1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Do we want it to die? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

At some point, once license progression takes its course and the majority of players have completed existing track content laps, then this will naturally reduce over time.

It only really stands out currently as there are a lot of new people trying the service out (like me) who need to complete these lap challenges for each new combo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reversegrid

Reversegrid New Member AMS2 Club Member

I used the filter every time to find my practice/race. Worked well. If RCO server names start with ZZZ maybe they would “hide” at the bottom of the list and not clutter things up? I have no clue how all this works lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gmetzo

gmetzo New Member

Call me a pessimist but I sincerely doubt Reiza is cooking up an LFM/RCO service. It seems to me like they are hardstuck in the P2P multiplayer bull**** as if we never moved past the Modern Warfare lobbies of 2009 .
    As it is , RCO is great and personally I will continue racing in it and supporting unless Reiza releases a true successor system.
    And if Reiza is indeed cooking up such a system , co operation seems like a no brainer. If not straight up adopting RCO then at least grabbing most of it as a solid foundation and building from there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough and RCO is a great platform

had some fun yesterday with F-Inters at Cadwell park (I actually had to learn the circuit lmao) the whole system works really nice

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will have to find time to be part of it. 45 guys :eek::eek::eek: Screenshot_20230504-073234_Edge.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. roszman

Yeah 45 or more :p but we'll be splitted between multiple splits, last Sunday Cup had some technical issues, lets see if they are solved ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

In my opinion RCO race structure is vastly different from the other systems, and cater to other type of online racers.

I'm on Just Race, SGP and SRS. Neither of those offer hourly scheduled races, rotating combos, licenses to unlock, etc. At least in the sense people like me need in order to race online against other people. I need a service on which I can easily find a race when I have the time to sit on my rig. I'm not interested in league and/or community racing, championships, or whatever. I just want to have a good and clean race when I have a couple hours of free time from work, family, social life, etc. Public lobbies are a hit and miss for that, more a miss than a hit certainly because race format, very short duration races, bad racers, fixed setups, etc.

That's why RCO is great for me and for all the people, like me, don't have the time or the will to commit to league racing, compounded by the fact that I can't race at 16Hs local time because I'm at work, for example.

If what Reiza is building under the hood is something like the official races at Just Race, I'm affraid it will not be for me neither. There are currently only two events held on Thursdays at 16 and 17 hours local time (please correct me if I overlooked something on that site). Impossible and impractical for me even in this testing fase. I can't find a race in a day and a local time I could be part on in that service.

I realized long time ago that what I need is an "iRacing like", daily structured, ranked races, where I can hop in when I have the time and will, and find people to have a clean and fun race, while at the same time have some sort of ladder to climb to have some incentive to still use the service after a while. All of this on my preferred sim.

So far, RCO somewhat acomplished with most of those things. It only needs to grow on user base to be able to race people all the time.

What other services seems to not understand is not all people want to race in leagues or communities. There are a lot of people out there who only want to have good and clean, structured races when going online.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. roszman

RCO is already doing splits and as far I know without issues. Granted, the grid size is 12 (bumped to 16 moment ago) but it's quite stable.
    I dont know why people are saying ams2 online is a mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Just did two amazing races again. However, the first one (Dudeface CCB at 19:30 CET) did not register.
    Anything you can see what happened @roszman ?

Thanks!

Edit: Could it be that I disconnected too early after the finish, which made it not capture the race outcome?

11. roszman

Exactly that, but please lets not make this a support thread ;) join RCO discord ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I was in a race that was split. There were more than 20 entries. I only raced against 9 others. It worked fine for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I raced on RCO for the first time today and I'm thrilled, it's simple, intuitive and just well laid out. For me, who can only race at off-peak times, this service is a blessing. I am convinced that AMS2 can only benefit from it. Reiza would be really stupid to ignore you ( @roszman ) or even lose you to another game.

• Like Like x 4
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally!! full grid races :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. VFX Pro

upload_2023-5-4_18-25-39.png

65 people waiting for a race
    and 16 for the other.. this is making AMS2 online a reality again.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. VFX Pro

Just click on the Question mark at the top right corner, all the information is there, lots of it.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the same for me and the reason I did iRacing for the past year even though many parts of it annoyed or underwhelmed me. I've raced more on RCO this past week than any other system I've used ( including iRacing ). Even LFM which is fantastic, only has evening races which means I can race one or twice a week at best. With RCO and the blend of AI and real people, and the frequent races, I can get my racing fix much more often.

I think people in the US/Brazil who have dialled into European hosted sessions might have had some issues. My connection has been rock solid across all 15 races I've done this week.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. arminglf

arminglf New Member

This is also my case, as well as so many others out there. I can't commit to leagues, communities etc and race at specific times let alone on specific dates. We need to be able to join a race whenever we have some spare time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, I think I figured out what you did to avoid someone out of the region to become the host: just kick him out if he is the first to join!

Not bullet proof, since the original host leaving means the game could still elect the worst node as the new host. Unless the engine has a proper election, and not random, obviously.

Tbh, I'm enjoying RCO. I think this has a good potential.

• Like Like x 3
  20. roszman

:) it's an option, but quite annoying to someone who is trying to join server.

Better solution would be to do RCO and Reiza cooperation, bump player numbers and do splits by region ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1