Performance Suffering Heavily on Very Capable PC

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by spyshagg, Apr 5, 2016.

1. spyshagg

spyshagg New Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand, thanks :)

As Keith Windsor stated above, his 7950 3Gb is running everything maxed (shadows on medium) above 80 fps with 26 cars on interlagos.

with my Pc with the same settings, the best i've seen on the starting grid was ~40fps. My card is a 290X

cheers

2. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But I must clarify, my AA is also lower - I run it at 2x or 4x,
    PLUS I have SweetFX off in the config menu, not sure how much that affects fps but I just feel it runs smoother without it.

(and In AMD control centre, I have supersampling OFF).

Shadows and supersampling make the biggest difference for me.

3. keith windsor

The other thought that occurs to me is that it can vary greatly depending on the cars you use. I mainly use the Formula Classics, which seem to run very well, but I have seen others mention they get big framerate hits with certain cars, don't know if that might be a factor for you?

4. keith windsor

And another thought. In my desktop, I right click on the radeon icon and in Graphics profile' I select 'optimize performance'. It might reduce the textures from outside the game, not sure, but it does raise the framerates in most games, so I always set it at that.