1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pimax parallèl projection

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Kaneda06, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please see the rFactor2 links in my post 6 posts above!

2. Vaster

Vaster New Member

Any update here?

• Like Like x 1
  3. blanes

blanes Member

Hey guys I also now have made the leap from HP Reverb G2 to the incredible Pimax 8KX. Wow ! It is like the shock of first putting Dk2 on my face back in 2014

Has there been any hope for the solving of Parallel Projection in AMS2 ?

4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I don't have a Pimax, but maybe this is an option

Pimax users: OpenXR is here! (unofficially)

I am running the OpenCompositeXR listed elsewhere on this site by NuScopii (Even though I have a Vive Pro). This converts AMS2 to run OpenXR instead of SteamVR (which then allows you to use the OpenXR toolkit for things like FFR, FSR etc). This has helped my performance quite a bit (Still not running night races though).

The link above is OpenXR written for Pimax by the same guy who wrote the OpenXR Toolkit. I have no idea if it will work, but maybe its worth a shot.

5. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wanted to try Pimax-OpenXR, but when I read the following on the GitHub page you linked to above:
    I'm interpreting that "does not correctly display each eye" means that they haven't gotten PC2 to work because of (lack of) parallel projection support. AMS2 should be in the same category as PC2 in this regard.

Combined with the following fact about OpenComposite for AMS2 by NuScorpii:
    …I didn't want to spend any time trying to get OpenComposite for AMS2 and Pimax-OpenXR to work together, since chances are low that Pimax-OpenXR will work anyway. But it would be awesome if anyone wants to test this and actually gets it to work!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Fair enough, although OpenXR Toolkit 1.1.3 (Latest) is compatible with AMS2 (I'm using it) but I admit I am only using FFR not any FSR/NIS but I think they fixed the menu issues with the latest OpenXR ToolKit. Seems odd as MSFS 2020 does not support parallel projection AFAIK, but people seem to claim it works with MSFS with less side culling.

7. TotallyTroll

TotallyTroll New Member

Some fresh updates from Pimax user. AMS2 just received an v1.5 update.
    OpenXR + OpenComposite works with AMS2, but it does nothing with parallel projection problem.
    So some dev's effort still required. No chance I will play this game, whatever how good/hyped it is, until this problem solved. I can't accept 70 FPS, when I have 144 capped in any other sim-title out there.

8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth, Pimax's Reality series (Crystal and 12k) have significantly less perfomance hit with parallel projection than the older Vision (5k-8k) series. The same goes for the Valve Index - it also has less performance hit with parallel projection than the Pimax Vision series. I can run my Crystal in 50% resolution with the same graphics card (RTX 2070) that I ran my old 5k+ with, thanks to the less extreme parallel projection overhead of the Crystal.

9. blanes

blanes Member

Sure wish Reiza would take a look at this problem, such a Frame Rate Killer !!!