1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Just signed up and did my first (of many) races :)
    As others have said, dead simple to set up, and easy to get started.
    Filling the grid with AI helps with immersion, and ranking based on cleanliness and consistency is great for a rather slow, old man as myself.

@roszman, please keep this service up as long as you feel you can.

• Like Like x 8
  2. MonkeyJug

MonkeyJug New Member

RCO has made me excited to play AMS2 again. Me and my real-life buddy used to only play Time Trials, but this has really opened our eyes to the fun that can be had racing.

I love that we can just agree to jump online together knowing that a race will be starting within the next 30 minutes!

Thank you for this, I hope it can improve and get better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

So they are going to scrap the multiplayer online system they have half setup now?

4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Why would they announce they're working on something MP related just to then scrap it for no reason?

5. Mike Shelton

Mike Shelton New Member

The adaptive ai is as big a feature, to me, as racecraft itself. I'd sure love to know how to implement that if racecraft goes away. Regardless of what Reiza comes up with, I'm sure it won't have adaptive ai.

6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Today drove the GT4 on Snetterton 300, with AI 120. That was a tough one. At the end P2 but they drove really aggressive.

7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats because aggression cant be set/changed on a dedicated server, one of the biggest reasons i steer clear from racing with added AI

• Like Like x 1
  8. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Do you know what the default aggression setting is in these circumstances? I’d imagine the middle ground but when racing the AI does often feel extremely aggressive, reckless even. Add to that the AI’s seeming ability to come out of any incident without a negative impact and even the most inexperienced human sim racer is a preferable opponent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they are set to the highest aggression,thats what it seems like at least

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think the aggression level has anything to do with the poor online AI behaviour. It will all be down to the latency in getting the position of each driver to the host then the host working out what the AI should do and sending it back. The AI probably literally don't know where you are half the time if the information hasn't got to them in time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was just going to say. I've always felt like the AI in single player on max aggression drives pretty fairly, with rare exceptions. I never get them just ploughing into me.

An example of the exceptions would be Lesmo 1 on Monza where they're very eager to push their nose up on the inside if you leave the corner open the tiniest bit. They don't push deep enough that they'd have a right to be there by your usual motorsports rules, but enough to be dangerous. At least that's how it was at some point with some specific cars, been a while now since I've done that track.

I'm tempted to try out RCO just to see how the AI behaves. Great motivation for trying out a multiplayer service, huh? :p

12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is correct.

A lot of MP woes root from the especially poor latency inherent to AMS2

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

I've heard on rco discord that AI aggression is taken from the race host (first player who joined race) AI settings.

14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Is that also the case when there are no human players other than the host? Recently did a couple races on RCO, all AI bots and me (being me the host), and those suckers punt and pit manouvre me several times at Watkins Glenn, Snetterton 200 and even Brasilia Outter with the slow Ginetta.

At single player they are less aggressive overall I think.

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it could be class-track specific issue then.

But you sure are not being overly optimistic with overtakes and braking zones? I ask it because I do have setup a dedi server for myself only vs the AI (max strength) with the F-Reiza, which is a far more challenging car for the AI to handle, and they race very very cleanly. Just did a test race, 16 laps around Interlagos.

I can't be bothered to test tin tops because I really feel bored with almost every single one of them.

16. hb22

hb22 Member

Just wanted to add one more voice in appreciation and support of the RCO initiative. I have found it to be excellent so far, both in concept and execution. I already race in a weekly AMS2 league but LOVE how I can find an organized, clean race with RCO - and can do this either at zero notice, or on a schedule so I can prepare/organise myself if I want to.

It has brought a lot of interest back to AMS2 and is allowing its variety of cars and tracks to shine.

For years many people have said that AMS2 needs better multiplayer support for it to have a chance of properly taking off, snowballing users and becoming a go-to racing sim. Here we have someone who is clearly very talented, handing something on a plate to Reiza that is making a buzz around AMS2 for new customers whilst also making it's existing users very happy. Therefore I do find it both surprising and disappointing that Reiza has not had the courtesy to respond to this effort, which is benefiting them as well, in order to coordinate on both sides, fix some minor issues, and maximize this opportunity for growth now whilst it is getting some attention on wider sim racing channels. All of us here love AMS2 and getting more users/revenue/opponents benefits everybody :)

Thank you once again for your work, and hoping Reiza can give you a polite steer on their thoughts on this soon :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. ricxx

The rocketeeer Sunday Cup didn't go too well for me. Got disconnected just a few seconds before the end of qualifying. There was also some lag, people were doing 1:10's at VIR South, which is a bit too fast for being legit. Such a shame, I was really looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also amost missed my race checkin! I first register in practice to run my 3 laps, got the server's number and jump to server pratice, but for my surprise I got kicked and did not understand why.
    Sudelly I noted that rco had change my server's practice for other, I did all process again and got kicked again, I noted that my server's practice was changed again from RCO website, so I ran to my thrird try and fortunatly I was able to get 3 laps just before rco close checkin botton.
    Even with strange moved from someone in T1, the rest of race was excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ricxx

Yeah, at some point we were on the same server. I got kicked from the server I was assigned to from the Racecraft website as well and it wouldn't let me rejoin. I restarted the game and it was fine then until I got disconnected again. Not sure what happened, must be an issue with the dedicated servers, idk.

• Like Like x 1
  20. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Hey, so few guys from the RCO community stated that connectivity issue can be caused by AMS2 Ranking and/or too big grids.

I've turned off AMS2 Ranking in RCO servers and I will reduce the grid size also. Maybe it will help?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1