1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People's impressions of the "Sprint Cars" - no grip in 1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BazzaLB, Jan 4, 2022.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

FWIW, I agree. The level of constant slip / scrub in this car now seems over the top. I managed to reduce it so my tires didn't become just pure grease by the end of the race (even though the tire widget seemed to show them as fine), and I do find them fun to manage throughout the race.. but...they do seem "over the top" slippery. Feel more like road tires than slicks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ALOT of the cars in the game need to have the base setups overhauled.
    The formula Vee is a excellent example..the balance and handling is terrible and feels like the springs and dampers were replaced with mattress springs.
    I read a rumor in a RD thread that Reiza has hired a community member to overhaul the base tunes?
    If so, hopefully that will fix alot of the handling issues.

3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

@steelreserv confirmed in the video below he's working on default setups:

• Like Like x 2
  4. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The FVee just has an absolutely atrocious suspension geometry and no setup will change that. I don't think the suspension model has been changed since release either. You just need to learn to drive the car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kurupt CDN

Thanks for the feedback, atrocious is a good way of putting it lol

I did a quick test using the Vee @ Laguna seca in iracing, rf2 and AMS2 and was absolutely shocked how bad the Vee handled in AMS2 compared to the other 2.
    I had to completely change my driving style in AMS2 and found the only way to get within 2 seconds of my pb in the other two titles was to huck it into the corners and power slide through.

Hopefully Reiza will overhaul that vehicle in a future update as it is a great beginner open wheeler that makes for good close racing.

6. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

As far as I’m aware these cars have completely different specs, which reflect different f-vee series. They aren’t supposed to have the same handling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2's FVee is modelled on the Brazilian version of the car, which is notoriously spin-worthy.

8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

The Vee is something i used to hate, but in recent few updates it’s slowly become one of my favourite cars to race with.
    it’s very predictable in its behaviour now , and simply requires a technique that accounts for it being a small little car with beach buggy suspension, it’s never going to be like a formula ford or anything.
    it takes getting used too but i wouldn’t want it to change much if at all.
    Brake early, don’t downshift early as the rear will lock and manage the throttle to avoid wheel spin while in a lean.
    It’s great fun .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Vee has always been tricky to drive. The 2nd gear is useless and you need to learn to use throttle and brake simultaneously to stabilise the car on corner entry. If you try to drive it like a GT3 car and coast through corners, you're gonna have a bad time. Also start with a flat circuit and avoid places like VIR or Velo Citta at first. Going over crests while cornering is just murder with the swing axle rear suspension.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Vee is a 3rd and 4th gear car. Just like F-Trucks are a 3 4 5 6-car. You don't use the first gear. They still need to disable that, and the second gear is to roll the truck.

11. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no more boring car than the VEE in Iracing, so I don't know if the one we have in AMS2 is right, but I like it, and please don't make it look like the one in Iracing.

I tested Iracing's VEE at Watkins Glens, I never have to brake, everything goes full throttle, it's really boring.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kurupt CDN

Any car that slow on that track wouldnt require much braking...and yes it's a boring car hence why it's a free rookie.....tho it still makes for good pack racing.

So I looked into all 3 of reiza's formula Vee renditions and they are all slightly different...ams, AMS2 & rf2 with varying HP and torque

Not sure if I'm on to something or not but found cars to handle drastically different with changing the ffb.
    I have a TM TX...my first test in the vee I had boost mode off in the TM Profile and the Vee was an unbalanced mess.
    With boost on the Vee was glued to the ground with very little wobbling that I experienced before under braking.
    Not as planted as the formula trainer but a night and day difference.

Not sure I like the heaviness of the wheel with boost enabled but it makes the cars much easier to handle.

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I tried the iracing Vee, and it’s absolutely horrible, it’s got no life to it, and has far to much grip until the moment it’s got none.
    Expecting a little car with low grip tyres to take the turns at Watkins glen at 180kph without much braking isn’t realistic.

• Like Like x 1