1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second Monitor - Timing/Telemetry App

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Matus Celko, Apr 28, 2021.

1. MacSalisbury

MacSalisbury New Member

Attached

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      195.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I don’t think it’s anything there. Maybe follow the instructions on the download page and see if everything is correct on your end. I’m sorry that I can’t help a lot since I use a different telemetry recorder

• Like Like x 1
  3. MacSalisbury

MacSalisbury New Member

Will do - thanks for the help

4. MacSalisbury

MacSalisbury New Member

Downloading a slightly earlier version seems to have worked? Won't question, will just enjoy!

5. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Hi,
    I'm starting to use Second Monitor as a tool to try to make some informed changes on car setup. So far so good, I`m liking it so thanks to the dev for providing the community with such a very useful tool.

While at it, I saw I can have real time info about the sesion/race I'm in and tought it can help me to dial AI strenght setting for my F1 Classic G4 custom championship, so here is my question: Is it possible to see on which tyre compound AI drivers set their fastest lap on every session (P/Q/R), and/or which tyre they are running at real time?

Seems like I'm not be able to find tyre information at all for AI drivers, so some advice or tip will be very welcome.

Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I always use a session before the race, so the is fuel consumption data available. This works fine, but I get no windows with the amount of fuel proposed in multi-class.

Edit: I noticed that this not only with multi-class.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  7. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For now in AMS2, AI always uses the softest compound available. So no need for that ATM.

8. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

This did change in the latest builds? On previous versions I did several tests with the F1CG4 runing full lenght races and they seemed to use only hards, not pitting for rubber, while right now they seems to have some strategies on the couple races I did.

Anyway, is it possible to get that info for AI drivers from the data the game exposes or it is not possible due the lack of it?

Thank you very much.

9. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

This looks like an older version from Github. Some time ago I migrated the project to Gitlab -https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor so be sure to download the app from there. In theory, autoupdate should do automatically, but obviously, didn't.
    AMS 2 shared data doesn't have information about what tyres are the other cars running. In sims where the information is present, you can see what tyres are other drivers running. :)

That's weird. I play multiclass often and it does work for me :D Is it in SP or MP, and is the app running on the same PC, or another?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wilfred de Ruijter

Indeed, it's weird. I use Second Monitor for 2 years (or more) and this problem is of the last 6 months (I guess) and I run Second Monitor on the same PC and I'm up to date with the updates. ATM I cannot tell if it's just SP or MP, but if I can point it out, I will report it here.

11. Matus Celko

If you could also upload the logs next time it happens. Maybe there is something there that will help me figure what's going on :)

12. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Help Please.
    How to turn off colour palette? I have tried ESC key or reclicking tick box next to colour sample does not work for me. A window closing X is not visible in the palette window.

upload_2024-4-24_21-23-11.png

13. Matus Celko

I tried it, and if the focus for that control is lost, you need to pick a color. Immediately after opennig it can be closed by 'escape' key.
    I put it to todo list to see if the behavior can be improved, as this is a 3rd party component I use, it might be complicated :)

14. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Matus Celko You might want to update the wiki page for setting up Second Monitor on a separate computer.

I tried following it and could not get it to work. I was puzzled by the lack of the "Enable Remote Connector" checkbox, I tried editing the generated file, and all sorts of other pointless things.

Eventually I had time this morning to clone the repo and investigate further, and I imagine you already know what I realised - that the checkbox had been superseded by the one marked "Remote" in the list of connectors in the Plugins Manager UI.

That makes total sense now I know what's changed, but (to me at least) it wasn't obvious from the UI.

I suspect this may also be the reason for the "Client can't connect with server in newest release" open issue on GitLab.

Once I got it working and successfully connected there was one more difference from the wiki page details: although the broadcast server UI showed the "no simulator, random" input values, those did not appear on the client side, and it did not say "Remote" in the bottom left corner of the timing UI. Once I ran AMS2 on the server side then "AMS2" appeared there on the client side, which I imagine is the current expected behaviour.

Also while I am at it, I'd like to say thank you for your work on Second Monitor, and anyone else who might have contributed of course :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Matus Celko

Yep, I need to update the wiki, on a lot places.
    But I'm a dev, so proper documentation is my arch-enemy :D
    But I will try to atleast update the most critical parts... like setting the app up :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. CorvusCorax

To follow up my earlier post, I have found that it works well in single player and in multi-player if I am the only person connected, but as soon as there's another player on the server the connection between the Second Monitor server and client becomes very unreliable - with the connection timer restarting every few seconds or so.

I currently have some network conservation settings in place on the server side to see if that helped, which it didn't:
    Second Monitor Plugins Manager screenshot from server.png

My LAN set up is all wired gigabit ethernet. To "proper" NICs, not via USB or whatever.

Is this a known issue, or are there any specific things you'd suggest trying?

17. CorvusCorax

To follow up on my follow up, it may not be a connection issue. I read elsewhere where to find the log that Second Monitor produces, and I notice that it appears to have logged the following for each of what I'd thought were disconnections:

SecondMonitor.Connectors.Remote.RemoteClient | 0 | Peer was detected in different session |

Here's the log file (zipped because it's larger than the upload limit). Examples of what I am talking about can be found at timestamps 2024-05-08 20:14:16.9449, 2024-05-08 20:14:17.4453, 2024-05-08 20:14:39.7436, and so on.

Attached Files:

18. Matus Celko

Thanks for the log, I will have a look.
    After the last update I plan to have more closer look on the remote functionality, but these issues are usually difficult to investigate, so no promises on how long it will take ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Wilfred de Ruijter

Here is the file. I did a MP race (no championship) with GTE-class Corvette at Interlagos. There was no fuel calculation, although I put a time at qualifying.

Attached Files:

20. Matus Celko

Thanks for the log. I might have idea what's happening. Looks like in MP there game first report wrong player car, and only after the session is loaded will the index switch to player car.
    This causes the wrong fuel consumption data to get loaded.
    This doesn't happen in SP, so that's why the issue is limited to MP.

I will try to fix it, and also add some safequards againts similar situation.

• Like Like x 3