Skins Specular map

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Diogo Brand, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Diogo Brand

Diogo Brand New Member

I've tried to do a custom skin for the game, and when I tested it it was pretty much mirror glossy, so I've done some research and saw that I needed to apply a darker specular map to it, but didn't find out how to do it.
    So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.
    Also, how do I create another team? I tried to just create another folder with different skin, but the UI doesn't show it, so I figure I must create some kind of file that will make that folder become an actual team in the game.
    Any help with that will also be truly appreciated.

2. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

To create a new team you need to edit the .veh file and then correlate all the other files in that skin folder to match.

Its actually pretty easy if you start with the .veh file and just copy/paste an existing team and rename it systematically. Then you just replace the copied files with your new ones. You can even add a third car to the team if you wanted.

3. Diogo Brand

Diogo Brand New Member

I tried doing it, but it seems like the game doesn't read it unless it's on the default folders.
    As for the Specular maps, I'm still very much lost.

4. P*Funk

P*Funk Active Member

Go to the folder for the vehicles that you're making your skin for. Copy and paste a copy of a random team. Rename the folder to your new team. Go edit the .veh for both drivers to give the skin the right team name and then change the defaultlivery entry to reflect a new unique name for each driver. Change all the files in the folder to reflect the new default livery names.

So, for the Arrows V10 skin I downloaded this is the .veh for one driver.

DefaultLivery="EBernoldi21.DDS"
    Extra1="Tcam"
    Pitbox="Arrows_teamdecal.dds"

HDVehicle=F_V10.hdv
    Graphics=F_V10.gen
    Spinner=F_V10_Spinner.gen
    GenString= // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Cameras=F_V10_cams.cam // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
    Sounds=F_V10_sound.sfx
    HeadPhysics=F_V10_headphysics.ini // Affects driver eyepoint only
    Cockpit=F_V10_cockpitinfo.ini

BaseVehiclePrice=0
    UnlockExperience=0

//////////////////////////TEAM HISTORY AND INFORMATION///////////////////////////////////////////

Number=21
    Team="Arrows"
    PitGroup="Group10"
    Driver="Enrique Bernoldi"
    Description="F_V10: Enrique Bernoldi"
    Engine="V10"
    Manufacturer="Brackley GP V10"
    Classes="F-V10"

FullTeamName="Arrows"
    TeamFounded=
    TeamHeadquarters=
    TeamStarts=
    TeamPoles=
    TeamWins=
    TeamWorldChampionships=0

Category="Formula V10"

Its contained in a folder called Arrows and all of this driver's associated files are named EBernoldi.[file extension]. The other driver has a different name, the name itself doesn't matter really. It just needs to be in the right folder, the one named after your new team.

• Like Like x 1