1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radar HUD built into AMS2 to replace existing Proximity Indicator

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Nobkins, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Rober

Rober Member

Hell no. Looks like I'm the only one here but there are already apps for this.
    With the arrows you don't have to think what is left and what is right it's all centered in your car.
    A new widget ok but don't remove functionality please.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

By radar hud do you mean something like what they have in ACC? That's a really useful feature imo.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Exactly that
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I have used SimHub in the past, in various games but I have a problem:
    * using SimHub, the frame rate sticks to Windows frame rate (in my case, 75fps) and ANY game doing differently, say 73fps or 77fps, gets choopy. The monitor variable frame rate goes down the toillet, getting useless.

Am I the only one with that problem?

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Simhub radar I built in my simdash saved me today from a dive. lol. At the 'hairpin' on Curitiba. Some dude thinking he can sneak my left or so while I am taking my apex. Luckily I saw it asap.

6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is a really good radar without Simhub. I also use Simhub but the radar I have there now desktiviert and use the radar of pams2 activated.

pAMS2Spotter
    Here in TT use

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I have the same problem when I put AMS2 in window or borderless mode. My FPS drops and my fans run at 95%. As soon as I switch it back to Fullscreen, FBS and fans return to normal. Not sure what's causing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but ideally there should be a radar in-game. I don't like the idea of downloading extra software and I definitely don't like the idea of having to create a discord account to be able to download it.

9. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not familiar with programming but this extension integrates with AMS2 and does not require any additional software. It uses the means provided by AMS2 itself.

10. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

you can ask a friend to join and give u the link.
    the main reason why i chose to distribute it through discord is, cuz i dont want to force an internet connection onto people, so there is no auto updater.
    and through discord its rather easy to inform all the users with 1 message that there has been an update.
    and as the user you can simply check the update channel to see if something has changed since last time u looked.

ofc an in-engine radar would be the best solution as it can make much more use of the available data than i am. but since we dont have that atm, i think my solution is the best as it also works in fullscreen and openvr, which non of the others do

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For years now all I've been using is crew chief. As soon as I hear clear left or right I know I can turn in. Till then I keep my line. Been working for me great. I suppose VR helps too when side by side but coming into a turn there's little time to look around so I rely on CC spotter.

I should maybe give the radar a go. Although I try to keep HUD to minimal ;)

12. Joaquim Pereira

Not working for me.
    Game crashes when loading the track/cars (still screen, no evolution)

13. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Performance settings | Reiza Studios Forum
    Have this since the october update, for me it had to do with framerates of my monitor, was always at 144 no matter wat settings i used. Found a workaround in the nvidia settings but its not perfect
    Limited the frames to 75fps in manage 3D settings - program settings/automobilista2 then max framespeed to 75 .Most of the times it runs on 70% but sometimes the fans start screaming and when i look in to taskmanager gpu is on 95% .

14. Joaquim Pereira

I see a rush for stupid high monitor frame rates, much higher than necessary for human beings (I guess some of us are in that category ;)). Monitors and GPU main selling points, the market forces...

What I found: most of the time the stutters are related to unmatch ingame fps and monitor refresh, no matter what. The stupid high frame rate just make this less obvious or undetectable.

I have my 3D Nvidia settings to 73fps cap (a bit less than 74.9xxxxxxx Hz, not 75Hz, of the monitor specs). I games in V_Sync mode. This way I can enjoy a very, very smooth experience. If the ingame fps drop (many cars, complex tracks), the monitor's Freesync follows and I get smooth experience until ~50fps.
    With SimHUB, Windows forces ~75fps and the smoothness goes down the toillet.

Not AMS2 related, but in the past I have uncapped games (like 140-160fps) on a 75Hz monitor - that's a really no, no. The image is not smooth and the GPU is working very, very hard. The same hardware produces very smooth ~75fps if game is synched.

15. Joaquim Pereira

Sorry, have NVIDIA to 74Hz.

upload_2022-1-11_13-9-2.png
    upload_2022-1-11_13-9-36.png

16. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I run the same settings with a 3090. I see no reason to run higher than 75 FPS. I can run 30 AI vehicles in a storm and it will not drop below 75 fps. However, when I switch my settings in AMS2 to Window or Borderless (to run Discord with overlay), my fan immediately runs at 95% and I see some drops below 75 fps. I just cant figure out what is causing it.

17. Joaquim Pereira

Yap, in window or borderless, the screen is "controlled"* by Windows, and when using full-screen the game "controls"* the screen entirelly. That's your cue.

May I sugest you turn your monitor OFF->ON again while in Windows?
    It makes a difference in my system as it seems to line up thing (perhaps Windows gets monitor capabilities again, not available during startup)

*-language simplifications