1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other games: Codemasters new owner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrunoB, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone at Reiza talked about how this will effect them for future games? Are they good to keep using Madness engine, or will they be back off engine shopping soon?

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

My own personal oppinion about the Madness engine at least if assess it based on how Reiza have got some of the cars to behave is that physics and TM wise the Madness engine have more potiential than any other racing game engine I know of - like iRacing, rF2 and ACC.
    Its my personal oppinion - but as example the way the F-Reiza does behave I cannot find any other virtual formula car in other games that are on the same level.
    And gives me so much challenging fun;)

ByTheWay: Graphics wise and PC resource wise Im also very satisfied even on my ancient system:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. RDG

RDG Active Member

I don’t think any racing sim uses the engine’s physics core. I know ACC doesn’t use UE4’s physics for one and I doubt Reiza uses the madness physics aside maybe for some basic stuff.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

UE4 is a multipurpose game engine so you can apply your own physics to it...
    Madness engine was built with racing Sims in mind so it has built-in physics engine already and Reiza is fine tuning it and putting some of AMS1 magic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you might alter that opinion if you dig into the available information a bit deeper.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

One of the reasons I suddenly have "seen the light" conserning the potiential in this Mad engine is that beside the cockpit feeling of the in-car physics then watching the replay (instant replay in TT mode) of the same sequence in outside view ("public view") shows all the tiny hectic sidesteps of the car driving on the edge of adhesion.
    Because as example watching RL F1 cars while they are close to use the available grip up in a corner shows exactly the same tiny sidesteps of the tires.
    And as said I have never both felt and seen this in ANY of the other racing sims.;)

And as a further tiny input to this bouncing discussion then the tires in RL dont begin sliding as a smooth sideways movement when the adhesion/grip is used up. It happens exactly with such small hectic steps.

ByTheWay: It looks like the guys responsible for creating the Madness engine was mad in a good way.:p

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nats

Nats Member

I hate to see these large firms swallowing up all the smaller ones, less choice for gamers. I loved an old EA game called F1 Challenge 99-02, one of the best racing games I ever had. But EA shouldnt be so greedy, let the smaller companies exist. They obviously have no interest in gaming just profits.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

EA at the end of last milennia was actually pretty decent, apart from the mentioned F1 Challenge title there was the best NFS released ever: Porsche 2000. It was such a good game. Now it's all about loot boxes and pay to win schemes...

Those were the times...