1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

w
    What a shame! I loved your server with ams2 ranking . Are you sure about the bug? It sounds to me was related with poor quality connection from the user that was hosting server at that moment.

2. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Idk, lets find out during this week.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, that is the most likely reason.

Nothing RCO can do about, that is the nature of peer-to-peer and would need to be tweaked from inside. RCO already took a nice approach of not allowing the first joiner to be the location outlier of the group, but I find it hard to figure out how to not allow someone with poor connection to become the host as a third party dev.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I don't think so, one of the incidents was in a straight line when the AI was returning to the racing line after being wide and over the kerbs at exit, didn't realized I was there, in front and 3/4 car ahead, he hit me and keep pushing so I ended spinning. Being hit from behind is also more common with AI online than when I race offline.

In the other hand, the Group A race at Buenos Aires 8 against AI was fine, so yes, it depends on the track/car combo and I think the amount of AI cars battling around the player in a close pack has an influence on AI behaviour and aggression too.

5. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wouldn't it be much better to just change one thing at a time to see if it works or not? If it's the rating as some suggested there's no need to reduce grid size.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. roszman

It seems that rating is causing freezes for some people and bigger grid size can cause connectivity issues.

So first I've turned off rating and few people reported back that they don't exprience freezes anymore.

Yesterday we had connectivity issues with the grid of 10 and from my observation grid size of 9 is stable to run, so today I've changed grid sizes to 9.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ricxx

Ah, I thought lag was the only issue, at least that's the only thing I experienced. It was really bad yesterday, cars were glitching and sliding all over the place.

8. Juergn Voss

Juergn Voss New Member

RCO is great! It even got me away from iRacing. Thanks a lot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ricxx

Tried to sign up for a few races but it wouldn't let me do the 3 laps challenge, the sign up button stays greyed out. Any idea why this is now?

10. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

you have to start a practice session for the 3 laps challenge

• Like Like x 1
  11. ricxx

I know, I've taken part in 10 races or so so far and it worked perfectly. Now, if I press 'practice' it wouldn't give me a practice server number to join. It seems to be loading a bit at first but then nothing happens. I joined a practice sever to see if it'd count my laps as 3 laps challenge but I'm pretty sure it didn't.

Thanks for your reply anyway ^^

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  12. Thiago Bittencourt Bruno

Thiago Bittencourt Bruno Skkylo in Ams2 Lobbys

• Like Like x 1
  13. roszman

come on to our discord, we can figure this out. Probably it's just a glitch in the matrix ;)

14. Yatzek

Yatzek New Member

Kudos to roszman for his work and idea! I keep fingers crossed it will catch the fire and burn bright, making some alternative for Goliath-Iracing (which I subscribe too) :)

From my perspective (of starting rookie) :
    All works as advertised - I do the 3lap challange (cool idea!) and participate in F-Inter race with few other guys (where are the bots?) After the race, I have no urge to repeat this right away. So currently I have an option to race Minis on Oulton .. I do not feel like racing Mini (just my quirk) - and I quit for an evening.. go wander around multiplayer inside AMS2 or just set up the local race with bots.

My weekly routine - We meet with 3-5 friends from work on discord - race some different tracks and cars for 2 - 2.5hrs (usually 4-5 races) and we are happy..

Idea - is it possible to provide "casual" server with rotating Q(10min)+R(15min) with few different tracks and cars and bots in the loop (random or some specific list) ?? Can be ranked or no..

Cause - when I sit in the evening I want to race few races in the row and not "hunt' for whole hour for 1 or 2 races per day.
    Of course quality of racing may be little lower than "serious" races ... (I'm for "ranked" participation) but quantity for sure will help to get the system going.

anyway - fingers crossed for growing up the community and some deal with Reiza. :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. PiccoloLost

PiccoloLost New Member

I just graduated Bronze in RCO and I'm really enjoying it. The only problem is players are too few, usually 3, 4 or even less. Actually if AMS2 would support it at least in communication I'm sure things would improve. AMS2 and RCO are a great combo.

16. omni

omni New Member

First of all, I want to thank @roszman for the RCO. I studied the AMS2 documentation myself and wanted to make a similar system, but then I thought that without advertising and support from Reiza, no one would pay attention to it and I would waste a month of my time. Apparently that's how it would have happened. Nevertheless, @roszman made such a system, and from my point of view, as a developer, this is a cool software product that works great. Once again, a lot of respect and thank you! The fact that Reiza does not support this project causes me just bewilderment. Especially since @roszman offered them the code for free. It's not clear to me at all how you can relate to multiplayer in your excellent games, what's in the first AMS what's in the AMS2. At the moment, the built-in multiplayer is just terrible. Firstly, the servers are probably located somewhere in Russia. I myself live in the north-west of Russia and I'm the only one who always has a green ping. This is certainly good for me, but most of the players from Brazil who have a ping of 350+ and it is better
    I wish I had 150, but others have a normal one, than so. Secondly, when the servers are more or less full, they lag. Ping shows green, as allways, but the car is controlled badly, small suttering and unresponsive control with a delay - this happens in 30% of the case of the games in public lobbys. GamerMuscle recently tried an update and also complained about unresponsive inputs (his complaints about physics are just ridiculous and don't interest me, but he's right here), although he didn't understand that it was only in an online game. As a result, people, including popular bloggers, make incorrect conclusions about the game if they try online.
    All these problems are not present in RCO. The servers work well, there is no delay in inputs, the service itself also works flawlessly, people drive (at least they try) very correctly, there is motivation to play to get licenses and ratings.
    As a result, it is completely unclear why Reiza treats the online game this way, why they don't tell us anything, why not support what already exists and works? It's strange, because in all other aspects, Reiza's work deserves only the best words, and in multiplayer - only the worst. I think I'm not the only one who would like to hear the company's position on this issue.
    And so, I am very glad that RCO is still slowly, but progressivly gaining popularity. I would advise the author of the project to contact popular sim bloggers with a request to review the project for free, I'm sure some of them will not refuse. I wish the RCO project only the best.

• Like Like x 6
  17. roszman

It's a shame that you didn't create your system in one month, since it took me almost 2 years of my free to have something stable and playable, it would save me a lot of my free time ;)

I've already contacted few blogs/news sites and few popular youtubers, but only got very few responses. It seems that not much people care about multiplayer systems. Maybe they have their own agendas?

I think that AMS2 multiplayer servers are located all over the world, but don't know why I always have a green ping in multiplayer session too - imo it's a AMS2 bug or something.

Thanks for your support
    Cheers from Poland ;)

18. roszman

but this lack of response from Reiza is just lame.

EDIT.
    Maybe not lame, but sad? Or sad and lame? Something between those lines :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  19. ricxx

You shouldn't take it personally, really. If they're working on their own system I can kind of understand the silence. Don't forget: No reaction ≠ no appreciation. It might just be a company policy to not react to everything the public might want from them.

Anyways, I'm glad RCO exists, I've said this before, I really appreciate the effort, and btw I'm glad to see the correct midnight time displayed now ^^

I've noticed that sometimes when nobody's signed up to a certain race and you're the first with say 20 mins to the start of the race, suddenly 2 or 3 late sign ups appear. I don't know if it's coincidence but if you do not sign up because nobody signed up, then nobody will sign up and the servers are empty.

My advice is, if you want to race a certain combo, sign up as soon as possible, because if everyone just signs up if enough people show interest, no racing is going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. roszman

I don't take it personally, but if they are cooking something on their own, then why should I bother with RCO?
    That's was my question in the first post in this thread, basically "Should I bother with AMS2 and RCO?".
    Simple generic answer to my question would be "Thx roszman, but we want to improve AMS2 multiplayer by ourselves, we'll not support RCO." - No details, no promises about their own competition system, nothing specific for community, but something very specific for me. Instead wasting my time here I would go to bother someone else.

"Company policy" :D we're all people, I would understand "Company policy" in 50+ employee company, but if I understand, Reiza is just a bunch of sim racers, right? So I don't think that any "Company Policy" is in place here, they just don't give a broken f..k about RCO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1