1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sequential shifter in Fanatec wheel profile

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by WarmRed, Sep 16, 2022.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When can you finally assign a sequential shifter in a Fanatec Wheel profile? Why is such a glaring and obvious error not fixed? Are there reasons or why is this question never answered?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

If you set the wheel as 'custom' you can assign a sequential shifter.
    I think this might be as much a Fanatec problem as an Automobilista problem...

3. WarmRed

Yes, you can get around this bug with the custom profile, with the price that you have to assign all the buttons manually and can no longer benefit from the well-assigned Fanatec profile, which is the whole point of such a profile.
    It's all about shift up and shift down. It can be no witchcraft to apply this functionality from the custom profile also in the Fanatec profile. With the pedals it also goes to assign these separately.
    A reason why this error is now so long not corrected by Reiza would be great.

4. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Actually I really don't see much of a benefit with pre-assigned buttons, thay never suit what I prefer anyway, so it isn't much of a loss to to a custom setup :)
    But I agree that it would be nice to be able to do this with the Fanatec profiles as well as custom ones, but if it is a limitation caused by Fanatec it isn't really all that much Reiza can do...

5. WarmRed

I see the benefit very well the key assignment is intuitive in most points, what one does not fit you can quickly change.
    The custom profile would still be viable if you could take over the key assignment of Fanatec profile with the copy function but this is also for nothing because the assignment back to zero as soon as you switch the copied profile to custom. I ask what this copy function should be there if not for exactly this use case.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)