1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to delete the awfull rev limiter sound?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Jul 16, 2021.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Does anybody know if it is possible to get rid of the awfull distorted rev limiter sound in as example the F-Reiza - by deleting the two RevLimiterTC_F_Reiza.bank files?
    Or maybe instead replacing them with empty files.

ByTheWay: Im asking because it looks like these .bank files in some way holds the audio sounds of this disaster.
    GTE BMW Audio and shifting is awful...

RevLimiterAudio.png

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Back it up. Delete it. Start game. Rev the car. Works? Good. No works? No Good.

But it's likely the game will crash upon booting or loading ingame, cause its missing files, so you can try doing the empty file-method.

3. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Whatever they did on the Mclaren 720S, they should do for the rest, it's good. But a lot of the other cars just give me the creeps when I hear those sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrunoB

Yeah you are right.
    Worst things that can happen is that I cant get the game to function again.
    No biggy - because the alternative is to be forced to hear that sound every time the car does hit the limiter. :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: Joking ofcourse. Because the majority of AMS2 users does probably mean I should be gratefull for this autentic Reiza sound:D

5. BrunoB

You are not alone Mistar Peter :p

6. BrunoB

The reason Im slightly hesitant to delete or rename anything is because I dont know if .bank files actually does hold audio content - or if it is anything more crucial:eek:

7. BrunoB

HURRAY!
    That did solve all problems with this sound poo.
    2 empty files and the game does still believe it is forcing poo into my ear channels:p

But thank you guys for all your help - telling me how autentic this limiter sound is/was.:rolleyes:
    And telling me also that its bad taste to criticising Reiza for introducing such realism.:whistle:

ByTheWay: By coincidence I have just completed my mission topping most of Racerooms LBs in the Formel US and the 3x Formel 90V8/10/12:D

RevLimiterAudio-OFF.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. BrunoB

Sorry @Marius H it wasnt aimed at you. Not fully I mean :D

ByTheWay: Just realising how good this is for the few other users who are able to hear ;)

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it's a 2nd language thing or if there just needs to be a wanker emoji, but im sure you can dislike something without insulting the developers and the majority of users while trying to find a solution to your problems or improve the game in a way that you believe to be beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sick of raceroom already then? :whistle::p:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. BrunoB

Yes and no.
    As I said several times when I felt forced to abandon ship because of the AMS2 sound poo and start Raceroom up again - then I consider most things in Raceroom (TT format, menus, load/save of setup files, SOUND, replay system, impact on PC resources, mm and mm) as much better created than in AMS2.;)

But as I consider the most crucial thing in a racing sim being the tire model and car physics - then I have not much problem returning to AMS2 when I now purely by own research have solved AMS2´s sound bug.;)

ByTheWay: Eventhough I dont consider Racerooms TM/physics being on the same level in as in AMS2 then Im again surprised how personal/individual the assessment of this urgent area is.
    Because where I personally dont feel connected to the tarmac in Raceroom at all - then a lot of permanent Raceroom users does point exactly to this as the strong point of their sim.:whistle:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  13. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

I opened the files and emptied them too after backing them up just in case! All worked here, Thx for the tip.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

Yeah terrible of me to thank all the people who have helped me to find a solution after Reiza introduced this bug. But thank you again folks :D

ByTheWay: Its always funny to hear people talk on behalf of some self invented "majority".
    Its often seen by people with kind of inflated personality.;)

15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both of you are demonstrating the following cognitive bias: False consensus effect - Wikipedia
    Back on topic: I'm glad to see that you found a workaround for your issue. Do you have to repeat your workaround whenever there is an update, or will it continue to work as long as the update does not contain any changes to those files?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. BrunoB

Yeah and you dont - right?:p

ByTheWay: But who cares? ;)

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

lol, what...
    and the list goes on and on but you block your posts so would take time to find all your "majority" quotes :p
    But who cares hey :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. BrunoB

Latest conserning this limiter sound bug!
    Deleting/emptying both RevLimiterTC_F_Reiza .banks files is overkill!
    Because its only the RevLimiterTC_F_Reiza_2.bank that include the sound bug.
    And if you delete/empty the RevLimiterTC_F_Reiza.bank too you will (probably) miss some nice sound cues when the limiter cuts in.:eek:

If you unfortunately have deleted the RevLimiterTC_F_Reiza.bank too you can get it back by asking Steam to Verify the integrity of local game files.:cool:

ByTheWay: Yeah I know how gratefull you all are because I supposedly use my time to raise your enjoyment of this game.
    But dont think about it because our great community is worth it - exept maybe a few clowns with some goofy inflated personality.:p

RevLimiterAudio-OFF reduc.png

19. Shobitho

Shobitho New Member

Im late but thank you, I fixed awful sound that is enabled with Track surface, I love the Marble and Kerbs sound, but there's another sound named "WindBuffeting.bank" that drowns other more important sounds.

It worked like a charm, thank you for the tip!