1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random starting Fuel in fixed setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Racing Bears TV, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

regardless of the reason for the fixed setup we have a problem, if a "sim racing" is a simulator then the basic thing that should work is fuel and Start (rolling start still a problem) ‍

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

And another important point is that players in my league prefer Fixed setup.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand why people think fixed setups equalizes the field, it doesn’t, but I understand why people think it does.

But thats not the point. The point is, just because you don’t understand setups, it doesnt mean those that do are cheaters, exploiters or “youths”.

Enjoy your league, good luck with your bug report.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

EDIT:

I had a big long post here responding to this and talking about real world club racing series' that allow very little setup and that it's ridiculous to imply that's not "real" racing but, the reality is, it doesn't even matter.

None of it changes the fact that a couple of you decided to come into a thread about a genuine bug that is happening with a feature that already exists in AMS2 (and many other sims...) whether you want to use it or not, and try to act dismissive of it either because you don't like the way these people want to play the game, or think you have to defend any criticism of it or something. Regardless of your reasoning, this isn't the place for that debate.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Thiago Bertazzoni

Thiago Bertazzoni New Member

Guys, open setup doesn't work fine, the central gravity about a lot of cars are wrong.
    I aways play in Championships with open setup, i prefere that. But, in automobilista 2, is almost impossible...
    The differencial about a lot of cars are wrong too. We have some friends, they are mechanics in porsche Cup Brasil, formula vee, etc.
    And they told us that! Reiza must decide:
    Its a arcade game or a simulator game?
    If this issues wont be fixed until the end of that year, a lot of leagues will abandoned ams2. As i am.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

If your first sentence is aimed at me, did you actually read my post? Firstly, I said,"I find it odd that league races are on default as surely setting the car up to your own personal preferences, track & conditions is part of real racing for most series and it is supposed to be a simulation of real world racing".
    So please get the sodding quote right and wind your neck in. Also what is ridiculous is that if it doesn't matter why bring it up?

Anyway for me I was asking why leagues on the whole use default setups and clear/static condition as it always baffled me, and I got the answer (eventually) from one league that most drivers prefer it which I appreciate.

Custom setups to me as a layman are not to exploit the physics, but to make the car more stable over the limit so you can push the car and bring it back without it killing you (which a high percentage of defaults seem to want to do). Having confidence that the car will not randomly spin out makes you push more.

Another point is that quite a number of WR times are set on default. For example, the Montana default is one of the best default setups in the game and fairly stable. I wonder though if it was as bad as other defaults in the game would leagues be racing it?

My initial post was not meant to derail the topic as the issue I think has been reported on the bug thread anyway. I thought it was relevant as using custom setups was a viable alternative. Then again..I am not a moderator so I will refrain from dictating what should and should not be debated here.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelreserv

I tried to explain this in the post you literally quoted from me.

I don’t care if people like fixed setup racing. I personally disagree with the logic of why you would implement it. But thats your choice. That is NOT why I responded to this post.

This was a bug post until @Racing Bears TV decided to call people who use custom setups exploiters and cheaters. This statement is offensive, misguided and unfortunately becoming more prevalent.

If you want to implement a fixed setup race because you think it evens the playing field, fine. Go ahead. But you shouldn’t go farther to try and justify it by falsely claiming that there are no car mechanics involved in Ams2 and those that do setup work are cheaters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

I never talked about cheaters, I talked about "exploits" that exist in custom setup and that have been around since Project Cars 2 and that were being used in some championships, and that for my league people prefer fixed setup only that, you are changing the focus of the post is to talk about a BUG that exists, which hinders the progress of several championships in Brazil today.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

And another thing, about simulating, there are REAL championships that are Fixed setups, like the Sprint Race in Brazil and other categories.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nakazone Racing Team

Nakazone Racing Team New Member

Yeh yeh yeh... Lol... so funny when fellas think they know at all, set up are exploits just accept it already, Reiza can´t even control how may liters of petrol cars using fixed set up are going to start with let alone construct a real set up system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. steelreserv

You said setups weren’t about car engineering and only about exploiting the game. You know exactly what you wanted to imply. Which is those that setup cars are cheating and thats how I read your post. I spend a lot of my time using RL car mechanics to set up cars. So in your world im not doing this based not on car engineering, im simply exploiting to gain an unfair advantage.

Video game exploit - Wikipedia
    “Exploiting may be considered cheating by part of the gaming community and gaming industry due to the unfair advantage usually gained by the exploiter.”

The bug you discovered should be addressed by Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. fabriciomontes

fabriciomontes New Member

Oh my god dude
    I had to sign up just to answer this.

The "cheating" so called, is actually finding inconsistencies in the sim for pro players, ok it happens in all sims, but when you have something as proeminent as ARBs directly influencing tire temps, and you use them to control tire temps instead of lateral balance and rotation, then something is really wrong. The fixed setups helps a lot with that (even though there are cars that you can change ARBs onboard).

Beyond that, anyone should be able to use the tools of the game WITHOUT having to be extra careful about it bugging and ruining a league, sometimes even sponsored championships.

The inconsistency of ams2 is leading many leagues to create manual countermeasures, but those are only taken so far, to the point no one in esports will take the game seriously, as it only gives updates to offline related.

To finish, it is understandable that many people that can't take the sim to its limits thinks it is awesome, that you run a 10 people open lobby 5 laps race and everything runs well. But that's not the point we are taking here, and "just avoid the bug" answer, is quite simplistic and immature.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. steelreserv

Yup. Certain components on cars are fixed in some racing series’. But its laughable to suggest they use fixed cambers, tire pressures, and packers.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelreserv

How about you accept that people might know more about the subject matter and don’t deserve to be called “exploiters”.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

A BUG about fuel turned into a conversation about setups, cool!

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelreserv

I realize that racing bear is recruiting all you to come in and respond.

“OMG dude!” Case and point. ARB changes dont directly effect tire temps. They effect rotation and stiffness distribution which either causes the front or rear tires to scrub more or less. Scrub causes tire temp changes, not the ARB.

On a side note. I hope they fix the fuel bug.

17. steelreserv

Yes, after you claimed setups are exploits. Take it back and ill leave.

18. Matevos Mikkelsen

Matevos Mikkelsen New Member

Please, Mr. Simioni, listen to our message and fix these bugs! What's the point of releasing dlc$ if these bugs are never fixed? You should give more attention to those professional leagues that use YOUR simulator instead of these freakin' content creators that only do 10 minutes races vs IA or with a couple of friends in open lobbies!

These leagues are really concerned in helping the evolution of the game, instead of some "influencers" who just do short races with IAs and ask for international content while you should focus on BRAZILIAN CONTENT since you are a BRAZILIAN company!

Please help us to help you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Racing Bears TV

Racing Bears TV Member

Mate, we don't care about setup, if you know more or less, we have more than 50 drivers and other organizations that are having problems and would like REIZA to hear from us in Brazil.
    And about taking back what I said, you can stand there talking to yourself. Goodbye

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. fabriciomontes

fabriciomontes New Member

As I said, for a slower player, this may not be so proeminent, as you don't take the cars to its limits, but when you start to get to the faster guys, this shows more and more. In any sim I play I have to associate ARBs to tire temp, except AMS2 and the long gone Project Cars 2 (maybe same engine).

Now, as you seem to be a little "overexcited" because we wanted to report a bug to Reiza and you seem to be offended, I suggest you leave the topic, as you are not adding anything to it.

• Agree Agree x 2