1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Specific Setups

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steelreserv, Dec 6, 2020.

1. AdrianSPFC

AdrianSPFC New Member

Hi guys, I love this game but there is a thing to bother me a little. The cars slides too much and it feels unrealistic. I saw a lot people complain about it too. I think its about the game physics. There is a way or trick to adjust the car before race to stops slides too much?

2. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

I think you make a a good point Adrian, to be fair...

Since (I think) 1.5.5.6, the M4 GT3 in particular does slide around a bit too much when compared to before, when it drove like a dream, imo. I've noticed similar handling with a few other cars, too, though, so hopefully it will get back to how it was in another little minor update, if Reiza think the sims needs further adjustments.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Good point :)

4. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

May I ask which car(s) in particular? I don't like slidey as well and if the cars you drive match the cars I drive, you could try my setup....

5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I really don’t have a clue with car setups. But now I asked my best friend ChatGPT for advice and it helps me with all my questions etc. I just tell what track I drive, what car I’m in and tell what I feel when racing laps. Works wonderfully well.
    Just a tip for those who need more help with setups as well. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

I would recommend heavily against that... :oops:

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Probably the wrong thread but I'm looking for a setup(gearing!) for BMW M Hybrid LM low downforce for the Le Mans track. It seems the 5-6-7 gears are too close and I can get it only up to 320/321kmh in 6th/7th

Anybody?

Cheers
    Robin

8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

The two things I changed that made my driving experience a lot more enjoyable in the game was:

a) Change the camera settings to zero movement, and set legacy head movement to Yes.
    b) In cars that seem to "slide", change the clutches count from 6 to 4 or 2 in the setup of a given car. This stopped this weird thing that would mean my car would keep turning when I didn't want it to (key example at the end of the back straight at the hairpin in Barcelona, always used to get me there). This is what I interpret to mean "slidey" when people describe it in AMS2. This made a world of difference, and I personally think 4 should be the default setup, but that's just me.

9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you find a way to make the cars less slidy, make sure to tell Kevin Estre too:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

please, no unrealistic driving videos

• Funny Funny x 4