1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing Life - AMS2 Career Mode Companion App

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ricardo Pombeiro, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It would be nice if we could choose more longers championships : 4 races can seem too short...
    RL is what i wish in career mode. Excellent job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@Ricardo Pombeiro
    Just a minor typo in the achievements page:
    "Ich Liebe Deutschland".
    "liebe" is in this case a verb, not a noun. So "liebe" must be written here not with a capital "L".

Thanks for this great companion app!:)

3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

You start with money and do you pay your crew? I wanted to make something like this a while back. People race with no regard for injury or cost this seems that it cane be done. I would like this with the ability to use in a league format with real people. I just saw this on FB and stumbled upon it here. Maybe Reiza can just buy this from the producer!?

4. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Just add them together?

5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Understood it all and much agree. I'm also always with the politic that games should be the most customizable possible, preferably to the point where there is no right or wrong way to play.

I will do some more fuçada in championship configs and try to find all the options.

Abração!

You can choose between four backgrounds that vary between the starting money and fame... the "RP" in RPG.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving the app with some very good features in terms of progression. I think something that has not been done in a racing sim is a truly dynamic and "living" carrer mode, a la Football manager or hell, even EA Fifa. Living in the sense that all the different championships would keep evolving throught different seasons, AMS2 has a lot of different car classes so it would be cool to have different championships in different categories with dynamic drivers that can rise throught the ranks and reitre along with the user.

I think the game has the tools and the variety to be able to do it, specially since it's pretty straighforward to create custom AI drivers and give them different attributes. Obviously it would need a significant amount of UI adjustments and I dunno if the engine can do simulations of different races on the background. But I feel for a carrer mode to be truly immersive having a "living" world around is a must, else it will just feel like you are just filling a checklist of stuff to do.

I remember being very impresed with Nascar Thunder 2004 when I saw a driver retiring and a new driver fiiling the space, the F1 games do it as well but AMS2 has a lot more freedom to create a motorsport "world".

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What a beautiful app! This is what I needed!
    I started as a Sim racer and have now started the GT World Challenge.
    The app could even be better if UI will be improved. I have already had a number of times that I wanted to enter the race results and therefore clicked on 'Advance'. Unfortunately, the app continued to the next month and I therefore had no results for this race. The UI can be improved by not proceeding to the next month until a result has been entered for the championship you are racing in. If there has not been a race that month there could be a question or comment with a text that points this out to you.
    Another point to improve is that the race setup does not show the date or month of the race. Could you also add this? Now I have to go back and check when the race is while entering the races in the AMS2 custom championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

It might be possible with the PC2 api but its something we havent spent time yet investigating.

I dont get your second question, sorry. Mind to rephrase it =)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Its a trade off for a more casual career. Since progression might take awhile, decided on fewer races. But some championships go up to 10 races per season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Danke Schön =) Will fix this in a future update

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Racing Life will not let you advance the date if you have races registered for that month. It will only advance if you have done all races. What you wrote above should not happen. Feel free to contact me on discord with more details on this, as it would be a bug. But so far i have not seen it.

Will take the second point into consideration for a next update, thanks =)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Maybe you can add both kinds of events and the players will choose what to race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

My second question:
    The heart of your app is registering to a series in the calendar, doing all the races. When you browse the calendar, can you See which series you have completed and what was your final rank? I do not mean the history page, I mean the calendar.
    For example you complete a specific series in March 2022, then you advance to 2023. Can you register to the same series (which would make sense), but can you see at the same time that you already completed this series in a year in the past?

So you can skip this series and register to a series you did not drive in the past.

So after some years you were able to drive each and every series once and then the career is "completed", because you drove all the series the app serves you, but of course only once.

14. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

Oh i see now. No in the Calendar you cannot see it, hence we have implemented the Driver History screen for it.

So the only option you have for it currently is really the Driver History screen. The schedulle is regenerated each year and it will only show the information for that year.

There is not really a "Career Completed" goal in Racing Life.. I mean, lewis hamilton did not ended his career after his first F1 win, if you get what i mean =) Achievements did added a bit more of a "game oriented goal" but at the end of the day i wanted to have a more of a Race Driver simulation experience. Unlike games like project cars, where the career does end, in Racing Life it doesn´t (until you decide to restart everything)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Thanks for fast reply.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Just wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing problems downloading Racing life from Race department ?
    Have been trying for two days now , each time it starts of incredibly slow then fails after 30 mins at around 30mb !
    Have no network problems otherwise and have never had issues downloading mods and stuff from RD before.
    Is there anywhere else I could download from maybe?
    Thanks.

17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Sometimes my anti-virus stops me from uploading to RD... Turning it off whilst I uploaded worked...

18. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Thanks, hadn't considered that . Will give it a go .

19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Have just had a poke around the Racedepartment forums , feel like I need a bath after that !
    Anyway it seems it's a problem for most people , even premium subscribers .
    I could live with the sloooow speed but it's so slow that it won't even complete the download.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ricardo Pombeiro

Ricardo Pombeiro Member

• Like Like x 5