard, it's only 3 tenths of a second;)

11. DavidGossett

I'll admit I underestimated how big the skip was. Realistically it's 0.6-0.7ish, but I did get my best sector 2 to only 0.3 off of my skip run.

Edit: Just bested my last run legitimately, the current 1:08.359 on the Weekly TT was completely in track limits. Video evidence below.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jose46lopez

xD

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What’s with the helicopter in the background

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. DavidGossett

giphy (21).gif

If you don't, I will. Either Reiza fixes track limits or they should delete the times from this week's TT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jose46lopez

Let us trust that these messages will be read.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. DavidGossett

Unfortunately, I don't think Reiza will do anything about the Weekly TT leaderboard. A big update is coming, taking all of their attention. I doubt they'll go through all of the ghosts to make sure. I'm fine with a legitimate P2 on proper track limits, but I don't want Yeet & Co. walking away with an undeserved win. If Reiza doesn't respond by the end of the day, I'm putting in a skip lap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have been asking to fix these track limits for years as Monaco is one of my favourite tracks.
    Hopefully the Monaco 1988 version will fix itself with walls everywhere

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

I have a question. If you changed the physics of some cars, wouldn’t it be a good idea to reset the times of the Time Trial?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is due for 1.5 latest, yes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. madchief

madchief Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What happens if I load an old TT setup from the leaderboard for a revised car? Will it be correctly applied "on top" of the revised physics or will the same bug occur as with old locally saved setups?