1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

this morning at this time (EU ca. 11:30 Uhr) a Ginetta race was well attended with 8 people. In my F-Vee Bronce Race only I was at the start. The AI really challenged me, I then became 2nd last after a spin.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

If it's of any help, I actually did a quick summation of the players per hour over the last few weeks to see if there was a more popular time to go looking to race and a few hours around the 20:00 UTC period seemed most active:

[​IMG]

It's not a conclusive analysis, just a rough and ready summation of the stats
    google sheet

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. WarmRed

It would be interesting to see if you can see the RCO hype on the Steam charts as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

There were alot of training servers, because because the new ones need to do 3 clean laps on a track before they may race on it.
    By time the amount of training servers will decrease.

And of course in the evening of european time zone(s) Most members have their sparetime and can drive.
    So 9 a.m. european time is not the best time to check the numbers. The americans are sleeping while the europeans are working.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So much room for growth...just imagine if AMS2 was as popular in the US as in Europe. That's the unfortunate thing for me, when I have time to race it's always during the left part of that chart.
    Even ACC only has 1100 players at that time. However...RCO had a few people on during those hours lately, which is an improvement from none.
    Breakdown must be something like 25% US and 70% EU.
    Can you break that chart down be region?

• Like Like x 1
  6. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

It's not a study in human behaviour. Dont compare people to heards and pastures, I am no heard animal and no pasture. I believe everyone here have it's own will and don't just blindly follow others.

Only RCO offers AMS2 races around the clock without any league commitment and it seems that such thing attract a lot of people.

No new invention here, just a copy of what existed already, with few creative twists.

Yes, I also think that Reiza is working on their own mp thing, hopefully they will be able to pull off something better or equal to RCO.

I don't think I will ever got any response from Reiza.

Btw, thank you guys for your great support, it is awesome to see this huge ammount of positive comments. Thank you :)

Let's keep racing and see what will happen ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think if Reiza is interested in doing something they'll approach people. I wouldn't read too much into them not reacting. I can imagine, if they reacted every time someone comes up with an idea or a new tool, they'd have to employ someone just for that, to reach out to people and say 'interested/not interested'. It's definitely nothing personal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

The only difference is, that @roszman brings Reiza money.
    So it would show good manner, if they reacted in any way.
    Even if they respond:" Thank you roszman, but sorry dude, we are already in collaboration with justrace and so there is no need/possibility for a collaboration with RCO."

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. roszman

You are right.

On the other hand how often they are approached with fully functional multiplayer system with more than 2k users gained in one week?
    :p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm finding it curious why some people are looking for reasons to discredit the FAIR work that RCO has been delivering.
    Really, please, just sign up and find other ams2 lovers to race against in next half an hour or hour.

AMS2 have almost avg 400 users online everyday and in my point of view, RCO is helping us to meet each other on track.

Just give it a try! also... http://justrace.net is another great option.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  11. WarmRed

RCO is so successful because the races are so predictable and can be raced almost anytime. This is what most people look for and find at racecraft.online. Leagues are great, but they usually only run 1-2 times a week. It is a pattern/recipe that has been successful for years when you look at iRacing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

RCO is iRacing light. And iRacing is what most non professional simracers want for mp, even more if there are job, moaning wife, kid(s), pet(s).

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. roszman

To give justice to Reiza my manners weren't so good with "so i think I deserve "f..k off" at least " and stuff ;)

Last edited: May 11, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. ricxx

Scheduled races are exactly what I was looking for, and apparently many other people feel the same. The reason why I hadn't joined RCO or Justrace is pure laziness.

Would love to see slightly longer races if that's a possibility, I think 20 mins is nothing too crazy, even in Rookie, Maybe also a mandatory pitstop, that'd be perfect.

15. WarmRed

From bronze level the races are already longer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ricxx

Yeah I know, imo especially the Rookie races would benefit massively from slightly longer races. It makes for a bit more relaxed racing, people can recover from mistakes and maybe don't think they need to get to the front asap and start driving away.

12 mins is an ok race length, I still enjoyed it but 20 mins would be much better.

17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's just say a fair bit of skepticism is healthy, nothing against RCO specifically. Plenty of services have tried to do the "third party iRacing" concept, and few of them have succeeded.

I'll fully admit I was probably too skeptical at first, but the sales pitch and flood of new accounts with similar wording early in this thread's history felt like Amazon reviews for a sketchy product. In hindsight, some of those new forum members could've been legit traffic from the YouTube reviews of RCO.

From the little I've used RCO practice servers, I'm impressed. I still haven't found an active race yet given player count on RCO is still too low when I'm on, but it's a nice concept.

I'll try and see if I can find others racing in my time bracket, but especially in Western Hemisphere time zones I don't think there's enough players to bracket into different ratings systems yet. You may have an issue where Rookie and Bronze races are the only populated servers given anything higher can't find enough people. As an A license iRacing Dirt Road driver, this is an issue I run into a lot. Even the pro drivers spend more time in the rookies and D class races because A-B class rarely has more than 4 drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

If you were already ignored, I think your manners were fine ;) Especially if people are buying AMS2 to try out RCO.

19. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually really like the 12 minute races! 20 minutes is ok (I believe the SRS races are that long) but still a little too long for what I'm interested in. If theres longer options available in higher tiers than everyone should be ok.

20. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I do think it’s great system , very clever and ambitious , from my observation Reiza don’t tend to respond to demands . so initial postings may have been a bit strong .

It’s hard to quantify if RCO is bringing in new users or just engaging people that have always had the title in there steam library , but don’t spend much time in it .

exponential growth in a short period of a week of the service can just as easily be followed by dramatically falling off . there’s always a honeymoon period .
    users join , try and either comeback for more , or leave idle for another look later on if they see consistent numbers .

So i think it’s bullish to be seeking Dev collaboration so early .

just keep working on it and let the numbers talk .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1