1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Jyri Kettunen

Jyri Kettunen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The solution is simple: a worldwide Reiza-tax for all the nations, so Reiza could provide free content for all the simracers of the world.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know anything about a cash grab or cow milking. I just know that I paid my $100 and I got every bit of my money's worth out of the GSCE/AMS beta alone. Reiza 17 is just icing on the cake for me. The enjoyment I get out of AMS is a better value than I get out of AC, pCars, and rF2 combined.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I invested 19 euros in AMS and AMSbeta, Resulting in more than 200 hours driving pleasure, and more to come
    Not really a Cashcow
    :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Pavel Koshkin

People buys FIFA games every year, is it bad?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ISIMotor2 doesn't currently work this way. For example, if you don't have a mod installed you can't race against people who do. But Reiza tend to do single make/class racing, so I don't see there is going to be an issue. If there is an online race with DLC Caterhams for example, then I can't see others being happy if you can join in with your base content Super V-8.

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If they sell a pack + piece by piece it's not needed to allow people without the DLC to race with those that have it, IMO.
    Now if you only sell a pack then yes, it should be allowed, just my 2 cents... I mean.. just my whatever costs the DLC :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just bought AMS plus the DLC pass and can only be excited that there is a newer better sequel to it on the horizon.

Never fails to amaze me that people will think nothing of spending £20 on a round of beer or a carry out meal for 2 gone in 15 minutes but complain about those evil money grabbing companies that dare to spend thousands of hours applying their hugely intelligent skills to make something phenomenal I'll play for months for similar money.

How dare you provide me with hundreds of hours of entertainment for the cost of a mid-range pair of Jeans! Damn you!

You know, some people will shout "cash cow" and to them I point towards that "Donate" button on the website you last downloaded some great free software from.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. pennarguy

pennarguy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Those that have been with Reiza for the long haul, know that the last thing Reiza is, is a "cash cow" company.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Racer2604

Racer2604 BANNED BANNED

Why is everybody talking about Reiza 17? Who said it even exists or going to exist? Can we please
    have confirmation from Reiza that they working on something called Reiza 17? If yes please give more detail. You want our support then you have to be transparent.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Think positive and think out of the box. Will they break it down or bring us along, They sure will track the project until completion but didn't reveal their milestones jet. Just be a good team player and Let's all work to make it happen :D

13. Rob Nelson

Rob Nelson Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza themselves came up with the name Reiza 17. It's the working title of their next game. That's why people are talking about it.

14. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

GREAT discussion guys, well for the most part! Reiza is clearly not doing this for the money, this is about a passion or love for sim racing. I would venture to guess they are not even making much money with AMS. ISI on the other hand, I cannot say for sure, but we have a good idea what the cost of the source code was for Reiza to purchase it from ISI. Nor was it cheap for the other companies that purchased it from ISI. Anyway not here to bash ISI as we should probably be thankful for what we have today but I dont anticipate the 2 working together any closer than they are already/have.

Reiza has completed projects and they will complete AMS then move onto Reiza17 when the time is right. They dont HAVE to tell us everything or "be transparent" as we already have some wonderful products that show the dedication, passion, and skills they have. 400+ hours later for me in AMS and I am still in love. haha

Again I mean no disrespect to ISI with my words above. I think its just a slightly different mindset between the two companies. Or maybe it's just me...could be. :cool::cool:

BTW does anyone know where the name "Reiza" came from or what it means?

15. Will Mazeo

Not a different mindset.... rFactor is kind of a demo of the platform. Reiza made a game using the platform. People should understand this...

16. Dann Murillo

Dann Murillo tinyurl.com/osrdiscord AMS2 Club Member

Ohh yeah Will and when I say ISI, I mean RF2 also, not just RF1. I think ISI has big goals but I am not sure how it compares the passion I feel from Reiza. Maybe its 2 completely different things actually.

17. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We have been transparent, but there´s some confusion here. Every company has longer term plans for future products, the only reason people have received this "sneak peek" about ours was because of last year´s crowdfunding campaign. We also made it clear then we would not be disclosing further information about this future project until the time was right to do so. People who took part in the campaign were actually the people who were invited to support us, that´s why they were informed upfront then about the existence of these plans so they better understood what they were funding and getting in return.

For the public at large this is not particularly relevant - any tech product with a more substantial price tag than ours has the prospect of a brand new standalone upgrade 16 months or whatever from now. People are not being asked to support us, they´re being offered products which exist on their own strength today and do what it says on their tin; one buys them if he thinks they´re worth their respective price tag. Our longer term plans for future products should have no bearing in that decision :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Will Mazeo

Yes, rF2 is the same, a "demo" for isi2.5
    Tho the way ISI release content to that cause confusion as it makes it look like a incomplete game

19. Racer2604

Racer2604 BANNED BANNED

Why such a secrecy? All we want to know is does Reiza 17 exists and are you busy with it already?
    No harm done by telling us.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

exist? u expect game that is supposed to be out in 2017, does not exist in 2016? and keep in mind theres bunch of dlcs incoming for ams. Looks like they share their manpower

• Funny Funny x 1