1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reiza17 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by xnorb, Jun 22, 2016.

1. roby13

roby13 Active Member Reiza Backer

I meant exactly that. The feeling of a generic driving simulation against a racing simulation. I know that includes some big and probably hard to get licenses, but instead of that, reiza could cleverly use the community with "unofficial" support for example. Imagine an unofficial 2017 f1 season downloadable as mod but with reiza standards

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. taylajee

taylajee Member Reiza Backer

What generic feeling? The racing simulation is top notch because of the excellent physics and FFB in addition to various options and settings that let you emulate a race weekend that is true to the real thing. Each car in the game has its own character, unlike other "highly praised" so called racing simulators where most cars feel the same, or at best, very very similar to each other although they belong to various different racing disciplines, old and new! Let alone that you can't really replicate a race weekend like you can do in AMS.
    We do have, for example, the 2017 spec. F1 car. All you need to do is download some skins and get an F1 simulator that feels far more authentic than all the Codemasters official stuff.
    I don't want to sound like a fanboi (though I think I am :p), but to me AMS is anything but a generic driving simulation, as you call it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Atsuki

Atsuki Member Reiza Backer

"unofficial 2017 f1 season downloadable as mod"

this exists, but you need to dig a little.

4. roby13

roby13 Active Member Reiza Backer

I know, but I'd rather have it with reiza quality and consistency than fragments from various moders. And there are guys out there who really know what they're doing and not just copy paste numbers.
    But there are also other ways to get there, like for example having more shape variations, like the 60's car, with a bit more alternatives in noses, wings etc that could better resemble a season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Erwin

Erwin New Member

Some more thoughts about several small* things I like to see improved in a future title.
    • Smoother panning/zooming of the camera in manual mode (End key), and faster moving of camera position (Numpad) to choose a nice custom position.
    • Smart camera mode, that keeps multiple cars together in view when other cars are nearby the selected car. For example during an overtake, it doesn't just focus on your car, but zooms out a bit and simply follows the centerpoint between two cars. And at the start, there are probably many cars around you, then it also should take the average position of all nearby cars, and zoom out even more.
    • Share replays moments in chat, by clicking a button which puts a link in the chat that others can click (a link containing: timecode, playerID & cameraID, so the receiver sees the same footage).
    • Rewind (Left key) at a higher speed than -1x. Because if you want to see an overtake again at a different angle, rewinding should be quick and easy.
    • Animated marshals and flags/displays. Would be cool and immersive to actually see the chequered flag waved at you at the finish. At the cool down lap, all marshalls wave different flags.
    • Post-race screen with lap chart, fastest laps. Perhaps even a replay compilation with interesting moments from the race (start, overtakes, crashes).
    • Store timings of the previous sessions in a separate timing tab; during warm-up, I could look at the qualy times.
    • Add tyre type, and pitlane times, to the race logs.
    • Faster startup of the game, faster menus, less freezes, change the cursor icon when something's loading.
    • Realisic wheel-to-wheel collisions for open-wheelers.
    • Keep track of history of setup changes, like in photo editors; allow undoing changes, no need to save/load each time, etc.
    • Currently there's an image of the weekly time trial on startup, but maybe a button in the menu that selects and loads the track/combo for you automatically would attract more players to it.
    • HUD that shows and updates your world ranking in time trial after every lap. It would motivate me if I could see that I jumped from P43 to P40 after a good lap.
    • Track map with player car centered. Would be more helpful as you can then see traffic further behind when (re)joining the track.
    • Show qualy session duration in pit garage info, so you know how long it takes after practice session. Also show if parc fermé is used.
    • When a lap is invalidated, keep the timers running, keep showing the deltas, and even store the laptime in the logs for post race race analysis. Just flag the invalidated laps.
    *As details take a lot of time to develop, I wound't mind if it had less content as a trade-off.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member Staff Member Reiza Backer

If you hold Ctrl + Left Arrow, it rewinds faster. (Down + Left also works for slowrewind)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member Reiza Backer

pls add option to run directly in oculus vr mode (to be able to skip steamvr), a lot of games for oculus owners run better without steamvr

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. BKM

BKM New Member Reiza Backer

My wish list for AMS2:

- Divisão 1 and Divisão 3 cars from the 70's and 80's
    - Brasileiro de Marcas from the 80's
    - Clio Cup or something similar (a small lightweight FWD with a smaller displacement engine like the HB20 Cup recently launched in Brazil or, at least, something under Marcas but more modern than the TC Classics)
    - Possibility to import tracks from PC2 to AMS 2 (specifically the Nürburgring)
    - Some kind of editor for car skins (like the Customize car from iRacing)
    - Something similar to the DRM Revival from Assetto Corsa
    - Hillclimbs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Active Member Reiza Backer

• Like Like x 2
  10. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member Reiza Backer

11. Sandr08

Sandr08 New Member Reiza Backer

Save Game no AMS2. (Save Game on AMS2.)

12. BKM

BKM New Member Reiza Backer

Oh another thing i believe should be in AMS2, a big parking lot without obstacles so we can train car control (in special drift cars). I'm really bad at the drifting cars because i`m always crashing into something :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

Joking aside, some sort of auto-cross, skid pad, parking lot thingy would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 3