1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Been seeing alot of references made toward a "reiza 17". What is it? Would love to hear more. Thanks

2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza 17 is the code name for Reiza's successor to AMS, which will strangely enough appear some time in 2017. It appears likely to use a more modern DX11 (12?) graphics engine, and will probably contain much of the content and feature set of AMS plus additional goodies. Anything more than these reasonably established facts is speculation at this point since Reiza are understandably not letting the cat out of the bag at this early stage.

3. gdubmx

ah ok cheers, so really this is just fill in game kinda deal then? are they working on that now and just getting to AMS when they can i suppose.

4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

nah i think all their focus is at AMS atm, but anything they do in this sim will help them progress with the new engine for reiza17.

5. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All we really know about Reiza17 is that it's going to be running on gMotor2 for most of the game but have a custom DX12 graphics engine. Similar to how RaceRoom currently works so the inner workings won't change much but it'll look a lot different.

6. bob dihi

bob dihi BANNED BANNED

So it means that they made you buy AMS Early Access to fund their Reiza 17. Retail version of
    AMS is not out yet and they already working on the next version. Is it going to be free to AMS owners? Otherwise it makes no sense to buy AMS now as 2017 is around the corner and AMS will never be finished 100%. Funny how software companies make people buy something thats not even finished. AMS was supposed to be out end of April and what is it now. July? Looks like that their main objective is anything but AMS.

7. gdubmx

That's kinda how I see it Bob, I was about to sign up to the dlc membership scheme until I started reading about this new game. Kinda seems pointless unless of course, like you say we get the new reiza 17 for free.

Sorry to hijack this thread guys but this forum is pretty dead. Can someone tell me how to paint wheels, specifically on the lancer rs. My skin just creates silver wheels and I have no clue how to change them. Appreciate it. Thank you

8. CCKaren

Reiza17 won't be out at the earliest until mid/late 2017 so it's still a long way off yet. AMS exists because of a crowdfunding campaign that was held to fund new updates to Stock Car Extreme, which was at the time a 3-4 year old game. Those improvements eventually ended up being formed (with backer permission) into Automobilista which SCE owners all got free. I'm curious how you figure that AMS will never "be finished", when there's a development roadmap on these very forums showing all the stuff that's planned for inclusion before development fully moves on to Reiza17 as well as multiple development updates talking about how development is going on those features and content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

People joining now with AMS definitely get a wrong impression.
    It's important to understand that AMS is not a new game (although it defintiely looks like one!) but an evolution of Game Stock Car Extreme.

@gdubmx afaik you can't paint the wheels (i guess you mean the rims?).

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It won't be custom, they said they were looking at some options like Unreal Engine 4 (hope they pick this one), RaceRoom is going to that engine anyway.
    I think Reiza 17 will be what AMS is now + new graphic engine + 64bit + more content + some extras that are more track related like rain. Would in part explain all the time being put in AMS.
    Of course this is just my speculation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CCKaren

It might be custom, we don't know yet. Certainly there were mentions of building a custom DX12 graphics engine during the Sim Racing Bonanza. Then the talk of using UE4 or Unity started going round. Here's the bullet point list from the IGG page with some emphasis and notes on what we know's changed.

12. subaru555

subaru555 New Member

hoping it (Reiza17) will be free to AMS owners, and hoping it will have dynamic weather and more content!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

It won't. Only for (some) crowdfunding campaign backers. And AMS was already free for GSCE owners.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Will Mazeo

making it free would be suicide....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

according to empty boxes rant - then made public by PRC - It needs to progress into something with some game value - and not so much simulation value. I'm really not sure whats happening in the community these days. In one hand I do agree with the article (and matts point) on the other hand I feel sorry for the devs. It really is about time these small dev teams work together to produce a sim for the bigger picture! ISI and reiza to make a sim would be great.... to be honest I cant even see why not?!

16. Sam Smith

Sam Smith Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe they could throw in a free PC
    and free on site technical and emotional support incase the user needs a bottle of water and encouragement while they drive their free game. o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Heikki21

Heikki21 Member AMS2 Club Member

@Msportdan - Reiza and ISI...yes I also see no point why this shouldn't happen. ISI said in an interview, that they want to share/sell their rF2 engine to others and already have a potential client. Who sais that it's not Reiza for the Reiza 17 project ;) The rF2 physic engine is the best/most complex on the market. But Modders are struggling and need much more time, to produce good content. But if Reiza could transfer all their already amazing content to the rF2 base, it would be just awsome :) let's wait and see and in the meantime enjoy the phenomenal Automobilista, which I must admit, I enjoy most atm !

18. Will Mazeo

Both Reiza themselves and ISI said it's not Reiza

19. Heikki21

Heikki21 Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh ok, thanks for the info Will :)

20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It is weird to have Reiza releasing AMS, DLC and a roadmap; which cost the customer money. And then very "early" after all the DLC's are there Reiza releases Reiza 17 as a new game. Most people will see this as crashgrab or a milkymilky-system.

I think to avoid this and deflect an decrease in the name or/and reputation of Reiza it's is better to convert AMS into Reiza 17, so people will have AMS which will be upgraded to a new engine, etc. They won't lose all the time, energy and money they invested in AMS, so Reiza can build more content aka dlc for AMS/Reiza 17.

What I mean is people will see AMS as a very good simulation. They invest time, energy and money in the game. Then in 2017 mid or late Reiza releases Reiza 17. Which also cost money. People will be like: Cashcow-company.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1