1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RST Telemetry App by RacingSimTools

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Zeraxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah definitely will try to get an AMS2 video out, just been slammed on this massive update which turns all of our graphs into GPU rendered graphs. Also took notes of your feedback from the post above, I agree we need a better way to "manage" laps.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Papifix

Papifix New Member AMS2 Club Member

why should I give my cell phone number in your Discord channel when I want to post something? This is not necessary in other channels.

3. Zeraxx

Our discord requires discord users to have 2-FA to prevent bots from joining our server which we had issues with in the past. Its a setting in discord so its nothing that we have deployed and RST doesn't see your phone number.

4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I was just wondering if you could post a Discord invite for RST?

5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Love RST. Wish AMS2 had parameters though...Like an nice easy place to find them for a lazy lazy like me!!!

6. Zeraxx

Its that time again!!! RST is excited to announce version 2.1.0 which includes the updates below

IMPORTANT!!!! I found the issue with the last update and the auto updater that was causing a lot of you issues, and required you to delete your autologin.txt, I resolved it in this build however you will need to manually uninstall and reinstall the application again, going forward you will receive automatic updates without any issues......I promise =P

To download the new update:
    1) Go to your control panel > Add and Remove Programs.
    2) Find "RST Software" and then click uninstall, wait for the program to uninstall.
    3) Then, go to RacingSimTools.com and click on the download button or just hit this link https://pc2tuner.blob.core.windows.net/rst-software-installer/RST Installer.exe
    4) Run the Setup.exe, and install the app using the wizard.
    5) Open the app the first time as an admin, (you will not need to do this going forward).

After following the steps above you should have the new version of RST and will receive automatic updates in the future. If you have any issues or questions please let us know in the #bug-reporting channel.

RELEASE 2.1.0
    New Features:

1) If you deselect a "sel lap" the data is now removed from the graphs.
    2) Added Smoothing function to timeslip.
    3) Updated the Splashscreen.
    4) Set Min Axis values on Gearing graphs to 0.
    5) Set Min Axis values on Temp Graphs (except track/ambient temp) to 0
    6) Set Min Axis values on Run Graphs to 0.
    7) Set Min Axis values on various Drivers Graphs to 0.
    8) Added Startup Auto Game Selection.
    9) Added styling to various graphs to highlight the zero line.
    10) Constrained the graphs to the size of the data, now you can only zoom so far that out that the data fits the graph and no more.
    11) Added Scrollbar indicator at the bottom, this shows you how far zoomed in you are and where in the data you are currently viewing.

Bug Fixes:
    1) Car Params Screen crash.
    2) Fixed issue where Optimal Tire Temp Run Chart wasn't diplaying correctly.
    3) Fixed issue where Fuel vs. Time Run Chart wasn't diplaying correctly.
    4) Fixed issue where Understeer Angle Run Chartwasn't diplaying correctly.
    5) Fixed issue where Damper Histos Zero Node wasn't showing a value.
    6) Fixed issue where F1 2019 was updating the car params incorrectly.
    7) Fixed AutoUpdate.
    8) Changed Min Value of Speed Graph for Throtlte Acceptance Driver Tab.
    9) Car Params Screen crash.
    10) Fixed issue with Zero Node not updating sometimes.
    11) Fixed issue with datalabels not updating if the first lap was selected.
    12) Fixed issue where Braking line sometimes woudln't graph on "DrivingLine" if no other graphs had been viewed first.
    13) Changed Scrollbar color to be more visible when selected.
    14) Changed the layout of the Session Label so long session names don't push the session edit buttoins off screen. 15) Fixed issue where car position and labels wouldn't update when moving the cursor if only 1 lap was loaded. 16) Added more criteria for the ACC Lap Logic to improve lap detection in hotlap.

• Like Like x 5
  7. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Is RST able to extract a dyno graph for each car I drove? This graph is in AC and really useful in some aspects. I want to optimize my shifting speed/rpm in the first hand.
    I already have an excel tool which gives this but it requires torque/rpm graph input. So I hope to get this data from RST maybe even further auto calculated things.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelreserv

It most definitely does.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Any news on this yet please. recently purchased and would like to use with as little "hassle" as possible

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. steelreserv

As far as I know there are no plans to import auto-parameters for AMS2.

2 suggestions to mitigate this issue though. You should have access to ALL of the games that provide parameters. (PC2, ACC). You can find the closest car and transfer them manually when you save your AMS2 parameters.
    Second. Join the discord. If someone has parameters, they will share them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Maser V6

Thanks Steel.
    However I do not want to spend another 15 bucks or so on another license just for this missing info. pc2 license plus some car data is not the same ie procar gr ratios
    It would be nice and more appropriate to have a file/ of data /link here in ams 2 rather than run around discord. Especially if there is no intention for this crucial element to not be in app.
    If there is indeed no intent then I feel I have wasted money and should have chose another app.

12. steelreserv

Hmm, they switched to a subscription model a month or so ago. Did you purchase more than a month ago? No matter, Im a legacy purchaser myself as well.

Yeah, plugging in parameters is laborious. What I can say is you get used to it. As far as I know theres no other app that can do this beside motec and thats even more complicated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ToMythTo

Currently the tool seems have some work to do but makes it’s job good enough. However the share community is too weak especially in terms of AMS2 data. Afaik Nils sell his alien drive times data by that subscription method.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've asked RST developers some time ago about that and the answer i've received was something like "Car parameters are encripted in AMS2 and as a consequence RST needs some action from Reiza". Catch 22.

I'm sure you know there is a Discord channel for RST where you can ask for help.
    AMS2 forum isn't appropriate to share RST discussions.

NB: Maybe you have wasted money but considering RST changed from licensing all-time-specific-titles (15EU each) to a subscription all-titles-model (60EU/year or ...$/month), you (and me) are lucky.

15. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree but...
    I'd never buy any setup from anyone. The reason I'm using a telemetry software is to develop for my own. :) ;) :cool: :D :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Maser V6

Thanks for reply.
    Its RST discussion thread not mine,
    but a link to a data or zip file set for the ams2 as said would be nice, placed here or onsite,
    (always encounter problems with discord login just tried again)
    Maybe @Renato Simioni will help RST in data?. who knows, but Im out for now
    As you said.
    "Car parameters are encripted in AMS2 and as a consequence RST needs some action from Reiza". Catch 22.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

It would be much better if AMS2 as some of the other serious racing games was able to output telemetry in a format convertible to the full professional telemetry and analysing tool MoteC i2.

ByTheWay: Together with McLaren Atlas MoteC is more or less the mandatory telemetry tool in RL racing :cool:

18. ToMythTo

AFAIK Motec files are copy righted. Reiza may need to pay them for using their format api whatever, which in this case not so feasible.

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Its only in a strict principally sense you are right.:cool:
    Because the australian owners of MoteC has never asked any of the programmers who have created "converter" progs from all the more established racing sims to MoteCs format to pay any fee.
    OK?:p

The reason is that MoteC allready knows these published "converter" programs - but probably has decided that instead of getting a lot of bad publicity by opening a lawsuit against some small programmers - they get a lot of free publicity by letting users of iRacing, rF2, ACC, GTR, GTR2 and other sims use the free downloadable version of MoteC i2.

ByTheWay: The reason I try to advocate a bit for MoteC compatibility here is because as a longtime user of MoteC in iRacing and rF2 I know how much better (and easy to use ;)) this tool is compared to all the more toy-ish socalled "telemetry" programs out there.:cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. steelreserv

Just to be clear. RST was developed by real racing engineers, who use Motek.

They have an ongoing professional relationship with Aris & ACC and a partnership with Niels Najouks, a professional esports driver (ACC). The only difference between RST and Motec, is Motec gives the user more customization options which adds exponential complexity. RST on the other hand was designed to be user friendly and accessible for sim racers in particular. It reads the same data channels that Motec does, and provides the same information.

The developers manage a discord where you have direct access to them and the RST community for questions and discussions, many of whom I would consider to be experts in their own right as well.

I thought it important to say before anyone who hasn't used the software starts blowing hot air and throwing shade.

• Agree Agree x 2