1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious problem multiplayer car contacts

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by L3aarg, Apr 2, 2020.

1. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

what I do not understand as this problem is not priority n ° 1 to solve to continue the tests and the progress of this simulator

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Michno

Michno New Member

I do think it's a high priority. but at the same time. it's a team working on it. so other area's will automatically be fixed before this issue is fixed.

The guy that adds cars is not the same that works with network issues

3. Hirzo Schuurman

Hirzo Schuurman New Member

Yeah but it has been a couple of weeks now and we hardly get any feedback from Reiza staff in this topic while the game is unplayable like this. What's the point of a race sim when close racing is impossible?
    This should be a all hands on deck situation.
    Is Reiza confident this problem will get solved is what i would like to know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Michno

Michno New Member

This issue will be solved. timeframe is not something they can give you because if they are late you will riot.

and they did mention this issue in their early access update thingy at the last section.

*edit*

and listen i am just as upset at you. i am stuck playing PC2 because i refuse to pay the extortionate amount that Iracing wants me to pay to play a game that's not even got the best physics. However i dont want to discourage the devs from the great work they have been doing.

5. Norris91

Norris91 New Member

its imposible play with safety ratting with this problem!!it needt to solved first

6. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Reiza is definitely aware but it's not something you can fix easily. Shame that this crept into the EA version though as everyone is avoiding multiplayer now which is half of a game's attractiveness, also bad thing for first impressions and previews/ reviews from YouTubers. Hope it gets sorted asap, we planned our first race next Friday but I guess that will have to be postponed if there is no in between patch this week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hirzo Schuurman

Hirzo Schuurman New Member

How can you be sure they will solve this?

8. Michno

Michno New Member

Well of course i cannot be a 100% sure. However i am a long timer racer in PC2 and since this is based on the same engine i assume that the base of the network system is the same. And currently in project cars i can get as close as i want to the guy infront and no issues arise. i even pushed a friend the other day to give him some extra straight line speed(after the race, for a joke :b)

My best guess to how to fix this issue is that it would have to be the rate at wich the host revices and sends the location info of the cars. seeing as the issue is not there at low speeds but quickly comes once you go over a certain speed.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. antoFPV

antoFPV New Member

where are the dedicated Server :(

10. Norris91

Norris91 New Member

Yo espero desde el primer día

11. L3aarg

L3aarg New Member

This problem is still without solution, we are still waiting for update after update and nothing, cars stick from behind, something inadmissible for a simulator with multiplayer, as it is possible that they do not report on this problem, we all know that this is not solved with dedicated servers, this happened very similar in project cars 1 and then in project cars 2 it was solved, as it could be that such an old error cannot be solved after so many updates, really disappointed the product is unplayable

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just saw that, and it actually scared me. Do you plan to remove the quick hosting system the game has at the moment? That is one of THE key aspects that put it in front of the competition - being able to quickly set up lobbies is an incredibly useful feature, not only for youtube streams, but also for quick, fun races with friends.

Removing it would be devastating, really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Norris91

Norris91 New Member

For play with crazy IA uninstall thhe game

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Do we have any updates on this yet? There are more and more people not willing to play the game until this is fixed. This includes a handful of high profile YouTube Sim Racers. They are a massive part of the publicity for this game. We need information. You are shooting yourselves in the foot here. P2P hosted racing needs to be present and working correctly or the consequences could be dire. You have the potential to make an awesome, world beating sim but letting something so massive, seemingly slip through the net, is heartbreaking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dicra

They don't let it slip through the net. In fact, Mr. Simioni's last April update specifically mentioned that they are "pushing to address problems reported by users concerning glitchy collisions", also clarifying that the issue requires significant attention, and that they're investigating changes to the netcode right now.

Reiza would love to get rid of this, but as of now, this seems to be one of the more complicated bugs in the software, one that can't be rectified by erasing some spelling errors in the code. SMS never managed to patch it in the original Project CARS - although, it admittedly was far less extreme there.
    It's nothing unique to the madness engine, though. Codemasters F1 2012 (but also, to a lesser extent, 2013) also suffered heavily from this.

To be frank, I'm a bit worried. This is a big problem, and it's a problem that seems to be incredibly hard to rectify. If I were to guess (and take that with a whole glass of salt, because I'm neither with Reiza, nor in any way involved with game development), I'd say we're not going to see a truly functioning multiplayer this month.

Of course, you can never quite know with IT. Might also be tomorrow.

As for the P2P part, I wholeheartedly agree. Being able to quickly set up lobbies is the ONLY thing that kept Project CARS 2 in use for big YouTubers, but also for me and everyone I know. P2P lobbies are a really big thing, and if they remove it, or don't care for it as much as the dedicated servers, they clinically remove a large chunk of fun as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

PC2, as CeeBee will confirm after numerous online races with GamerMuscle, does not have this issue (leaving aside issues of lag which affect all on-line racing).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dicra

I know. With the "original Project CARS", I was referring to the first iteration. Which also had a weird sidepod glitch where your car became unable to turn upon side-to-side-contact.

I'm all the more curious why the bug resurfaced in AMS2. Maybe the workaround SMS managed to develop for PC2 could also work here? Probably not, though. They are, after all, different games.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

P2P will remain. I just said that there will be a Dedicated Server Tool.

And the team is deeply investigating the contact issue right now as we speak.

• Like Like x 6
  19. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti Many thanks for the prompt response and the P2P confirmation. I'm sure it will put many minds at ease and certainly helps to make for a brighter future. As for the collision issues, mentioned by @Dicra and @David Wright, they were not present in PC2 (PC1 was a different matter) and we had many a fun evening 'bump drafting' and rubbing doors if we were feeling playful, with no ill consequences in P2P servers with people with 150ms+ pings.I realise that you are working remotely and probably are short-staffed and I understand how difficult it is to get things done in these troubled times. I just hope that this issue is at the top of the memo every morning at 'virtual' Reiza. We can wait for art passes, FFB improvements, skins, gear ratio tweaks etc in the updates. What we are all hoping for is the 0.8.x.x 'Multiplayer Fix' update. Any and all resources should be focussed on this. Best wishes for you with the investigation. Please keep us updated, that is all we ask and above all, thank you for your continued efforts, we are all with you.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  20. CeeBee

CeeBee New Member

Hi @Heitor Facuri Cicoti Reagarding what you said about Dedi Servers....

I think this panicked a few of us as we felt that you were going to make the lobbies Dedi Server only. I think we assumed that you saw P2P servers as the main problem and that by utilising Dedicated Servers that the problem would be solved. Your clarification above has now put this to rest. We look forward to our P2P servers with great anticipation once all of this has been worked out.

• Agree Agree x 1