1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rFactorSharedMemoryMap.dll

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Links & Resources' started by gongo, May 9, 2016.

1. knackko

knackko New Member

I see in your code that you search AMS process, but can it be also be done for rfactor? new suffix for the shared memory file: rf,ams?

2. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

rFactor will still be supported by this plugin DLL on the next release, but after that I'll be adding a lot of Automobilista-specific changes.

I realize that rFactor is still quite popular in many racing clubs, but there are many features that I would like to bring to Automobilista that will likely break rFactor compatibility and being that I don't really play rFactor anymore, I don't have the time to test it. The good news is that you can fork my project and backport any changes that I make in the future and the code compiles just fine with both Visual Studio Community (available for free from Microsoft here: Free Dev Tools - Visual Studio Community 2015). I've tested it with both the 2013 and 2015 releases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. knackko

knackko New Member

I'm going to install Visual Studio Community, it support python too !? do you make your python devs with it Gongo?

4. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo

No, I use Sublime for almost all of my programming needs. I'm a Linux dev.

Anyway, being that your project is not related to this plugin or Automobilista, it might be best to create a separate thread to post about your project so we don't clutter this thread with it. We can continue our discussion of Python and rFactor 1 in your thread. I would like to keep this thread on the subject of the plugin DLL, its development, and its integration with Automobilista. Thanks.

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft have an open source Python Tools for Visual Studio. You can install it from the extension manager. I've had it installed a few times but never really used it so I can't vouch for it personally but it seems to be the 'official' if you will option if you want to stick in VS.

6. Henrique Brasileiro

Henrique Brasileiro New Member

Hi gongo, very nice your work. You could tell me where do you find the names of the variables in for exemple: VehicleScoreingInfo,
    Thanks!

7. Berno

Berno New Member

I have a number of users for my app DashPanel asking why DRS doesn't work with AMS.
    Is there any update on when this info might be available in the expansion memory?
    Thanks