1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat position saving/loading issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Jan Mikuž, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member Reiza Backer

The seat position not saving/loading properly is still present. Was an issue in SCE already.
    Is there a way i can save a custom seat position value for each car permanently, so all these values i set for each of the cars would never interfere and would load up correctly every time ?

I suspect it's because in my case each car has its own controller profile, which i load every time.
    It appears like the custom seat position is tied to these specific controller profiles and sometimes it carries over from other series...not sure..

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo Reiza Backer

I gave up on fiddling with the seating position and now I just edit the cam files directly for each car. It works out better for me since I like to push the view up to the dashboard (I don't like seeing a steering wheel in front of me on screen since I already have my actual steering wheel in front of me...) and when the camera is that far forward, the mirrors aren't visible and the adjustment for the mirrors isn't good enough anyway, so I just run with the virtual mirror up top.

Just make sure to exit and restart AMS every time you edit a cam file, it seems to cache it and doesn't re-read from disk. A little annoying, but worth the hassle to set it up how you like it. Most cars take very similar values for moving the camera forward the same amount.

3. SHOTIME

SHOTIME Member Reiza Backer

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't just turn the virtual wheel off and leave the camera is a more practical position? It's an option in the graphics settings. I think the values are On, Fixed (doesn't rotate), and Off. Anyhow, just a suggestion if you didn't know it was there.

4. gongo

gongo Dan Allongo Reiza Backer

I have the wheel off too. I just don't need the gauges and crap in my view. I also turn off the HUD altogether. I'm using a SRD-9c dash display so there's no point in looking at my dash in-game. It also maximizes the screen use for actually looking outside while still retaining the feel of being inside the car.