1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCars2 still more popular!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Supa, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

upload_2021-12-16_21-40-51.gif

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Casual games have always more players, that's not worth any news.

ArmA 3, for example, still peaks around 25,963 players but nevertheless, only a handfull of Multiplayer servers reach a max player count. most official servers are simple empty.

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the point is???

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

o_O

• Like Like x 1
  7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry, i'll jump back in the cockpit soon, this will make +1 for AMS2 :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The sim community hates on PC2 but normal people really like it. PC3 would have probably been successful if SMS kept the same formula (and a majority of content) from PC2 and added the PC3 changes (tuning, multiplayer changes, gamepad) along with some features that Reiza added to AMS2 that have been long-requested (per-car ffb, custom championships, customizable AI).

There's nothing quite like PC2. AMS2 will get there but it will take more time (the amount of content in PC2 is really incredible). I hear it from people at work a lot, they are looking for something more realistic when they take a break from the Forza Horizon series and PC2 is the only option (for consoles at least). They don't even consider PC3 lol (my guess is other Horizon players recommend PC2 over PC3).

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Ams2 will get there"? It's got there and slapped pc2 in the face with a wet fish.
    I loved pc2 at the time as the vr was great, but ams2 is just in another league completely.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. TronLi

Totally lol. I just meant content specifically. 2022 is going to be Reiza's year.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I agree but, not everyone is a fan of "the other league". ;)

The only reason I keep Pcars installed (for now) is for the RallyX portion of the title. Even then, the cars need drastic setup alterations to drive decent but, still good fun.

12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Probably one of the reasons AMS2 isn't more known and popular among the masses is the lack of marketing and advertising. Even here in Brazil I often talk to people who have heard of games such as Project CARS, Forza, Gran Turismo, F1 series, and such, but have never heard of AMS2. Obviously that marketing part is more difficult without a big publisher with lots of money behind it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

I really love AMS2, but I play more PC2 than AMS2: some of new FFB like PopsRacerFFB really change the sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well ok, I'll get my coat.

15. VFX Pro

If we all go into steam and write a positive review, AMS2 will jump to an "extremely positive" and will be featured a lot more, thus people will discover it, thus helping with the marketing.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

This, 1000 times

Always wondering if people bashing PC2 actually played it seriously and with a custom FFB little effort to put in that transforms the Game into proper sim

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

pC2 plays well... but the undeniable truth is that once you truly feel and experience the fixed driveline and differential in AMS2, pC2 feels like a dog of a game in the handling. The gems it has are still fun to drive but I cannot get anymore rid of the nagging thought of the driveline.

Also screw that game's track limits and warning/penalty system. It is singlehandedly responsible for me quite literally quitting it in a fit of rage during a league finale.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. TronLi

I agree with the annoying PC2 issues but on a friend's suggestion (he went to a winter rally school and feels that PC2 nails winter physics, with snow tires in AWD at least) I reinstalled it to drive the Nordschliefe in the snow with the Evo VI...it's good fun (that isn't too popular, judging by the low amount of YT videos available). The ice tires make it too easy, use the snow tires for the realistic challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

PC2 is a lot of fun and the custom FFB is transformative for the good cars, but there are too many nagging problems that will never get fixed since the developers have moved on. The Group C cars and a few others are excellent, but some are so bad that they don't even drive like cars when using a stock setup. For example, the Group 5 BMW and Capri drive well, but the IMSA GTX Datsun feels like some kind of boat with terrible engine sounds.

The aforementioned track limits are a frustrating joke. Trying to figure out where you can actually place the car in time trials is half the battle.

AMS 2 has the advantage in that it should only get better from here on out. PC2 is as good as its going to be except for minor improvements in custom FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. VFX Pro

As initially discussed, when AMS2 releases their rally/supertruck "dirt pack" DLC stuff from AMS1...it will be mind-blowing. Might never have to use iracing again! :)

• Like Like x 1