1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RWB Copa Petronas De Marcas League

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Rodders, Nov 10, 2016.

1. CosimoCar

CosimoCar New Member

Hi,
    Can I join the race tonight?
    What I have to do?

Thanks
    Cosimo

2. Auduns75

Auduns75 RWB Audi AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, the race was yesterday. However, sign up on our website, http://www.rwb-racing.enjin.com/home

We are running races on both ams and pcars almost every night. The signup for the league has ended, but there will be room for subs throughout.

See you there :)

3. CosimoCar

CosimoCar New Member

Sure, Thanks :)

4. Rodders

Rodders Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Cosimo - yeah there should be sub spots as there is never a week someone can't make it.

If you could try and get on with us at least one night this week though so we can race with you before letting you loose in our league race ;)

The first race was a cracker. I was really worried before it there could be a pile up as it's such a thin tight track but hats off to everyone - wonderful driving and a really exciting 48 laps round Putnam. Totally different experience this week - Beunos Aires No.12 - wide and fast. Can't wait :)

5. Rodders

An ever so slightly belated race report - cracking race all. So many micro battles going on through the field. I must have had direct races against about 8 different people!

1st in the league crashed out, Kevin Cox got a win to take a clear lead in the league, 2-6th place super close and then all the way down the field it's close.

Quick rough an ready cut of the first few laps - Link

Looking forward to Nurburgring.

6. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Me too. Had a cracking practice race against the AI so should be even more fun against real people.

I think people are going to enjoy this one as I think a few have been struggling with fighting against the understeer and then oversteer characteristics of the car. Did some practice with the stock setup and even at the Schumacher esses, where I was expecting it to get a little leary, it was pretty solid.

Hoping that means I'll be consistent and, most importantly, confident in the car to be fighting further up the pack this time out. :)

7. Rodders

Yeah the type of corners on Nurburgring seems to suit the car better but I did notice the track condition really affects the car here.

8. hashegotabeard

Round 4 @ Montreal is tonight.

Looks like it'll be more close battles at the front of the pack.

Will Kevin cement his lead in the Driver's standings before the Christmas break?

9. Rodders

No he won't, as he never made it lol. Not sure what happened as he was on the test server earlier in the night but done 6 laps then left. Wheel problems maybe?

A bit late getting the results updated as our scores guy is away but it'll be change at the top and a good lot of shuffling about in the standings with a few top drivers missing the race allowing others to catch up.

Back on the 7th at Road Atlanta ;)

10. Rodders

We are half way through the De Marcas league now and I think it's been more demanding than many of us expected. The De Marcas were supposed to be an easier to drive car for our first full league to give everyone a chance to compete but damn the cars can be tricky! There has been some fantastic races going on through the field though, some of the most gruelling and exciting we've had.

While indeed there has been some great racing (Montreal was a surprise - super intense), attrition has been more of an issue than expected. Most of the top drivers have missed at least one race so far this season so the top of the table isn't quite what we expected at this stage. Some of this has to do with the time of year though so I sincerely hope that we are back to over 20 in each race in the new year. There might be a 35 point difference from 1st to 5th place but given the points going out this league, that can evaporate in one race so there is still everything to race for. Back with Road Atlanta on 7th Jan - a fantastic flowing track but some tricky corners for the De Marcas.

We are having a big Christmas event on Friday 30th - 5 themed races starting at 9pm and taking us through until about mid-night. Feel free to just turn up and run as many races as you feel like - get us on our Discord server here and check out the thread about the event here.

Otherwise have a great Christmas all and I hope Santa is good to you!

11. Rodders

Saturday is the finale of our De Marcas league - a gruelling 25 lap race around Bathhurst.

The league has seen some fantastic racing, some of the best I've seen in a Sim racing league that RWB have held. The difficulty of driving the De Marcas at pace has been tough for everyone - we started with 25 in the first race but by Round 7 there were 16 on the grid - there were casualties :) The De Marcas are easy to drive but difficult to master. Lift off oversteer devils.

Overall the racing and driving quality has been excellent with a race going on almost everywhere through the field. 1st place is realistically down to 2 drivers though 3rd place could steal it if the front runners get a DNF, all too likely on the unforgiving Bathhurst!

Team wise it looks like Team Honda have it in the bag.

I sincerely hope to see some of you that lost your mojo back for the finale as it should be a race to remember.

Cheers - Rodders.

12. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi@Rodders, any chance to enter Bathurst as wildcard? I just saw in the ams servers the combo marcas/bathurst, and that sounds like fun :D

13. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Paulo, saw you joined the website, shouldn't be a problem you can sub for someone that can't make it, just jump onto our discord server on the main page of the website an hour or so before the race.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Charger :) Does cars are awesome to drive! I just have one little problem, I canĀ“t find at what time does the race start? since it is the weekend, it is a bit more difficult to plan the day in order to have free time...

15. hashegotabeard

21:30 GMT Qualifying starts, which is 15 mins duration but you're limited to 6 laps.

There's a brief warmup and then a formation lap to start the race. It's fixed laps but usually is the equivalent of 1 hour of racing. Should wrap up approx 23:00GMT.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The qualy will most likely be a bit longer to allow for 6 laps as the lap is over 2 mins, but the rest as above.

17. Rodders

Hey Paulo - yeah as Charger said all good for you to join in.

For the last race I'm making a few tweaks. The limited qualy laps is gone (this is more to avoid the bugs that limited qualy laps has as you'll be lucky to do 6 qualy laps in 15 mins on Bathhurst :)) and we will be doing a rolling start behind the pace car.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hashegotabeard

Just a heads up. If you're running Patrick's latest version of Bathurst (released earlier this week) as either the standalone or Mega Track Pack you'll get a mismatch with the league server.

Re-installing version 1.02 from here Bathurst should get you in.

19. Rodders

Well Bathhurst didn't disappoint and was a great finale to a great league.

I'd like to thank everyone that took part, even if you only made it to a few races and it's my job now to try and make our next league one where you don't want to miss a race :)

We are taking a league brake in February and will be running a series of different events including a few unusual race formats so watch out for them and hope to see you there.

Cheers - Rodders.