Procedural Career app official thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by EverlastingApex, Jul 17, 2023.

1. EverlastingApex

EverlastingApex Procedural Career dev

I have created a career app that is compatible with both Automobilista 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Now I know there's plenty of career apps out there already, how is this one any different? Here are the key points:

You have the ability to create custom AI rivals that will show up in the league. Each rival can be created with unique driving characteristics and will be persistent across seasons. These rivals will be added into your game seamlessly.

You are NOT the main character. Every AI in the league is playing by the same rules you are, fighting for promotions and team offers alongside you.

Each AI is "persistent", meaning that they do not stop existing when you're not looking/racing against them. They have a full career, progression and stats, just like you.

An ELO rating (similar to what you see in competitive games like counter-strike, league of legends, or even chess), for you and all AI drivers in the league.

Easily moddable, if you want to change the way the career is run, you have the ability to change almost everything, such as what cars show up in a class, what "tier" classes are, the length of the races, the length of the seasons, or the tracks you will race on. All of this is also easily shareable.

Built-in multiclass racing support.

This career has no money/sponsors management, no purchasing cars, or anything like that. This is 100% about racing and working your way up. The ONLY currency, is your ELO "Driver rating".

Here's some Q&A for you guys, if you have any other questions let me know. AMA!

Q: How hard is it to install?
    A: No install, it's a simple EXE file, just run it and it does everything, you just need to specify the Assetto Corsa/Automobilista 2 file path.

Q: Who are you and why should I trust you to run an EXE file on my computer?
    A: Some of you may have seen me on Twitch, I'm the guy who runs the AI_RacingTV stream there. I have built an online reputation over the past few years and I'm not willing to throw that away for some stupid joke. Besides, the EXE file does NOT require admin rights.

Q: Can I switch between both games?
    A: You can create a profile for both games, but one driver is locked to one game. So if you create "Bob" to race on Assetto Corsa, Bob is locked to Assetto. But you can create a second profile "Dave" to race on Automobilista 2, and switch between them whenever you like.

Q: How many custom rivals can I create?
    A: As long as you have disk space. Go nuts.

Q: How many rivals do I NEED to create?
    A: As many or as little as you want. Filling out an entire (default setup) career will require ~400 drivers total, but if you run out of custom rivals, generic drivers will be generated to fill things out. Those generic drivers are also persistent and play by the same rules as well. Someone on my Discord has already released a pack of ~1500 real life drivers you can download and add easily.

Q: How big/long can a career be?
    A: It's entirely moddable, the default settings that I'm including will have 8 or 9 "tiers", with multiple divisions each, starting with street cars/cheap race cars, and building up to F1/DPi, but if you feel like modding it, you could create a career mode that goes straight from GT4 to Formula 1 and nothing else, or be a million times longer, entirely up to you.

Q: If someone creates mod cars/tracks, can I add them to my career?
    A: I haven't tried to do this on AMS2 yet, but with Assetto, yes, easily.

Q: Is this a paid app?
    A: Yes, through Patreon, but there's a free trial available, you can essentially get the app for free and keep that version forever.

You can get the app here, available with a free trial: https://www.patreon.com/ProceduralCareer

I would have loved to make this completely free, unfortunately I'm an unemployed/unemployable autistic guy and this is how I earn a living.

I will do my best to answer all the questions/comments posted here, but the best place to reach me, report bugs, or discuss the app is my Discord: Join the EverlastingApex's Server Discord Server!

I STRONGLY recommend watching the tutorial videos that explain how the app works:
    HOW TO USE GUIDE:

HOW TO MOD (Automobilista 2):

For the Reiza devs: Please, please, PLEASE consider adding a "raw" skill value for AI opponents, as I suggested here, I believe this will make the single player experience better in many ways.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. EverlastingApex

Updated for 1.5 support!

• Like Like x 4
  3. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else using this, or have any interesting presets they've configured for it? I've been playing around with it and I think it has a lot of potential.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. EverlastingApex

Updated to version 1.2 (currently in beta only) Now supports yearly special events that are completely independent of any racing series!

As with everything else in this app I have made them to be fully moddable as easily as possible (a simple JSON file edit)

Tutorial video:

I have posted a bunch of custom events to my Discord that you can add into your career and to serve as a demo on how to create events

You can get the app here with a free trial: https://www.patreon.com/ProceduralCareer

Additionally, I have found out that there's a problem with using custom AI XML files for RallyX races. If you set them up without using the Rallycross preset, the AI will ignore the joker lap, but if you do select the rallycross preset, you can't change the number of opponents you will race against, and this could be a problem when using this app, I would love for Reiza to make it possible to adjust the number of opponents while using the preset, or to force the AI to run the joker lap even when not using it

• Like Like x 2
  5. EverlastingApex

1.2 is now fully released and available with a free trial!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. EverlastingApex

Updated to v1.2.1 with support for the new update!

• Like Like x 1