1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. pvly

pvly New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, he is much slower in corners but when he gets to a straight, his car accelerates surprisingly quickly and reaches incredible high speeds in a short amount of time. I think he is also doing it with other cars. He also got the top time on the Time Trial of the Week last week with the DPi at Watkins Glen, although I didn’t get a chance to view the ghost to verify as it ended before I could play.

@CrimsonEminence At the very least it would be great if you or someone else could acknowledge seeing these complaints, even if isn’t a top priority for you right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You don't need to ping me with every message - leaderboards will be wiped with 1.5 and the issue will be forwarded, i can't say much more at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

O thx

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

Hello again,
    so if I understand correctly when the new release 1.5 comes out all the records of the various tracks with the various cars will be deleted?
    Basically I rode two years training to improve my times not only in the race but also in the time trial and now all my efforts and my records will be erased?
    So couldn't the old ranking be frozen by writing in the database that that record belongs to the previous release?
    I find that it is correct obviously not only for me but for all the pilots and above all those who are on the first, second and third pages…
    I imagine that it is not a simple job but I believe that a simulator at this level must also have this information in respect of those who have dedicated time and passion to it…
    Sincerely
    Giacomo Sgarra (jack)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey (jack) I have seen such a request a few time before.
    And its understable that people like you who use a lot of time and effort to refine your driving skills so you are able to get a high(er) position on the TT LBs want it saved.
    But as I have experienced Reizas focus over the years then it has not been pointing on making TT mode even slightly more satisfying for the TT users.
    Just check how many times people have asked for an inclusion of the aids used.
    And even such a simple thing as the date of the laptimes on the LBs has been neglected.

ByTheWay: My own oppinion about saving my many top (or at least higher :)) positions on different TT LBs is that the joy I get by forcing myself to better a laptime even a fraction of a sec is enough reward to me. Hehe and as a further reward I get a good laugh when I see people who are not even able to run a reasonably laptime in TT mode proudly explain that they consider TT participating as waste of time.:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

@CrimsonEminence Could I please have an answer?

7. CrimsonEminence

There is no technical possibility to save old versions of TT records, these times will also be invalid for many classes because pace window will change for many, some minor, some major.

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I thought that Reiza would reset the leaderboards with version 1.5.
    But times are still there.

9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Which car and track?

10. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato said LB will be reset once 1.5 physics have been finalised in the next few weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I guess any. I just choosed random cars and tracks which did not have new physics in version 1.4.8 and there were times in the leaderboards quite soon after update. Some of them I knew and those were old records from before.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BrunoB

Actually you could just make some screendumps of the LBs you are interested in.
    And then save them for your personal posterity.

No Im not joking because as said above I understand your frustration - but...:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

They'll be much easier to repeat.

14. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey after the reset are we going to have a totally open TT boards eg Rx cars on kart tracks etc. Non of this "leader board dose not exist for this car track combination" nonsense. please.

15. Giacomo Sgarra

Giacomo Sgarra JACK VR

Hi everyone,
    as we can see...the famous cancellation of all rankings didn't happen...the new release is crazy the physics is awesome, me personally i'm nobody, i consider the software the best existing simulator....not to mention the others on the market.

Request? why don't you delete the time trial charts? where at this time the first ever on several tracks and with various cars has all been decreed a crook?

I approached the simulation for two years and after having invested a lot of money for the hardware and after having struggled to make it work ... including the vr viewer ... later ... not knowing anything about setups I began to follow in the time trial the first in the world loading their ghosts and consequently their settings and I must say that from the default set-up I found myself much better .... I started to go a little faster ... then I still wonder why leave Mr. Rizki Bagja in the first position, who is now obvious to be a crook when other people you know well have sweated for 10 hours per session to do the times they did?

Unfortunately, if immediate measures are not taken, all the strongest drivers will leave, if they haven't already done so ... and we will find ourselves driving with the best software in the world populated only by scammers who beat each other up and don't they know no rules whatsoever.

for your consideration

Jack

16. CrimsonEminence

Because the performance calibration process isn't yet completed. Some classes are still in process of being balanced and some classes receive changes in pace overall. After this has been done, the leaderboards will be wiped. This will happen soon!

• Like Like x 1
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Member AMS2 Club Member

It will be interesting.:D
    I am in. :cool:
    So everyone fights with the same weapons.
    The grip reduction is clearly visible in V1.5.4 compared to old versions.
    But in the end I was able to get it out of the last 2 corners.
    Porsche RSR 74 Cadwell.

18. BrunoB

Oh noooo.
    All my top positions will be wiped out then.
    Where is my revolver - Im gonna kill myself :(
    :p:D:p

19. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Am having some issues with leaderboards, some classes show up as: "Could not sync leaderboard", quite a few them, Group C and Stockcar 2020-2021 come to mind, there's many more though, just remember these from the top of my head.

Not a big issue, and might be a steam issue, no clue, been like this for past week or so for me. Leaderboards will be reset anyway soon, but thought I'd report it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Are you serious? Dang really? Cheaters in TT mode??????? What the heck Reiza, will this be fixed?

I understand the leader boards will be wiped once 1.5 physics are finalized / revised / whatever, good stuff, but will people still be able to cheat on TT mode? That really sucks.

I love this sim but this would be the nail in the coffin for me. I like to compete for the top spot, I rarely get it but no way will i waste any more time competing with cheaters

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3