1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premium track pack 6th track speculation/analysis

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JustinCase, Feb 12, 2022.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To me, reading through this thread really highlights how good of a job Reiza did in picking tracks for AMS2. Le Mans seems to be the choice that would disappoint the least amount of people and it provides an opportunity to add more cars too.

Every other track listed is good but would almost fit better in another track pack. You could bundle Zolder, Portimao, Zandvoort, etc. Same with US and Asian tracks.

Le Mans during sunset/sunrise is already great, add in custom AI and we're looking at potential for some of the best sim experiences of all time.

Yes, the GT7 future super AI might drive better but you won't get cool custom grids made by the community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

ARC, Caterham, Formula Ford, Formula Vee, F3, Porsche Cup, GT3, GT4 & V8 Supercars are all cars that have raced at Phillip Island IRL

But, its a seriously wonderful tract for anything with 4 wheels and would be a wonderful addition to AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The huge almost 300 degree corner in front of my pic looks soo simple :D
    Haha but its one of the hardest part of the track to find the exact fastest ideal line through ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Yes it is a difficult turn to get right.
    Fortunately it's also optional:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Oh man - this is a good reality check.
    hehe at least pour moi :D
    Because if I had seen this in a replay from any sim I would have said why cant they just come a bit closer to to reality?
    Because in reality a car tumbling sideways in grass and grable will be braked much more down than this replay shows :p:p:p

ByTheWay: It is at least good for the driver that the car did stay on the wheels - because otherwise ... :whistle:

6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Beside (historic) Fuji, would love to see:
    Buenos Aires, with historic layouts

Mexico City - the historc layouts, the 60s and 90s, the 2020, musn't be!

Surfers Paradis

and yes, there are many, many, many more......

• Like Like x 2
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Surfers Paradise and Mexico are my favorites.

8. Marg

Marg Active Member

Notice how the sun is very low above the horizon during the ending of that race in Surfers Paradise in 1997. There were delays during the race, if I remember correctly, which led to this.

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While I still think the 6th Premium Track DLC is Le Mans (due to hints by Reiza), I noticed the following:

Several of the premium DLC tracks center around the years 1971, 1988, 2001, and 2020.
    For all these 4 years, Zandvoort has had a different layout. :cool:

However, I think more players would buy a DLC for Le Mans than for Zandvoort, so Reiza is probably doing the right thing if they go for Le Mans as the 6th premium track.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I would clearly prerfer Zandvoort! :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Same here!
    Le Mans is quite boring imo (runs and hides)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. TronLi

Monza, Spa and the Nurburgring have no modern equivalents, they are very special in that they are from the Pre-War period and still exist today. So I think it has to be Zandvoort or Paul Ricard. Both are similar in age to Silverstone/Hockenheim and have historic layouts that fit the different generations in AMS2.

Le Mans almost has to be a 2023 DLC (e.g. The Endurance Pack) that will include new classes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I think that Mexico City is still an outside contender for this premium track pack. It also has several different layouts, is closer to home for Reiza, and possesses significant F1 value as well as a usability for many types of cars. It's also a little less used than the other tracks, which might be considered as more of a "unique selling point".

The other highly interesting track of historical value would, of course, be Sebring, but like Le Mans, that one doesn't have any F1 connection past 1960, which, as of now, has not been true for any premium track choice. However, why not do 1975, 1988, 1995 and 2022 Sebring?

• Like Like x 3
  14. TronLi

The recently mentioned Racin' USA Pt.4 screams Sebring and Road Atlanta to me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc Paul Ricard is used in a number of different racing championships, plus the fact that it has multiple layouts including historic ones makes it a good candidate for the 6th premium track imo.
    Le Mans is highly requested and it would be a good candidate if they include Bugatti Circuit, all Maison Blanche Circuit layouts, as well as historic layouts.
    Imo Sebring is more likely to be one of the tracks of Racin' USA pt4 than a premium track.
    Magny-Cours would be an interesting choice imo but I'm not sure if that' s a very popular track among most sim racers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Apex

Apex Active Member

There's some truth to that. I love the historic one in PC2, but the main attraction of that is the general atmosphere and attention to details, and the Steve McQueen factor, but from a pure driving perspective it's actually quite a boring track, even the present day layout. To me historic Spa is much, much more interesting.

17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to guess Sebring, Pocono, and maybe another city course (Miami Bayside?) with a set of 1980's 1990's GTP and GTO machinery. (Basically a historic version of Part 1)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Racer44SM

Racer44SM New Member

I would love to see Le Mans added to AMS2. Would be a good pick for the next premium track. I hope they also include multiple layouts with the GP layout which is a favourite of mine.