1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Darrel Klassen

Darrel Klassen New Member

Oh please lol. I could care less about beating anyone in TT or working my way up a public leaderboard. My frustrations are about how the cars behave in TT as opposed to practice and races. All I'm saying is TT has issues when it comes to tracks and handling. Practice and races don't seem to have that issue, at least for me. A couple new features in practice can fix all that and save the devs a lot of time to focus on more important things.

btw, getting rid of TT was just my opinion. If you don't agree that's fine. Don't need to get all butt hurt about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Ups sorry.
    I dont know what suddenly happened :p
    I couldnt help it :rolleyes:

ByTheWay:
    Great car/track combi ;)

LB-IntHist.png

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What TT is useful for:

- Compete for the top or whatever place you can get
    - Download other people's ghosts and learn from them so you can become faster step by step
    - Download setups from many other drivers with different styles and pick one that suits you, get ideas about creating your own etc
    - Get an idea on what lap times are possible for a given car/track, while preparing for a league race or for any other reason
    - Check which cars are faster and more appropriate for a given track from a car class
    - Have fun, some people are having a lot of fun in TT, the amount of registered laps already in some combos proves that.

For me, the most important thing about TT is that it helps me to get faster. I have spent 100s of hours chasing other people in this mode, getting faster day by day as I do that. So many times I also thought I am on the absolute limit, until following another ghost made me realize it's possible to go much faster through various sections. In TT you can practice against other people 24/7, you can "race" against aliens or anybody else any time and for as long as you like..

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know, but is there a need for auto-control before starting TT?
    IMO, it would be much better without any auto-pilot, just sit down and start....

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your opinion about TT notwithstanding, there is a not-insignificant difference between practice and TT which may explain your frustration.

In practice you are building up the temps and pressures of the tires and brakes from cold, so whatever the natural setup of the car is (camber, pressure etc.), there will be consistency as you warm the car up.

TT is the opposite. The tire temps are optimal (warm) across the tire, pressures are equalized in an (arguably) fictitious way and the brakes are heated evenly regardless of ducting, so the natural setup of the car will be more of a "transition" than a buildup.

Combine this with the fact that practice is a green track and TT is rubbered in.

If you wish, I suggest trying to compare TT to practice, not on lap one, but say lap four. The car in both cases will be in its natural state by they time for both sessions, leaving only the grip levels of the track as the difference.

6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not big into TT however occasionally I give it a go for fun.. My three GT1 times from Bathurst (see quote) are still not touchable except for the Porsche. I tested twice with the default setup and on the first lap I was low 56's so with some time and a small teak I am sure I can better my previous 55.9. The car feels more settled in the entry to low speed corners like Hell & Murrays corner.

The Mercedes and McLaren are nowhere near my previous times.. I'm not stressed just thought I'd let you know.. It would be interesting for you guys to SQL your data and see if any existing WR's have been beaten since 1.1.1..

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just noticed that Driving assist are allowed in time trial, and they give me a big advantage (So I'm probably not as good as i thought)
    So even after clearing the database we don't know the "value" of the Times recorded in Time-Trial
    It would be nice if enabling Driving Assist would give some power of weight penalty,
    But it must at least be indicated in the database, perhaps with a different color or icon.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Coanda

Yeah agree it should say this on the Ui..

Another problem hanging around is each car can adjust the ARB's via cockpit. This needs to be disabled for most vehicles. I'm sure record hunters would be exploiting this too..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

You can use what's available within the parameters of the real world counterpart.
    Everyone is in the same boat, if your not using/don't want to use the tools at your disposal then that's your personal choice.
    But then don't complain about it...
    Yes maybe they could add Assists used and Date Set, but when do you stop.
    I like using default setups, but I don't make excuses when I get beaten by someone who tuned the car.
    You'd be surprised that the very top guys could probably find the exact same time using no assists over a flying lap.
    Consistency is all you gain in my opinion.
    But again if you keep driving with certain settings you'll soon get that as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Coanda

who is this directed at..?

11. SaxOhare

I don't think the assist provided by the "Driving Assists Allowed" Full setting don't have a real world counterpart. To get the real world settings it has to be on Authentic, I believe?
    I tried the stability Assist on the Formula Classic Gen1, I don't believe this car has stability control in real world, still I could go faster with it enabled. Perhaps it is a placebo effect?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coanda

Exactly. Non authentic and on the fly ARB adjustment for most vehicles is not real world. Ridiculous statement. I don't care what any aids people want to use. Just tell me on the Ui which drivers are using Authentic driving aids and which ones are not..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Yeah a version number or just a date next to the time is really all that is needed I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

Agreed with a version number being superior from the players' side to a full reset. If it is impossible to determine the version that was in use when previous laps were set, the developers could mark all laps set prior to the next release as "<= V1.1.2.1".

If this is still too difficult, you can omit version numbers entirely but give players a binary filter: one setting allows us to see "all laps", while the other allows us to see only laps set with the "current build." This might have the added benefit of motivating players to spend more time on the TT boards, as with each new build there will be a new #1 spot to chase.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure guys you can really enable assists in TT? I did set for example ABS to Full in the options while in TT in cars that do not have ABS, but when I tried to brake I definitely did not have ABS. I think TT simply ignores the settings for assists not really available in the car. At least this was definitely working like that in PCARS2 and from my experience, it's the same in AMS2. Unless you guys have some exact steps to follow to reproduce this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaxOhare

No I'm not, And my doubts only grow after testing the Ultima with all drive assist on, I did not notice much of it.Maybe a placebo effect after all.
    A little more clarity is welcome

• Like Like x 1
  17. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I've never tried using the assists, I just leave on authentic, so hopefully it works as it says on the tin otherwise there could be an issue.
    Then showing what was used would be a good option to have.
    Maybe a list of world/freinds/car/class and even hard-core mode no assists could be fun.

18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I tried with assist on in the Group C Porsche(the 3: stability, ABS and ??) - and my laptimes was slower.
    It could be placebo but the handling felt slightly different - more sluggish/delayed.
    But as said above the car had NOT ABS - but it felt like the brake pressure was just turned down.:rolleyes:

19. Coanda

Tonight update dramatically changed the CLK-LM GT1 and possibly the other two GT1's. On a test day (non TT) on my second lap I went straight to a 55.2 at Bathurst. 54's will be easy in TT mode. That would easily beat my previous TT WR by a couple of seconds and is also a lot faster than when this vehicle went slower a couple of updates a go. I know you are resetting the the leader boards. I just thought I would let you know the impact of the grip change. I wonder what the Porsche can do. 49's?!? :eek::D

20. Coanda

I just tested TT mode. There was also a performance increase as I quickly beat my WR by 7 tenths however when driving a Test Day it had a lot more grip and was about 1 second faster again. I thought TT would offer the maximum grip performance.

Either way it is quicker. The last build I could not touch my previous WR by 1+ seconds and now it can be beaten by 1 second.