Please BOP the GT3’s at altitude

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by James Lee GTE, Feb 15, 2022.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you are right about this difference to a lower RL spread for these cars then its a joke to say that a narrower or more equal BoP in the sim will be less realistic.;)

ByTheWay: I guess I know how positive people here will react if suddenly Reiza does update the BoP for these cars and the spread after upd are less than now.:whistle:

2. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

@Daniel Goulart Agreed. I don't exactly know what the real difference in pace is, but to me, it seems more than reasonable that a turbocharged car is quicker at altitude. 4 sec is indeed a lot though.

The thing is though, that real-life organizers have a lot of tricks up their sleeve which would be very complex to implement in the sim. Things such as ballast and restrictor plates can only be fairly distributed once you know the real pace of a certain driver, in a certain car, with a certain setup. They have to do this for every race, at the risk of things like sandbagging and setup changes.
    I'm not saying that such a system would be impossible to implement, but it would definitely be very hard.

In general, I would not be a proponent of disabling certain parts of the physics or making the cars behave more like a general GT3 car. AMS has many flaws still, but the thing it does really well is simulating realistic cars, which have a very characteristic feel to them. This means cars differ from each other on a fundamental level, and will therefore have certain advantages and disadvantages at certain tracks. Tweaking this to be more realistic is fine, as (like I said before) 4 sec is a lot, but this should not require disabling physics.

Finally, if you want a race that is exactly equal/fair for all participants, do a spec race. It is the only way to ensure that everyone is on an equal footing and only driving skill matters.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

The Merc GT3 at Ibarra, I can't get above fourth gear and it feels like I'm driving with an elephant in the back seat, its soooo slow and dull.
    Please drive the McLaren at Ibarra for a few laps, then jump in the Merc and then tell me you are over the moon with how the Merc feels to drive and how slow it is. See how your lap times differ between the two cars at that track.
    AMS2 simulate a lot of things amazingly, GT3's are a long long way away from being on that list. Especially when you add in that you can drive their GT3 cars easily with both TC and ABS at zero with heavily degraded tires.
    Your solution to the short comings of the gt3 in this sim is that we should only run spec races and we should not wish or want to simulate the Brazilian Imperio multi manufacturer races in GT3?
    I believe Reiza hold themselves to a far higher standard than that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Oh, so there was a bug / error at altitude for NA and TC cars and it’s now being fixed, Interesting.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

If I read it correctly, they also downscaled the turbo pressure for high barometric pressure tracks in GT3&GT4. So a bugfix and an adjustment?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

More like a per altitude adjustment, possibly dynamic rather than manually by track.