1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza, you're killing me..

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really don't know what to do.. I think I am psychotic. There are too many choices, too many cars, too many tracks! And every one is so well done, from the sound, to the feel of the car on the road, to the sounds of the car on the road... the little details, the squeaks, the bumps, the rubs, the.. lol.. I don't know.. it sounds like I'm really in a car and I'm pushing it to where a bolt may come loose ..!
    I wish you would have made some of the cars really bad, so I could just focus on the best ones, lol.. but noooo.. every single car in this game, is so well done, from the karts to the formula 1 cars.. geez..
    Today I spent most of my Sunday (should have been outside lol), racing karts, then semi trucks, then old school opalas, chevettes, the feel of the trucks.. the sound of that diesel engine and the way those things handle (or don't lol)... the karts.. those little 2 cycle engines.. taking years to come up to speed.. just like in real life.. the old 70s era Chevette.. brings back memories.. it feels like I remember it should...Each car has its own sound, its own feel.. and the tracks.. I don't know what to say..
    The track in Ecuador, "Yahuacocha" ...something lol... this has to be THE most beautiful race track I have ever seen in ANY simulator. The view is breathtaking.. For sure this track is going on my custom championship list .. maybe twice in one season lol...
    Today I was just jumping into various tracks, using real weather.. and in one race, the weather was changing from wet/rain to dry/sunny... still some patches of water on the track.. occasionally I get windshield splatter (when behind another car)... just ... so much detail not found in other sims.. my thought was about AC and how you can maybe get rain if you mod the heck out of it and hope your track has this thing or that thing... lol.. I've already deleted these games... it's hard to go back to them after this...
    All I can say is thanks..??? or maybe .. why are you making me spend my Sunday afternoon inside???? !!!

• Like Like x 6
  2. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

This is good, but Reiza also have to remember that are some things that could and should be improved. P1 Ginetta for example still as a "Project Cars 2 simcade feel" to it (Yes, I hate those words too), while the DPI feel way more communicative to the point you can already feel the rubber on the tyres (RF2 style).

Reiza is doing a really good job. But the improvement cannot stop.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks John. I have confidence that the improvements will not stop, but let's hope!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

@azaris, it would be better if you said what you disagree with my post instead of just click on disagree button.. just saying....Do you think The Ginetta is on the same level of the DPI? Do you think the Ginetta is on RF2 level?
    Maybe you´re a little undemanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You may prefer the DPi over the G58, but that doesn't make the G58 "simcade" (what a ridiculous meaningless term).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Everybody who has been around during GSCE and then AMS knows one thing:
    Reiza keeps working on their titles.until they are finished.
    Not just "feature complete", but finished with everything that goes along with it.

Guess that's what happens when you put a really dedicated team together to build something that's more than your job, but your passion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

The Ginetta G58 is a fantastic car in the real world and Reiza managed to translate it very well to AMS2. If you watch Fabio and Wagner Ebrahim driving the Ginetta G57 (pretty much identical to G58) in the Emperio Endurance Brasil you will realize how close it is to the AMS2 counterpart. It also needs to be mentioned that you can not directly compare cars running in different classes. The G58 is somewhere close to LMP3 while the DPI is based on a LMP2 class race car (Dallara P217) and that alone is a huge difference. You can actually buy the G58 brand new for around $200000 while the DPi cost 4 times of that without the upgrades. You can buy a used one for about $550000. Calling the G58 a simcade car is more or less a baseless claim plus the term simcade itself is rather annoying than anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

It´s not what I prefer. Is what the car feels. Even you, without much experience, can distinguish a car from Need for Speed from the car from AMS 2 right?
    What it feels more real? Need for speed or AMS2 ?
    See? even you can tell the diference between an arcade/simcade and a simulator.
    The rest comes with the experience. You will be capable to notice the little details... even the smallest thing. You will notice little "simcade" nuances.
    And if you come for example from RF2 to the AMS 2 Ginetta car you will smell the simcade within 30 seconds of driving (remember the need for speed thing?). It´s possible. Comes with the practice and knowing what is out there on the other sims.
    In the AMS2 you have AMAZING cars, like the RSR and then you have more "simcade" feeling cars like the Ginetta. It´s normal. RF2 also has cars with bad feeling.
    One possibility is that the first cars on AMS 2 did not had the same attention/fine tuning than the last DLC cars....yet! That´s why I said that I hope Reiza don´t stop with the work on the "older cars". Capiche?

9. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

Sorry.. i really like AMS 2 but the Ginetta G57 is bad. It needs a lot of work. I can stop calling it simcade, but it´s easiest way to explain the way the car feels. It does not feel connected, the FFB is "shaking" but it´s artificial. It has the well known Project Cars feel.
    Sometimes it´s good to stop a little and see what is out there. Because if you only drive in one sim, you get used to the bad feeling. Again, I love AMS 2, and it has fantastic cars. The ginetta is not one of them. I´m sure in 1 year or so, all of this will be pointless, because I´m sure Reiza will improve it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Micropitt

I think it is safe to say that you are the first and perhaps the only person stating that the Ginetta G58 has bad physics and needs improvement. Of course, you are entitled to your personal opinion. On the other hand, maybe you can try to adjust some of your FFB settings or use one of the superb custom FFB files from here:
    Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations | Reiza Studios Forum
    I use this files myself and they make a huge difference, much more detailed than the FFB that comes with AMS2. I can only encourage you to give it a try.
    In general, it doesn't matter how the car compares to a car in a different Sim. What matters is how it compares to the real world car and with the G58, Reiza has hit the nail on the head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

Ok, if say so.. it´s the best thing in the world. An exact replica of the real car and the best Ginetta ever made :rolleyes:
    You´re not helping Reiza by saying here that a mediocre car is fine. Try the DPI and try to feel the difference. The easiest way to understand: You will feel the rubber on the DPI. The FFB is way less artificial and so on. Obviously the cars are different, but that´s not the point.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I can't comment on how the cars feel relatively, as they're two I've not yet driven, but I agree with your sentiment about how criticism is reacted to by some (and this is true of all forums, not just this one). Criticism shouldn't be taken as if it were a personal insult, as this will put people off expressing their concerns, which is ultimately unhelpful to us all.

Perhaps each and every car needs a rolling poll of "It's great", "It's okay", "It's suspect", It's awful", and then there would be a consensus about how they each feel rather than isolated complaints that are hard to keep track of. Or you could have a week where Reiza ask us to focus on one car and put our thoughts into a thread for that one car, then this will be the strong consensus (with more detail than a simple poll could have about what it is we do and don't like) that Reiza can work from.

I do feel like it's slowly improving, as I have been inclined to spend more time on it lately, so long live the criticism to keep driving it forwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha. AMS 2 is killing me as well. Too bad it's soo hot here at the moment and my body dislike it. Seems it makes me play less AMS 2 and more FM21/Grandia 2. Hope it dips under 20 again soon... but this week probably going to reach 30's .. Time to emigrate to Ireland/Schotland :D

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I”m from the southern part of the Netherlands and we definitely will see the temp raising to 30 or more this week. :eek::(

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I have my rig in the basement. Great in summer. Shït in winter.

16. Micropitt

You shouldn't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. That seems highly un-productive, don't you think? Like I said before, I don't experience the issues you are having.

17. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

@Micropitt @azaris
    Check this video from Jimmy. It´s what he feel about the DPI and YES, the Ginetta is even worse (way worse) :

If you don´t know him, he is now a real racing driver. He knows what the car should feel :

The good thing is that Reiza also knows what the car should feel. It´s a work in progress. So relax, if you like the car now, you will like it even better in the future.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1