1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OpenComposite OpenXR

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by NuScorpii, May 15, 2022.

1. martin mcclsokey

martin mcclsokey New Member

Hi mike tyvm for reply no its not the overlay,,,its crew chief and simhub they just dont seem to run when with openxr at all when i start ams2,,,do i need to start in proper sequence or maybe change root directory ?

2. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You'll need to be a bit more specific. What do you mean by 'don't seem to run'. They don't start? They start but don't react to what's going on in the game? Both bits of software have log files - what, if any errors are they reporting? I don't have any issues running either.

3. martin mcclsokey

Hi again mike ty so much for help ...yes i mean they dont start at all...i run them before i start steam up ,when i use steam vr they run nps when i start up ams2 ,,,but since ive switched to openxr they simple dont work,,,,they are open ok and look normal but seems game is just not running them.

4. MickT

Have a read through the crew chief log messages to see if it gives you any clues.
    When AMS2 starts you should get a couple of lines like this:
    09:37:12.530 : Initialising...
    09:37:12.531 : Initialised ams2 shared memory
    And when you start a session, you should see this, along with lots of other messages:
    09:39:03.516 : Spotter enabled: True

5. martin mcclsokey

Mike i owe you a beer man ,,its was a stupid mistake by me, but if it wasnt for you i would never have got it fixed ,,,i looked at the logs it was the shared memory in the options in game which had reverted back from pc2,,,man tyvm 2 weeks of grinding and it was an easy fix thanks to you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. T1mko

T1mko New Member

7. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

8. MickT

9. Champrt78

Champrt78 Member

Anyone recommend settings for Nvidia control panel? Trying to get as many fps as I can out of my 3080 and G2.

Or some good ffr settings other than the ones mentioned on the first page?

10. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for this thread: Using the info here, I was able to get AMS2 looking and performing the best it ever has! Seriously an incredible improvement. The game is such a joy visually in VR. Now if only nighttime performance could be improved by fixing the headlight FPS drop issue…

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chip

I will say that we desperately need a motion compensation solution in OpenComposite/OpenXR....I can't use my motion rig without it, but the quality is so good visually and performance wise that I've turned off my motion rig until a motion compensation solution is implemented. I just wish I could have motion with the glorious improvements that OC+OpenXR have provided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mbucchia

mbucchia New Member

I've been helping a developer with motion compensation implementation for OpenXR, and he's got something working (in alpha stage). It's motion controller only at this time (you need to sacrifice a motion controller and strap it to the rig). This happened in just 3 weeks since we started, and I'm sure it's going to get to a really awesome point soon!

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Chip

That’s fantastic news!!! Thanks for sharing and for your work on the development. My rig is setup for either controller based motion compensation, or virtual tracker using an angle sensor. I think the virtual tracker is a better solution, but I’d be excited with either! I can’t go back to SteamVR at this point that’s for sure haha.

14. DutchFireMan

DutchFireMan New Member

I am using opencomposite but without openxr (varjo aero) and the NLR motion platform V3. And I can still use motion compensation. What setup do you have and why does motion compensation not work for you?

15. mbucchia

mbucchia New Member

If (and only if) you are tech savvy, you can join the OVRMC discord to follow development and beta test. It's still very crude hence only for people with decent tech understanding.

Re: NLR, is the only vendor AFAIK to have native support for OpenXR, as DutchFireMan mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. handz

handz New Member

Hi guys. Please could someone help me
    My head tracking is all wierd using openxr. It will work normally for a few seconds then it's like my position in the car slides all over the place. Tried clearing environment data but that don't help

Hp reverb wmr 3090

Tracking is fine when using steam vr.
    Thanks guys

EDIT.. seems to be ok now must of been just one of them ones

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  17. Chip

I have an SFX-100 motion platform, so I don't believe NLR plugin will work given it's designed only for their products. If you've heard of others using the software successfully with other motion systems, please let me know!

18. hb22

hb22 Member

[Deleted while I investigate further]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  19. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

I fired up AMS2 last night after a few months off. FPS was terrible. 60s'-70s'. AMS 2 always ran easily so I spent the next few hours tweaking Openxr toolkit ect. Tried all the FSR and FFR settings and wasn't getting anywhere. Didn't mess with AMS2 setting as I've been over them so many times. Finally watched a youtube video and tried Openxr Tools for WMR. I set Custom Render scale to 125% and put motion reproduction to always on. Boom. solid 90fps..

20. Jason Schofield

Jason Schofield New Member

Well tonight I fire up Brands Hatch with a DTM and only getting 45fps. I switch render scale to 50% and motion repo to off and get mid 80s' and it looks decent.. so strange. btw.. last night was Porche 911 74' and Taruma'.