1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza and racecraft.online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, May 3, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Look at my "demands" in first post of this thread. I didn't demanded collaboration, maybe it was bullish to bring angry mob ;) with me, but I just wanted to get Reiza attention to get simple answer.
    I wasn't sure if they got my previous messages, so I've used RCO hype to make sure they will get this one.

Imagine what would happen if they respond to me in some generic diplomatic way, the hype and grids would get bigger and bigger.
    And that's what I am after, bigger grids in online races.

I am pretty sure that Reiza read this thread and their silence is the answer - they are not interested.

I've built RCO to prove that iRacing like service can be free or a lot cheaper. But I didn't done that for grater good only ;) I wanted to somehow make money out of it.

Currently, due to Reiza silence and gossips about JR based multiplayer, there are no incentives for me to keep working on AMS2 multiplayer.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  2. roszman

So thank you guys for your great support. Again, it was super great to read all those comments, I could only dream about so great community vibes.

I got all the answers I wanted ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

im in Aus so possible, i get more people in private leagues / discord leagues in our timezone though, maybe us antepodeans just not clued on yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

What does this mean?
    Right now it costs your own money. So will you shut RCO for AMS2 down?

• Like Like x 1
  5. roszman

No, no. It just mean that I will prioritize down development of AMS2 related features.

I will try to keep RCO going for as long as I can ;)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I think you did a great job with RCO even if in my opinion, it lacks a "casual" level in which all the help is possible. The number of connections shows that your idea is shared by many.
    However, from reading your messages, I have the feeling that you are trying to "force the hand" of Reiza. It is a personal reading.
    Keep up the good work, Reiza is certainly aware of what you are doing. If they are interested, they will definitely come to you.

7. roszman

Thanks ;)

Really, I only tried to force the answers to my initial questions. I think I got them.

I don't think RCO should compete with Reiza multiplayer thing, that's why I will try to improve support for other sims, at the expense of AMS2 related features. That's all, it's nothing personal, no threats or anything, just my honest response.

Do you think it make sense to spend my free time to improve AMS2 multiplayer while knowing that Reiza will not support RCO and that there is a big chance for AMS2 native ingame multiplayer system? Personally I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

well he has stated he wanted to make money out of it , so I think it’s obvious. There’s only two ways that would happen, selling it off , or subscription model, but then I don’t see how that could happen , because it’s using assets that belong to his target client … :whistle:

9. roszman

There is third model: sponsorship/ads. I am trying to do my best to make RCO as free of charge for sim racers as possible.

I don't use any assets that belongs to anyone, except few screenshots and logos :p, I've read ams2 dedi eula, so I am good on that end. Reiza can change ams2 dedi eula and can kill AMS2 in RCO just like that, that's also why I wanted answers to my questions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. roszman

11. roszman

Nvm.

This thread is going to nowhere. Thank you guys one more time ;)

EDIT.
    To clarify: "making money out of it" = at least pay for the servers

12. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I admire your entrepreneurialism . But sponsorship/ ads .. in a niche market within a niche market is rather ambitious.
    You need much bigger numbers for that .

13. roszman

How much money do RCO costs me?

You don't know my costs.

The point of this thread was also to make RCO "numbers" bigger. This attempt partially failed.

Really we can discuss all week long and we'll not get to any important conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

@roszman

Just signed up and gave it a go. Read the quick instructions. Did the 3 lap challenge. Registered for race. Off we go. Worked seamlessly.

Good luck mate. I can see you've put a lot of work into it and I think it'd be great if Reiza could at least reach out to you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. roszman

Thx, at this moment I don't think they need to reach out to me, their stance is pretty obvious.

Overall I am very happy with RCO and with all this (mostly ;) ) positive feedback.

Big thanks to Reiza for letting me use their forum to promote RCO and to not ban me when I came to their doors with torch and pichfork :D

Wish Reiza all the best with their multiplayer system, if it will be any good I will be the first one to jump the ships ;)

Thank you guys again for all your comments and positive energy, keep it up ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

RCO is in contrast to many other third party things also from the web design very successful and coherent. Do you do this professionally or do you just have a talent. If function and design are so coherent it can only have success.

17. roszman

Thanks ;)

I have almost 20 years of experience in software development industry and I am building and designing RCO-like and bigger systems in my daily job.
    Frontend was built by my brother in law who is also a professional frontend developer.

I believe mix of experience, talent an passion gave birth to quality and coherence ;)

RCO is just small sample of our skills ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. roszman

Yeah, modesty is not in this list :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think RCO shines is in its simplicity. Just now I was looking around for AMS2 races to maybe join later. To get onto any on the other sites requires a lot more time and effort than RCO does. That for me is the biggest plus point and I hope it keeps going, it got me back into AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is clear that Reiza is working on something for MP that's going to be integrated in-game. We'll have to wait and see what exactly they're working on, but my guess is it's going to be some kind of scheduled racing and matchmaking system.

I just want to say that I really appreciate the passion and the effort that goes into things like RCO that help improving the racing experience, and I do hope as well that it keeps going!

• Like Like x 2