1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding AMS and Reiza 17

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Marius H, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Marius H

Marius H Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

Dear reader,

I was lately thinking how companies handle their racing games and content. So I was brainstorming on my own (Is that even possible?) So I come to a conclusion: Why not making AMS the circuitrating-hub for Northern and Southern American simulation racing.

I mean Raceroom Experience covers ADAC, DTM, WTCC and many more. Asetto Corsa covers daily and rich mens road cars. AMS is very noticeable to have the best open wheeler simulation. (I didn't put in rFactor and iRacing, because of the montly/yearly fee).

I believe it's a amazing idea to have AMS covering the American racing. With somewhat how Raceroom or Assetto Corsa handles it content, either you buy cars, tracks, liveries for a little amount of money or you buy DLC. This means AMS can grow larger and larger within the years; also updating it's graphics, engine, physics. so in the end we have a good competition in circuitracing; Raceroom covering Europe, AMS America and Assetto Corsa the normal roadcars and hotlapping.

Now going forward to Reiza 17. If that's still the case. What about making Reiza 17 not circuit but a Rally game? Yes, you read this correctly. Why a Rally simulation game? I believe it's amazing to have Reiza 17 covering the American Rally. So Reiza can compete directly versus Codemasters Dirt Rally and it's sequels. Codemasters is known for covering Europe. so wouldn't it be awesome if Reiza covers America? AMS has RX and dirt. and it's kinda just right. The car handles nicely on the dirt/mud, the physics works.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have AMS as a circuit racing game covering the Amercian racing and growing by it's content? And wouldn't it be fantastic to have a rally game that takes place in America? It's very diverse!

So what about you? What do you think? Me? I think AMS and Reiza 17 Rally is the way to go.

Thank you for reading,

Ivy

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

I think Reiza is trying to avoid repeating the problem of being labelled a niche product (South American-focused). An American Rally focus would be even worse! This is a terrible idea, though having this sort of content as a mod or branch-off title could be great, just not as the purpose for Reiza 17. Reiza 17 needs to continue the trajectory of AMS and continue to expand into as many worldwide popular racing fields as possible. Unfortunately, American rally would be near the bottom of any worldwide list :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Martakus

Martakus Member Reiza Backer

'So Reiza can compete directly versus Codemasters Dirt Rally and its sequels.'
    Unfortunately not in my opinion. Reiza is far from making a AAA game like Dirt Rally...

4. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio New Member

Rally,no thank you.And if Reiza had code masters budget,they would make a game far superior to Dirt Rally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member Reiza Backer

Well rally is coming to AMS so we'll see how it turns out.

6. Metalogic

Metalogic New Member Reiza Backer

Focus Northern and Southern American simulation racing? Not for me...Much more interested in the British tracks Reiza have announced.

7. xnorb

xnorb Active Member Reiza Backer

We already have the basics of loose surface racing (don't know how advanced it is but i doubt it's at levels of Dirt Rally) and we'll see support for point-to-point races, so there's basically your Rally..

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member Reiza Backer

For Reiza 2017 I'd would rather see Reiza getting official license of the CART 1998 season and rebuilding that mod and include it in the base game even if it makes the price go up :)
    Imagine that with all the proper tracks... man.... *-*

• Like Like x 1
  9. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo Reiza Backer

I guess I'm the only weirdo who agrees with Ivy. Don't you guys get tired of driving the same tracks over and over? It seems that everyone only ever wants to lap Monza, Imola, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, and Nurburgring/Nordschliefe. You can drive most of those tracks in every single sim.
    I love Automobilista precisely because it's different, because it's not the same 5 tracks that everyone plays on every single game. I'm pretty certain that I'm the only one who *doesn't* rush to download every single ported track by Patrick G. I like the stock content and learning new tracks is fun.
    I just don't get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Will Mazeo

In my case I only race online, and those are tracks/cars that would get more people. So yes, I don't get tired at all, as long as there are people to race with.

11. gongo

...iRacing? :p

12. Will Mazeo

No money for that. And even if I had the money I'm not sure I'd get into it because I consider it a bit overpriced.
    On the other hand... some devs look like really want to push people into iRacing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  13. gongo

Well, if you want a very organized multiplayer environment where there are always people, it seems to be the way to go. I'm not on iRacing because I simply don't have the time for it.
    I understand the desire to always have someone to play with online, but insisting that every racing sim have the same exact tracks is like demanding that every FPS have de_dust and cs_assault because those are the most popular Counter-Strike maps (or at least they were back when I stopped playing in 2002, but you get the idea).
    Online is very important for games like Call of Duty or Battlefield and yet those communities (which are at least 10x larger than any sim racing community) don't have this pathological obsession with changing nothing and keeping the same exact maps all the time. That's what I don't understand. Everyone already has Interlagos. Why can't we race on Interlagos, why does it *have to be* Spa over and over? I've spent a lot of time on Insurgency and I loved the original version of the Market map, but then one day they randomly changed it and made it completely different, eliminating lots of the parts that I liked. Did I stop playing? No, I just learned the new map and got on with it.
    There's a strange and very strong rage quit mentality in the sim racing community which seems to feed this need to only ever maintain the same exact list of tracks because learning a new track means you make mistakes and making mistakes seems to be too embarrassing for people? I don't get it.
    Like I said, I understand the desire to have a strong multiplayer group, but I think that it's possible to have a good group regardless of the track. If people are of the attitude that "I only race this track because it's the only one that I'm good at" then those aren't people that I usually hang out with online because I don't do that.
    I ran a race in R3E at Oschersleben with DTM 2015 having never even done a practice session on that track before and ended up finishing 3rd because *everyone* quit the moment they made even a slight mistake. It's so foreign to me.
    For being as small as it already it is, you would think that the AMS community would want to run the tracks and cars that everyone already has in an effort to keep servers full and participation high.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  14. Will Mazeo

that escalated quickly :D
    Funny enough Reiza knows they need more mainstream tracks (at least the DLC thing shows that) ;) and this is not about online only, if mainstream cars and tracks help to sell.... go for it with all you have. This is business.
    I don't get the Interlagos point at all, Interlagos IS one of these mainstream tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gongo

I was a Humanities major in college, once I start typing, it gets long, lol.

16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff Reiza Backer

Well...I love "the same exact" tracks, but I ubderstand your point...so why don't have both of them?
    I don't like the idea to have a great sim without my beloved tracks...why I should race on them without the benefits of being on AMS?

PS: can I add you to steam?We play the same games...

17. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member Reiza Backer

I came to SCE/AMS because of the different content mix and I like the idea of a North/South America focussed sim. AC has most of the major European tracks as first party content or mods and I don't really see the point of making yet another Nords/Spa as great as they are. I would love to see a sim with modern graphics with the South American content we have now plus the classic US/Canadian tracks but without the huge expense of iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

i like the tracks i just don't see them as good as reiza quality.

19. gongo

I tried out a few of them in the SCE days and they were decent. Admittedly, I haven't tried any of them yet for AMS. I think he does a good job of converting over old tracks and sprucing them up here and there, and as far as being third party content goes, I think it blends in well with the stock Reiza content. I have no problems with his work or the popularity of the mods. I think that's great.

Like I said, I recognize that I'm the strange one here on this subject. :D

20. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

yeah well I think spa needs looking at again, because when I played it didn't look anywhere as near as good as reizas tracks. I have tried road Atlanta yet. Maybe I was burned by spas versin.