Proposal for Graphic Improvement: Realistic Rearview Mirror View

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Faures, Nov 28, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello, Automobilista 2 community,

I hope everyone is having a great time on the track! I'd like to share an idea that, in my opinion, could significantly enhance our simulation experience, especially for Formula 1 enthusiasts.

Currently, in Automobilista 2, we are fortunate to enjoy an exceptional simulation, but I believe there's a small improvement that could make races even more immersive. I've noticed that the rearview mirror view doesn't always accurately reflect what we would see in reality.

Specifically, taking the example of Formula 1 cars, it would be fantastic to have the option to see our rear wing and wheels in the rearview mirrors. This would add an extra dimension to the simulation, allowing drivers to better understand their position on the track and make more informed decisions in intense racing situations.

Furthermore, why not extend this feature to all the cars available in the game? Imagine being able to see the rear part of our car, as in reality, in the rearview mirrors. This could add an incredible touch of realism to our experience, whether we're driving a Formula 1 car, a touring car, or any other vehicle.

I propose adding an option in the graphics settings that would allow players to choose a "Realistic Rearview Mirror View." This would give everyone the ability to customize their experience according to their preferences, without compromising realism for those who enjoy the pure simulation aspect.

What do you think, fellow drivers? Does this seem like an interesting improvement for Automobilista 2? I'd love to hear your opinions, and perhaps, if it garners enough support, the developers might consider implementing it in a future update.

Let's make our favorite simulation even better together!

Safe travels, everyone!
    Mikoul

• Like Like x 2
  2. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member