1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Time Trial Report Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2021.

1. IamDom.

IamDom. Member

Unable to add a ghost to Montreal track using formula ultimate.

Not sure whether the issue affects other tracks will list as I try them.

Doesn't resolve itself after a restart.

2. Dirk Muessener

Dirk Muessener New Member

Will the time-trial leaderboard/downloadable setups whiped out as they are pretty useless now?

3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Yes. It is planned for this month.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Uani

Uani Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

I copy my findings from the "Automobilista 2 - Help & Support" category to here:

• provide a game version number with each leaderboard entry, allow multiple entries per leaderboard by 1 user as long as every version number is different from another, provide a filter to filter >=,<=, == a version number (verify version numbers on backend by comparing to current version number released)
    • before i start a session, the "friends" tab shows me at position somewhere around 520 and a friend of mine at around 300 using a different car to mine.
      After the session i am shown at around 250 and my friend at around 800 using the same car.
      I can imagine that after a session the friends tab always shows the same car filter rather than the same class filter (toggling them doesn't change anything (it even doesn't change anything before the session if i remember correctly)).
      Nordschleife GT3
    • on the loading screen the best same car time of my friend is shown without indicating the car I think or that this is the same car time. When coming from before the first session start and having seen that friends (other car) best time I until now wondered about the discrepancy.
    • my car can take damage during time trial although i have disabled damage in the settings.
      I can understand this from an attempt to prevent too low times due to possibe loopholes, but doesn't a crash come with a "time deleted" notice anyway?
      GT3 McL Nordschleife.
      (if i wouldn't take damage i think i would have tried to use the remaining lap for getting to know possible cornering speeds better)
    • please keep session times across restarts of a session (best splits, last times, possible best time in the lower left corner).
      The best reference time for the delta-indication currently IS kept.
    • please provide a way to store the replay of the best lap of sessions run. Perhaps even retroactively from ones ghost car.
    • Add indicators to setup parameters irrelevant for time trial when changing setup during time trial such as fuel amount.

5. Uani

btw.: if the hindrance to a game version (filter) is the (adaptibility) of the ui, i have an idea: knowing creating uis in a game engine can be difficult and taking long time, you could create a server-like application which acts on a protocol (you would register in Windows) and takes a url encoded JSON which contains all information to start an appropriate game session. This way uis can be created as a (local) website. I have the impression, many people can help with a web ui, including i.

6. Uani

here a quick draft of a way i would present some parts of the ui:

Automobilista 2 user interface

screenshots from the screenshot thread

(might not work in non Chrome browsers :seenoevil:)

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the TimeTrial database cleared and is setting a new time disabled at the moment?

8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. SaxOhare

I am unable to load my TT record ghost,

Laptime is 1:22.039
    20220103153752_1.jpg

But it loads as a lap with laptime 1:22.318
    20220103153816_1.jpg

Can we please have the best session laptime as a ghost and not the best stint,
    I thought i could solve this short coming by loading my best lap, but like you can see, That isn't a solution also
    I want to improve my best laptime, I don't feel the urge to beat my best stint time

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. SaxOhare

I like It as It is now, In many cars the 3th or 4th lap is the quickest.
    Not resetting the temps give me the possibility to drive the cars in a condition I like,
    And I think it makes it all a bit more strategic, when do I want to burn tires or when do I use my boost and how do I put it back on, save it one lap use it another..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lukas2121

Lukas2121 New Member

I've found some irregular times on the Laguna Seca leaderboards all driven by the same user, in the GT4, Porsche Cup, Stock Car 2020 and the Mitsubishi class. I initially found the GT4 time when trying to find comparable classes to the Mini Challenge, so looked through the rest of the leaderboards for this track.

I was able to load the ghosts for these records and they appear to have significantly more straight line speed than normal. I can't tell for sure if they seem to have more grip as they were struggling with the stock car, which is the only car I could keep close enough by T1 to see how they handled corners.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I you think there is some kind of cheating involved then report it.
    But you got to have some kind of documentation to base such a suspicion on.
    A few times I have had the same suspicion (just in Raceroom).
    A ghost was just running much faster than me on a straight line.
    But when I then practiced a lot and learned to get faster on the throttle exitting the corner before the straight I ended up with a better time than the guy I was ready to pick out as a cheater :D

ByTheWay: Not to be misunderstood then Im 100% sure the guy in the "in the GT4, Porsche Cup, Stock Car 2020 and the Mitsubishi class" you are refering to is not me. :D
    Because Im more or less only driving F-Reiza and the new Carts.
    But otherwise based on the speed it could have been me :D:D:D

13. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

It's @BrunoB!!! He's been sandbagging on the AMS2 TT boards and now showing his real pace the beast.:p

But seriously, send a PM to a member of the Reiza staff. It's not me that's for sure as Nemesis and other quick little swines always beat my times with ease :eek:. Anyway if i do more than 3 laps in a row it sends my OCD into overdrive...

Edit:sorry for the attached file ignore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Lukas2121

Lukas2121 New Member

Apologies, I should have included the times they had recorded in my post. Thankfully on the GT4 and Porsche Cup leaderboards there are some recognisable drivers I think we can agree aren't 7-8 seconds off pace. Also for comparison the best GT3 time (by Nemesis) is a 01:20.7.

lspcup.png lsgt4.png lsmitsu.png

The Stock Car time is a 01:26 with only 4 or 5 people on the leaderboard, and to be fair if one of the faster drivers here had a crack at it, I imagine they may be able to match the time, but even with their superior driving I don't think they'll match the speed on the straights.

I'm not under any illusion of being one of the fastest drivers here, but I believe I'm competent enough that I can recognise when something is a "skill issue" or if there is something else going on. :)

Hopefully I've inserted the images correctly, it's been a while. :D

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

He's definitely at it, it's quite worrying really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

He destroys the records even with a gamepad. Either a wizard or a cheater. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe you evil man :D

Conserning @Lukas2121 then I consider it pretty obvious that something "strange" is on the table here.
    This guy is not just slightly faster - but "unrealistic" faster(IMO).
    The only thing that could make his laptimes "legal" is if the other drivers on the LB are completely "casual drivers" who have just completed 1 or 2 laps without knowing the track.
    Eventhough this "explanation" sounds a bit off then I have a few times on a very low populated LB seen the next drivers after I have made a sudden impact with my favorite car(!) being 10-15 sec slower on a track.:p
    But to repeat myself I guess something is wrong here and to not demotivate legal drivers Reiza should do something ASAP :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SaxOhare

Can you still meet the times that were possible before the update in the F-Classic G1?
    I can't, maybe I unlearned it, maybe the cars have slowed down

19. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

I think there's more to this than meets the eye, he obviously wants people to notice, that's why the times are so unrealistic, the user name is a bit thought provoking too, ' Hollywood ' is he putting on a show ?

20. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

I can't

To be fair there were times in the gen 1's history where it was like driving a modern f1, you had none of the turbo problems but all of the power so you could set some super fast times. I think the car is a lot better now, it's a lot more difficult to lay all of the power down, that's how it should be.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2