1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simhub - bass shakers Wheelslip

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Champrt78, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

This definitely works a lot better than the default Wheel slip effect. One issue that remains is that in fast corners, even though there is grip, the effect triggers, probably due to the strong cornering forces, which isn't slip

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

IMO this will only work if RangeyRover deciphered the telemetry's TyreSlipSpeed property.
    Reiza didn't and call it Obsolete.

3. RnageyRover

RnageyRover Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi All!,
    I'm glad some like the wheel slip effect.
    I didn't decipher mTyreSlipSpeed, but I am using it.
    For what it's worth, it's seems representative.
    I am very interested in Vipers wheel slip plugin, but I haven't played much with it yet
    Here is what's going on in the code

Code:
    //Tyre Speed
    var ts =$prop('GameRawData.mTyreSlipSpeed01')
    //Sway Acceleration
    var sway = Math.pow ($prop('AccelerationSway'),2)
    //surge Acceleration
    var surge = Math.pow ($prop('AccelerationSurge'),2)
    //Always return a positive value of tyre slip multiplied by sway and surge combined(root to reduce small signal noise) * overall desired ratio for the car.
    var raw = ((Math.sqrt(ts))*2)* (Math.sqrt(sway+surge))
    var limited = (-1.97698) + (1.728164*raw) - (0.009718473 * Math.pow(raw,2)) + (0.00001494735*Math.pow(raw,3))
    // ensure a value of 0-100 is always returned
    return Math.min(Math.max(parseInt(limited), 0), 100);
    Shodan is right, to an extent. there IS Wheelslip, but it's magnified by sway acceleration, so in high speed corners it will sound more. I think this is realistic, as you would feel the slip even if it were gripping.

The complicated bit of maths in the middle is just a limiting function, which is entirely based on a graph I thought was relevant and then got a graphing website to make into a formula

upload_2023-10-8_21-5-14.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. newtonpg

May this be useful.
    Data are aproximations based on the posted graph.
    Send me your data if you need a more precise result.

Attached Files:

5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Thanks for the explanation!

I got more playtime and really love it now. I changed the frequencies a bit to better match my other effects, but it's indeed good to feel tyres scrubbing slightly during high speed cornering. This gives you a warning not to push it too far, very informative.

Very happy with my effects now. Will share later if others want to try it.

I use 2 Dayton shakers. Pedal and seat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, please share, I have two daytons under my seat.

7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very interested if you do. I have 2 shakers in the same setup, Aura 50w

8. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Included in this post is the file.

upload_2023-10-14_10-20-53.png

Below the sound output, although many are not really used

upload_2023-10-14_10-22-0.png
    upload_2023-10-14_10-22-36.png

Important note!

I use simhub 8.2.1 When I updated to the latest simhub verison my road impacts were very faint, not sure why. Maybe a bug somewhere.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gustav

Gustav New Member

I was looking for a solution on how to get wheel slip working properly and think I finally found a workiing setup thanks to the tip for using this plugin:
    GitHub - viper4gh/SimHub-Plugin-CalcLngWheelSlip: Plugin for SimHub. It calculates longitudinal wheel slip by the relationship between Tyre RPS and Car Speed and provides the result as new properties.
    I've tested on Sivlerstone with Metalmoro ARJ gen 2 Honda which was impossible to set up correctly for me before with the standard bass shaker wheel slip and wheel lock effects. Here is what I did and works for me so far (need to test some other cars and tracks as well, but I am positive it will work)
    1. Downloaded the plugin from Vipre from here: Releases ยท viper4gh/SimHub-Plugin-CalcLngWheelSlip and unzipped. There is a readme on how to install the plugin
    2. I than had a look at how the provided dash was taking it's data to calculate the wheel slip and lock and used those to set up 2 custom bass shaker effect:
    I used the following Ncalc Formula for wheel lock (which maps the calculated wheel slip from the plugin from 0.01 - 1 to 0 to 90. Basically, is used 0.01 to leave out some noise and set it to 90 to shorten the scale a bit:

if([ViperDataPlugin.CalcLngWheelSlip.Computed.LngWheelSlip_FL] > 0.01, [ViperDataPlugin.CalcLngWheelSlip.Computed.LngWheelSlip_FL] * 90, 0)

If you decide to use it, the above is only for Front Left Wheel (FL) so you need to set it for the other wheels as well (ViperDataPlugin.CalcLngWheelSlip.Computed.LngWheelSlip_FR for Front Right, RL for Rear Left and RR for Rear Right) using the same formula otherwise.
    Now for wheel slip you should take into account that the input is scaled negatively (-1 to 0) but the bass shakers need to be mapped to 0-100 positively, so the formula is just a bit different, to create absolute numbers:

if(abs([ViperDataPlugin.CalcLngWheelSlip.Computed.LngWheelSlip_FL]) < 0.01, 0, abs([ViperDataPlugin.CalcLngWheelSlip.Computed.LngWheelSlip_FL]) * 90)
    (don't forget to set FR, RL, RR again as well)

Now you might want to try it and change the frequencies or other settings a bit, but I really find this is the best solution for wheel slip so far. I am using a buttkicker 2 pro myself but I think the same principle will work with any type of bass shaker. I've attached my full profile as well, so you can check all my current settings.
    upload_2023-10-16_19-18-35.png
    upload_2023-10-16_19-22-28.png
    upload_2023-10-16_19-22-44.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  10. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I tried using it, but the installation gives issues. When I put the dll in the folder and start simhub it generates an error:

upload_2023-10-20_15-40-0.png

After that I never see any values in the live effects or in the demo dash.

11. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

This works really great! Thank you for sharing!

12. newtonpg

No issues, no errors, just follow strictly install instructions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I did, they aren't that difficult, but for me it creates the mentioned error.

14. newtonpg

Maybe a corrupted install file.

15. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Maybe it's my simhub installation. Will have a look at it at some point.

16. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I went through the process of the viper stuff listed above last night and got it working. However I did notice in my simhub folder I had an old viper dll there from a while ago when I tried and failed to get it working. I removed the old viper dll before copying the current viper dll from the above listing with restarting simhub to be sure. No idea if that might be the case with you or not but everything seems to be working correctly and working very well with wheel slip and lock with viper.

17. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I reinstalled simhub latest version, now it works.

I'm not sure if I prefer it over the "Rangeyrover" file. Perhaps it works slightly better, but both are an improvement over the default wheelslip effect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RnageyRover

RnageyRover Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just received Sim3d Pedal shakers and downloaded the recommended profile "ragesaq Sim3d Pedal Motor Haptics v1.4" from the sim3d discord. I'm linking it here as I think it's got great potential for adaptation to shakers, and I'm sure the effect could be tuned better than my own. I'm going to try and use this in an updated shaker profile for my own setup. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2c2df30588ef11f33a5c4441aaed20003f3bf58ac499&

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

SimHub 9.1.2 here, after more testings, default wheel slip effect is working flawless, I found this good balance profile to feel everything, and the most important effects to drive: wheel slip, acceleration and deceleration, with two cheap mini bass shakers. Now I'll stop tweaking and just drive.

Attached Files:

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are they the only effects you use or do you also use road texture / bumps, gear effects, etc?