Offline Multi-class Custom Championship?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by chesisab, Jun 11, 2022.

1. chesisab

chesisab New Member

Hi all,

Recently discovered AMS.

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a custom multi-class championship where I can select the classes/cars I want to participate using the Custom Season Tool?

And if it is possible to do so, how well does it work in the following areas:
    1. Does it give points/separate standings based on class?
    2. How well does the AI deal with lapped traffic?
    3. Is it possible to go further and specify which cars you want in the championship and not just which classes?

Thanks

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The final selection of your own vehicle and the opponents is done inside the game when you first start the championship. The series selection in the season tool limits which will be avilable to choose from for both on the game side. The steps may seem a little counter intuitive if you're not aware of how series are structured in the engine the game runs on but the steps below should get you what you need.

In the season tool choose the All Cars & Tracks class when you make your championship. Launch the game and select the All Cars & Tracks class then enter championship mode. You should see your chmpionship listed as available to start.

After selecting your own vehicle in the next screen you will be presented with a screen where you can manage the more detailed session setup and the opponents you want to include in the season in the same way you would for a single race.

Click any classes you wish to include and set the total number of drivers. Be sure to scroll all the way down the list as some default classes will usually have been included automatically that you wish to remove.

If you want finer control, check the Set Quantity option and each class will get a number input alongside it where you can set the specific amount of each.

regarding the later points,

1) I don't recall off the top of my head I'm afraid.
    2) There was work done to help them pass on straights and to stop them getting stuck behind slower cars though again I don't have any recent experience and my memory is hazy.
    3) If you can't get enough control from the steps outlined above the next step would be to do a little light modding and create your own series file including just the cars you want to include. Examples can be founf in the 'Series' directory of the install directory. You may find some additional documentation on that if you look for skinpack/modding guides online.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. chesisab

chesisab New Member

Thanks Dave. That is a bit counter intuitive but this has been really helpful. Appreciate your help.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ClarenceBrown

ClarenceBrown New Member

Thanks for the info.