1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simagic alpha mini causing the game to crash

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Sheiffo, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Sheiffo

Sheiffo New Member

Hi everyone, I've posted a few days ago a thread about my random game crash but I didn't get any advise at all, only a guy told me to do the usual stuff like drivers update, reinstalling the game and deleting the AMS2 file in documents which I did already, now it seams like my Alpha mini is causing the crash somehow as yesterday I deleted again the AMS2 folder and I started from scratch binding my wheel and it kept on crashing, any support? I've sent an email to Reiza but as usual no reply, my last step is to dump the game since I have no luck at all and almost tried everything!!!
    My system
    Triple monitor 1440p
    I9 11900k
    MSI z590 mpg gaming force
    MSI RTX 3080TI SUPRIM X
    32GB RAM at 3200
    500GB ssd for windows
    1TB ssd for games
    Simagic alpha mini wheel
    Heusinkveld sprint pedals

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it crash other games as well? Maybe your poweroutlet / powercord / powerstrip can't handle all the load from the pc, the mini, anything else you attached on it. Or maybe its the PSU failing.

3. Sheiffo

Sheiffo New Member

All other games are working fine!! ACC IRACING RF2 AC

4. GeekyDeaks

GeekyDeaks Member AMS2 Club Member

This might seem a bit random, but have you tried using a different USB port? My mini seems a little bit particular about which port I use (even amongst the 2.0 ones) and I get really bizarre issues that vary amongst sims when it's in one it doesn't like

EDIT: to elaborate, I have seen it hang the sim, get stuck at one FFB constant level, paddles stop working but buttons are ok etc..... all my ports have power save disabled too