1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza 17. What is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdubmx, Jul 7, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You could always enjoy what you've got with AMS and then be pleasantly surprised when reiza release their next sim. There's no need to know everything the devs are up too, let them do what they've gotta do and when the time is right they'll let us know :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes reading @Renato Simioni posts feel like playing Tomb Raider: it's full of possible hints to future stuff :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We have a product that has actually just been released and is still in development to talk about, while much about what will come on the next one is still being put together / being fully defined. If we supply a few nuggets of information about it (which we have already done - there´s quite a bit out there already), it will only increase the appetite for more at a point we´re not ready to disclose more, nor willing to show that particular hand yet. It is as simple as that really.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

thankfully reiza aren't a cocky outfit like SMS were, who decided announcing PCars 2 the same week as release of pcars 1 would be a good thing.

Keep doing what your doing guys. !

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

ye, they announced reiza17 even before ams was out :p

6. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. Will Mazeo

Agree, I prefer to know what is coming. One of the reasons I prefer AMS over rF2 right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Will Mazeo

To be fair since they announced the "Reiza 17" I expect for it a lot more than AMS itself. And seeing what is being done in AMS really makes me expect more about the next sim.
    Reiza 17 and RR "rework" (because I don't think the graphic change will be only about graphic engine) are what I look for in near future. Tho RR is showing no news about this, I think that game could be so much more (seeing what Reiza did, imagine if it was Sector 3 first).
    Of course I hope Reiza win this "race" :p
    Of course I'm "expecting with moderation", Assetto was a mega disappointment to me and rF2 despite being a great platform is just that... a platform... so yeah.. I do not hold my breath about any of this at all

• Like Like x 2
  10. gongo

-

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Racer2604

Racer2604 BANNED BANNED

I dont understand the secrecy. To me buying the game from a developer is like investing in the company and every investor wants to know whats happening in the company he wants to support.
    I dont need any DLC's because there is enough free quality mods around. But I am prepared to buy
    them to support the developer if I know there is something for me at the end. If the developer is arrogant , not listening to people what they want , banning users on their forum for criticizing the company ( that i saw happening here on this forum ) I will think twice about my support. We all have choices. Developer have a choice to listen to people what they want or do it their way and we have a choice to support them by buying their product or getting the software of the torrents. Its up to the developer decide which way hey want to go. As simple as that. They must understand that without us there is no them.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. gongo

-

• Like Like x 2
  13. Racer2604

Racer2604 BANNED BANNED

Just tell us something. We are not going to hold it against them if it changes. All we want to know
    is does Reiza 17 exist, how far are they with it and is it another rFactor clone? It does smell fishy when they keep quiet about it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Racer, your question has been answered to the extent it´s going to be answered, quite frankly your demand for more is unreasonable and your belief that paying $40 or whatever in AMS is an investment in the company is plain mistaken - it´s a product, not a share in the company. If I buy an iPhone 7 today I don´t get to demand Apple to tell me what their plans are for the iPhone 8 (or even for the next iteration of the IOS if you want to stick with the software line of that business). It´s not how these things work.

If you feel it´s a rFactor clone, why are you here? I see what you´re going for, so consider this strike one for trolling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Come on guys, no reason to be so harsh with Reiza guys. They already told a lot about their next project and they are very informative about the current one. Why you guys can't just wait?The indiegogo campaign was for AMS but they will deliver you a free copy of their new project too when ready so..why so harsh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Certainly buying a game is not an investment in the developer but most of us will make a big time investment over a number of years in the one or two sims that we choose to play so you want to feel that the developer will not abandon you.

I agree with @Will Mazeo that one reason to prefer AMS over rF2 right now is that Reiza has some future plans even if the details are sensibly kept secret for now. Just knowing that these plans exist makes me comfortable to recommend to people to get AMS and to support Reiza in the future. Unfortunately, I do not feel the same way about rF2/ISI anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see it the other way around as I personally don't have a "need" for the future, so RF2 is more a complete sim for my needs right now therefore gets most attention. AC continues to get played as I enjoy that and iRacing too when I can race it with cars/tracks that I own. AMS is currently looked upon every now and then when I fancy some SuperV8 action.

This is not to say that I'm not looking forward to the future, i very much am, all the above devs have something in the pipeline that I consider exciting but right now I prefer to race with what I know and not worry about what may come.

Each to their own of course, good to see other people's views :)

18. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@gongo, according to this there will be point to point support.

Regarding roadmap transparency, I believe Reiza is the absolute best at both development and communication of their roadmap. All the community should be doing is communicating what they want and not distracting devs from focusing on giving them what they want out of pure curiosity. So shut up and put some times up on the leaderboard :p

19. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

for me rf2 is a bit like a broken biscuit barrel, it really is inconsistent in its content. one car would be amazing then other plain crap!. its hard to recommend rf2 to anyone atm.

r17 i think can be a rf2 beater by just doing what IS/i aren't!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. gongo

-

• Like Like x 1