1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Old TT setups will not work properly anymore on revised cars.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

Would using an old setup or even a manipulated setup open the door for cheating?

Can you validate a setups values (to be valid inside a range according to the physics of the car it is for)?
    Can you then do this after each update on your own (=automatically for the player) ?

I remember the cars setup screen to offer the same properties since about the beginning so I don't see a reason for setups becoming invalid.
    When you validate setups on your own, you can put an exclamation mark to properties in the car setup screen whose value had to be clamped to the new range of a physics update.

I see Automobilista is still alive and apparently well which is nice and good (I think).
    But i am frustrated with some of the player experience = gui and time trial leaderboards being reset and "you" not doing anything about it although the solutions are theoretically simple (and you could implement it for a good foundation before all else) (such as a game version indicator column in the "database" of time trial leaderboards)

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I guess its pretty easy to understand.
    If an old setup as example set the ride high lower than it is allowed after an update then if you launch this old setup the ride heigh will be reset to the lowest that is allowed after the new update.
    And what you call a "manipulated setup" is probably just something invented by your imagination.
    Or if it is not then show all of us such a "manipulated setup" by using it on some of the TT LBs.
    Then lets see if this is possible ;)

Waiting for your proof of this cheating possibility :D

EDIT: det the ride > set the ride

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  4. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

Would = If

I don't know if someone can.

If Automobilista 2 already does validation there is no need for the Steam Update News hint to "reset" the setup:
    "
    IMPORTANT:
    all revised cars
    MUST
    have the setup reset - users can do so either by resetting each model individually from their setup menu, or for all cars by deleting your local Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\vehiclesetups folder (please note however this would also delete your existing setups from currently unrevised cars that don´t require the reset yet)
    "

I think a "better ui" will make more people more happily using Autmobilista 2 than a good physics update and a setup reset will (inwardly) push more people away.

Re "better ui" 3 things come to mind: "back/exit" buttons clearer in sessions, leaderboard preservation and time trial replay length (at least should cover Nordschleife)

5. BrunoB

Conserning this "reset setups" warning before/after almost each update I have posted before that I have never done this resets.
    And I think my positions on a lot of TT LBs does prove that the old setups have until now not been made unuseable.
    My own conclusion is that Reiza use this warning as a safeguarding against critique from unsatisfied users who for some reason or another cannot get to grip with their favorite car after an update.
    As example the change in the F-Reiza after this upd I mostly feel like the brakes does block more and the corner behaviour of the car has become more "flimsy" to control.
    But only slightly - so after some time you get adapted to the new F-Reiza ;)

ByTheWay: So much for the IMPORTANCE to completely reset setups (IMO). :D

6. BrunoB

AfterThougt: All sims does make some pre-"validation" of setup values. Thats the reason you cannot input numbers outside the legal range in the setup menus. :cool:

7. mafredx

mafredx New Member

After more than 2 years using AMS2, until today I have never seen any cheeter, today I can report with absolute certainty that Rizki Bagja uses a very powerful cheet, check out his ride in Barcelona and you will understand. I hope you will delete his account

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. BrunoB

I know iRacing use a lot of effort to reveal and ban cheeters because they know its poison for a serious racing game if people get the feeling that competitors is able to cheat.
    But on the AMS2s TT leaderboards I have seen a few drivers showing both some insane laptimes and ghosts you cannot follow even in a straight line using same setup.
    But without proof I will not post names.

9. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As often requested, I would like a leaderboard that shows with which driving aids a time was driven. either as a web version or in the game itself. pCARS2 had that and AMS1 as well. The tools would be available.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

hello all, i read mafredx post and sadly i saw that user rizki bagja used a very powerful cheet. you as reiza staff have the obligation to fight cheeting by any means, cheeting is the cancer of sim racing, if you don't do it this community will never grow. I really hope that you will do something

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

with which car he drove?

12. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

formula v10 gen 2 in barcellona

13. pvly

pvly New Member AMS2 Club Member

can confirm that rizki bagja is 100% cheating. F-V10 Gen 2, also on Brands Hatch, Bathurst...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

How?

15. pvly

pvly New Member AMS2 Club Member

abnormally high top speeds on straights with a setup that doesn’t warrant it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mafredx

mafredx New Member

also in spa v10 gen 2 ...... Do something against this cheeter, or all your best users will leave AMS2, you can't accept users who do this

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mafredx

mafredx New Member

now also in monza , interlagos and many other track, please reiza stop this idiot ....please

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mafredx

mafredx New Member

@CrimsonEminence please stop him or our community will be infected by this kind of pepole

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

@CrimsonEminence Hi everyone ! I've been using asm 2 for a couple of years before then I've used as a joke in the past some other simulator that I've never been passionate about ... I spent a lot of money to create my workstation ... so I regularly get passionate about try to do some better time without expecting anything ... I mainly do online competitions and create the rooms and even if I often arrive in the rear it is so exciting that I enjoy it and impress myself more and more every time ... when I came to know about this situation I tried to load the ghost of rizki bagja and I tried to follow him with my favorite car the v10 gen2 ... practically after the first straight ... where everything seemed normal .... at the second it disappeared suddenly as if it were a military fighter plane ... then comparing myself with other pilots and after seeing this discussion on the forum I convinced myself that it is actually not possible to go so fast especially only on the straights .... where then in the curves and in certain sectors he goes slower perhaps even than me .... and this is all to say ... if there is someone who can check it would be better .... just to know that this passion of mine can lead me to improve and not to compete against any scammers who with software and without any kind of effort are in front of you after a week of using ams 2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1