1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save Mid Race?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bhabani Sankar Mishra, May 3, 2023.

1. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Accepting the apparent complication/impossibility of saving and reloading the live track state - I think many who want this feature would be quite happy with a save/load system that just approximated everything upon loading - i.e. the rubbering-in level, wetness level, weather slots, etc - and placed all the cars back in more-or-less the same spots with the same fuel/tires/damage, etc. - then maybe do the equivalent of a rolling start with a short count-down to get things back under way.

The loaded game could effectively be an entirely new race session based on a saved config with a pre-incremented lap-count. Instead of a full race replay, you could have a separate ones for each saved race segment, etc.

Not suggesting that would be easy to do (there may be all sorts of reasons it wouldn't work), but I suspect a compromise solution would be much better than nothing for many offline players.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3