1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onboards: AMS2 vs. Real Life

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by CrimsonEminence, May 5, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just putting this here for no particular reason. :whistle:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Soon.

FIRM BRAKE!!

For more info on this car link #92

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These look interesting...:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Billy Blaze

Busting out the old GT3's @ Spa meme. This is my third comparison to one of driver Ben Green's laps. Check out his channel here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAeZUVI63-dbuWJV8_LxJKw
    He has posted laps with 4 or 5 cars that are in AMS2, and you can see his videos in their full-screen glory. Nifty driver.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That engine starter intro is on point man :D

P.S. imagine the fear of the Caterhams driver :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Billy Blaze

The Stock Car comes through, big time! The best starter sound in AMS 2!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@steelreserv already posted it in the audio thread.

It's restricted to slightly lower revs and seems not to have full possible acceleration, i would almost say, but it's a good onboard:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Billy Blaze

Who remembers the good old IROC days?

• Like Like x 5
  9. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

Just in case has not been posted...

• Like Like x 4
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lovely video - but that door would not pass Reiza's quality control. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Another great track to add to the Wish-list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Billy Blaze

I think the real question with this car is, what's the simulation value of the duct tape?:D

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. EF_Neo1st

EF_Neo1st New Member

Not the same time of the day and track conditions, also I used different ways for driving the car but the time was similar and all the fighting when using more of the car seem like the real car.

I dont have a Porsche in real life, but it seem a great work there Reiza, the car is a beast to tame and when abusing more of the revs it really shows how much of a beast it is to tame and very fun to drive too (and me driving kind of the same way as him on the real life video I did like 2s slower on valid lap, I would like to make a better comparison with same driving style but I would need to practice more to be able to drive as fast like that, I try to go smoother with the car for how I am used to drive everything).

• Like Like x 6
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Beast
    Yes I recall so many regular news items for 911 deaths in the day (stats hidden for years now) the car is not known as widowmaker for no reason.
    This version is rather great out the box warm track/tyres. All historic tracks. 1st is too short imo for an easier drive. winter in rain esp, well, light foot req and fast reactions. few tweeks, nice. when its competitors arrive in game there will be some great races inc at Historic Spa etc.

15. Billy Blaze

• Like Like x 4
  16. Erik Geelhuijzen

Erik Geelhuijzen Member AMS2 Club Member

Tra
    Maybe it's just me with high expectations. Maybe even with surreal expectations. But wouldn't it be perfect if the hand motion on the steering wheel would perfectly match between the two as proof that the sim of all Sims is finally upon is? Or have I have my hopes up too high, too unrealistic?

17. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Billy Blaze I really like your comparison videos. Now it looks like the AMS2 version has much more understeer. But that is not why I am writing.
    I think you said you love to do this as a hobby.
    Now when I look at videos of AMS2 it always feels like it is a car driving on big balloons and I hate that.
    But I don't know if it is the physics or the view or both.
    So I am wondering if you have an effects program (like after-effects or so) where you can change your video?
    If you look at the real video you see that the camera is tilted a bit and with AMS2 not. I don't know if you can change that (In PC3 it is possible)?
    But the most interesting is the very high frequency oscillations of the camera in the real video. And it would be very interesting to see if you could replicate that in after effects or so.
    Because when I look at AMS2 they most of the time have these large frequency oscillations more like you are on a ship. And I think it would be much better with these high oscillations with much less of these large frequency oscillations. I think it would be much more realistic and it would be interesting to see. Because if it would be a success they could implement that in the sim. I think it would make a big difference. I think it would make the car feel much more grounded to the tarmac.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. Billy Blaze

First off, thanks for your comment. I'm not really sure how to respond to everything you wrote, but I'll try. Making the videos is not a hobby, it's an outlet for my strong creative drive - simracing is my hobby. I might get bored making the videos next month and move on to something else, but I'll never stop simracing. I want to point out to everyone, that using the comparison videos to compare handling is not a valid exercise. I have no idea what his fuel and tire state are ( mine were semi-warm), he's on modern radials and I'm on 1974 bias-plys. His car is rebuilt possibly with weight-saving or otherwise improved parts. The purpose of the comparison vids is to show the accuracy of the track, and that the car hits all the marks - which it does understeering or not. Plus they're just fun to watch. I use Power Director 19 to make my videos - I only have access to what's in there. If someone knows how to make the camera tilt , let me know - it would come in handy. As far as high speed oscillations, you'd probably need to talk to Reiza about that. Again I thank you for your comments.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Yeah I like your comparison videos a lot. Also thanks for responding.
    I thought that making videos and such was a hobby of you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    15 years ago or maybe more I also learned about 3D graphics but also after-effects and manipulating videos.
    Maybe I should install it again and try to do it myself. I think it would be interesting to create high-frequency oscilations with noise to make it less uniform and then crop it so the edges don't move. It would be interesting to see what effect it would have on the perception of the rooting of the car to the tarmac and also the realism.
    If it would be a success the developers could look at it and implement it in the sim instead of only the low-frequency oscillations of the camera.

• Like Like x 2